I've used one of these for years.....not a safe; but keeps unauthorized fingers off the hardware.

See the source image

4 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Tractor Supply has a few on sale, here's one, listed as a 14 gun for $95..

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/stack-on-14-gun-steel-security-cabinet-black

Nice deal.....

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sniper said:

Tractor Supply has a few on sale, here's one, listed as a 14 gun for $95..

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/stack-on-14-gun-steel-security-cabinet-black

Just got one of those recently.  It's flimsy compared to a safe, but it keeps guns away from kids, and slows up potential thieves (in combination with an alarm system).  That's a great price.  

I have 3 of those. They do the job for what they are. But I don't have little ones running around. It would still keep them out as long as they can't find the keys. Bolt them down good so they can't just be carted off. I keep mine in a lock-up room that has an alarm that will make your ears bleed in short order.

How much of a "safe" are you wanting.  The stack-on steel cabinets are fine if you just want to make sure someone can't just pick it up and walk away.  Tractor Supply and a lot of bulk big box places have good deals frequently on ~60" tall "gun safes" in the $300-$600 range.

We rent at the moment and I’m looking for something to keep my meager collection safe but when we move i can get it out of here easily. Would love to maybe get some sort of fire protection, but i want To keep it light and cheap for now. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• NJGF members in chat (1)

• 48 How important is it for you to have your next pistol be "Optics Ready?"

1. 1. How important is it for you to have your next pistol be "Optics Ready?"

• Very, (Do not want to pay for slide cutting, Looks cool, etc.)
      • Neutral (don't have a preference either way)
      • Not at all (not a feature I am looking for).
    2. 2. How much are you willing to pay for "Optics ready"? (i.e. gun is cut for an optic)

• Up to $50
      • $50 to $100
      • $100 to $200
      • $250 or more
      • None. If it is not standard part of the gun, not willing to pay more for a model with it.
    3. 3. Why are you looking for Optics Ready?

• Planning on adding optic.
      • Want to have the option just in case
      • n/a
    4. 4. Why do you want to add an optic?

• Looks cool/tactical or someone told me I should
      • Need it for deteriorating eyesight.
      • To compete in certain gun games (USPSA Carry Optics)
      • Other Reasons

•  

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• I'm a huge fan of the SI stock stop. Really threw my local detective for a loop when we saw each at the range the other day. He is used to the old fashioned way and is surprised that both ranges and civilians are coming up with newer ways to meet the BS requirements here in NJ without destroying their rifles or magazines.
    • These two look nice (have 2 HG permits): https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/8010/glock+ug3430103mos+g34+g4+9m+us+17r+as https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/27797/ruger+mark+iv+22+long+rifle+(lr)+44+10%2b1+black+polymer+grip+black The Glock already has the optics. Is that MkIV compatible with optics at the rear? Are those prices good? Also, was wondering if someone could suggest a website that deals with NJ and ships to their FFL dealers.
    • I'd rather go for a 34 instead. I figure the greater barrel length will help a little with recoil. Yes, but I've shot before. Just not my own.
    • Is it written anywhere how NJ measures an overall length of a firearm? ATF measures it with a stock unfolded or extended. I always assumed NJ was the opposite, nut can't find it in writing.
    • Clamato makes THE BEST Bloody Mary.  And Joe's Pizza in Flemington for the best pie in the area. 

Important Information