Redlines

Pistol Pemit Changes

13 hours ago, GlennS87 said:

I dropped off an application for 2 permits in Middletown on Friday. Basically the same information as my initial back a year ago. No new fingerprints required. Didn't need a birth certificate (DL and FID was fine).

Plus Craig is pretty quick to sign!

• Agree 1

On 1/12/2019 at 11:54 AM, Redlines said:

Letter to employer states you are getting a gun.

F2104F63-0A9E-4A01-87A6-EAA6F3C00F86.jpeg

And THAT is why you should never tell them your employer.  Remember it asks for employer, not sole employer or primary employer.  So bring your neighbors paper in for a week and ask for a quarter - he is now your employer.  Or just put down self employed or retired, really none of their darn business.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Howard said:

And THAT is why you should never tell them your employer.  Remember it asks for employer, not sole employer or primary employer. 

That’s probably the best advice.  

I’ve always listed my employer’s name and my direct office line, figuring if I got a call I could either confirm my own employment, or if pressed, transfer the call to HR. As it happens, none of the towns I’ve lived in ever bothered to check.

And yes, that form letter to employers shown above is over the line and an illegal attempt to add more barriers to the permitting process. 

3 hours ago, Howard said:

And THAT is why you should never tell them your employer.  Remember it asks for employer, not sole employer or primary employer.  So bring your neighbors paper in for a week and ask for a quarter - he is now your employer.  Or just put down self employed or retired, really none of their darn business.

Be careful with that one. It states on the other pages that it is a felony to lie on the form. If you lie and are caught you loose your right to own firearms for ever. They will look for anything to get you. 

• Agree 1

On 1/12/2019 at 10:41 AM, revenger said:

doesnt look like anything changed to me.

sb212  state police check

sp066  mental health

10 yrs residency   on sp066

reference letters always there,   mine are sent every time

birth certificate might be if theres no DL

sounds like the same old to me ,since the inception of the permit process.   am i missing anything?

does not seem to be a change.... maybe his town is just going along with all the others.

Maybe just hand in the legal paperwork and when they ask for the illegal paperwork just tell them those forms are illegal to ask for per 58-### if you have any questions please contact the state police or ag office and i will see you in 30 days for my permit.   And just leave it at that. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, remixer said:

does not seem to be a change.... maybe his town is just going along with all the others.

Never sent a letter to employer stating that you are applying for a gun verifying employment. Also never asked for 10year previous addresses. If it was less then 1 yr for you last permit no mental health check or state police check. Picture of last years application completely different from this years.( see my first posts)

7E4E373A-6D57-42B5-9973-0C1EDD445037.jpeg

On 1/12/2019 at 6:32 PM, DirtyDigz said:

MODS - suggest you "sticky" the below - it's a link to a directive from the previous A.G. directly telling towns to cut it out with the extra forms.

Redlines, your friend can try bringing the below directive issued directly from the previous Attorney General of NJ to the attention of the Hillsborough chief of police, and if no traction gained there, the mayor:

http://www.nj.gov/lps/dcj/agguide/directives/2016-4_Permits-to-Carry-Firearms_Directive.pdf

A very interesting document. Section 4 is very interesting, where it instructs the Superintendent of Police to collect all the data on applications submitted, including processing times, then says:

"The Superintendent of State Police shall compile this information as a statistical summary and cause it to be published annually on the Division of State Police website."

I don't suppose anyone has seen this website where the Superintendent of State Police has posted this information??