Cemeterys Gun Blob

Shotshells by the Case ??

2 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Low Brass are shotgun shells that are loaded with a smaller charge.

So in the case of Fiocchi 2 3/4" shells would the indicator be 'low recoil' or 'light'? I didn't see the keyword 'low' anywhere.

3 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

So in the case of Fiocchi 2 3/4" shells would the indicator be 'low recoil' or 'light'? I didn't see the keyword 'low' anywhere.

Generally, but not necessarily.    When people are looking for low brass, they usually mean low recoil.   That said, what really matters is the velocity and the amount of shot and you can have normal brass shells that are relatively anemic.   The powder and charge are contained in the brass, so it's difficult to make a really hot shell with low brass.  I suspect if you looked hard enough, you could find low brass shells that have more felt recoil than other shells with much higher brass but all that said, you'd probably have to look pretty hard.

10 hours ago, Cemeterys Gun Blob said:

Any place in North Jersey that sells shotshells by the case, and not gouging by selling that case per 'box'?

Looking for Fiocchi low brass target 12 guage.

It's been some time, but I have bought cases of shells at Dicks.  I don't shop there any longer.

I know that Gander mountain in Middletown has it, or did a few years ago when I last visited.

1 minute ago, 45Doll said:

Are we possibly referring to the actual 'height' of the brass base of the shot shell?

That's exactly what people are talking about.  Low brass used to mean weak shell for target shooting, it doesn't really any longer with more advanced powders and different load outs.

1 minute ago, W2MC said:

Oh and .45 brass is NOT all the same.  There's some out there that take small pistol primers, for example

Yup, and there are 45 Auto rim and 45 Long Colt and 45 Schofield and 45-70.

If you’re a member of North Jersey Target Clay Club, you can order cases of shot shells and/or reloading supplies from their clay supplier from PA.  Prices were pretty reasonable since there are Fudds there who shoot through cases each week.  Have to pick up early on a Saturday or Sunday though when the delivery truck arrives at the club.  

5 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

If you’re a member of North Jersey Target Clay Club, you can order cases of shot shells and/or reloading supplies from their clay supplier from PA.  Prices were pretty reasonable since there are Fudds there who shoot through cases each week.  Have to pick up early on a Saturday or Sunday though when the delivery truck arrives at the club.  

Yes, they have deliveries maybe 4-6 times a year.  Whenever they are getting a semi truckload of clay pigeons, members can place an order for shells, and reloading components other than powder or primers.  The next delivery is Jan 20 (it's always on a Sunday, at 7 am), but orders had to be in a few days ago.  Geiser Guns in PA is the supplier.  I've got a price list from this past summer that shows Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics 12 ga target loads for $54.95/case.  No delivery fee or tax.

On 1/11/2019 at 9:28 PM, Malsua said:

It's been some time, but I have bought cases of shells at Dicks.  I don't shop there any longer.

I know that Gander mountain in Middletown has it, or did a few years ago when I last visited.

I have gotten cases a dicks too in the past, but no way I was going to recommend them.