nondisclosure

RTSP- Union

I went to the new location for the Grand Opening day on 12/8. It is an excellent store and range. I used the range for about an hour, and I was going to buy a 1 year membership before I left, but I never did. I am planning to go back there tomorrow morning to use the range again, & this time I will definitely buy the membership. When I was done shooting, I looked around the store for quite a while, but did not buy anything. I am certainly planning to get there at least once a month, if not twice, because it is only 12 miles from my house. If I am able to go there as much as I would like to, I have to bring a couple of different pistols each time, to use some of my pistols that I have not shot in many years. 

• Agree 1

Just letting folks know that I work at the RTSP union location now :) Come by and say hi!

On 1/27/2019 at 6:12 PM, Rufio.Weaponworks said:

my only gripe is the ports are on the small side and the benches have built in bench rests so the amount of space to lay out multiple guns is really small.

Just wanted to mention that there are wider ports both on the rifle and pistol side. If you prefer one just ask and if they are available a clerk will put you on one.

1 hour ago, hartsfw said:

Just letting folks know that I work at the RTSP union location now :) Come by and say hi!

Just wanted to mention that there are wider ports both on the rifle and pistol side. If you prefer one just ask and if they are available a clerk will put you on one.

"Fat guy ports"?  :D

• Haha 1

Finally got to RTSP Union the other night and had a great time. I went with a friend who was a first time shooter and he was appreciative of the fact that the range officers seemed like they were there to help. I told him that it's not always like that at some ranges but these guys were very nice and helpful. The whole place is really impressive - the facility and the staff. My friend is looking to buy his first pistol and the person who helped him couldn't have been nicer. He was very thorough and patient which is exactly what somebody new to all of this really needs.  Living in Edison, I've had to travel to Lakewood or Flemington or further for a public range until now. Having a range 20 minutes away is awesome. The handgun ports were a little small, but I'd rather have that (which allows room for more ports) than having to wait at a place with larger, but fewer, ports. Overall, RTSP Union was great and I'm looking forward to going back soon.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TripleD said:

Finally got to RTSP Union the other night and had a great time. I went with a friend who was a first time shooter and he was appreciative of the fact that the range officers seemed like they were there to help. I told him that it's not always like that at some ranges but these guys were very nice and helpful. The whole place is really impressive - the facility and the staff. My friend is looking to buy his first pistol and the person who helped him couldn't have been nicer. He was very thorough and patient which is exactly what somebody new to all of this really needs.  Living in Edison, I've had to travel to Lakewood or Flemington or further for a public range until now. Having a range 20 minutes away is awesome. The handgun ports were a little small, but I'd rather have that (which allows room for more ports) than having to wait at a place with larger, but fewer, ports. Overall, RTSP Union was great and I'm looking forward to going back soon.

Glad to hear that your experience was so positive!

Oh so they have Gunny Asshole from Randolph there, all plate-carriered up, one gun strapped to the plate carrier in a chest holster and another on his waist, limping around and shouting abuse at people like a drunk asshole? Good, because for what is an otherwise nice range, Gunny Asshole sure ruined Randolph for me, that sack of mentally deranged shit.

• Haha 1

Love this range - period. It’s close, 50 years brook range with with 40 booths (each holding three people). They allow all the way up to .308+. Staff and RSO are SUPER FRIENDLY (shout out to Jesse) and will sometimes - if not busy - help you zero your sights. Cannot recommenced this place enough.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Castro said:

Love this range - period. It’s close, 50 years brook range with with 40 booths (each holding three people). They allow all the way up to .308+. Staff and RSO are SUPER FRIENDLY (shout out to Jesse) and will sometimes - if not busy - help you zero your sights. Cannot recommenced this place enough.

Jesse is the best, the mood always lightens when he comes in the door

Went to this range for the first time finally, just to look around. Very impressive. Staff is professional and courteous. I had one small issue with just one of the staff there that was spouting "falsehoods" that I felt were not necessary. A guy was looking at the non-nfa selection and asking some basic questions and the gist of it was, he was interested in the quad rail look over the m-lok. The staff said it was not legal to have quad rails on non-nfa's because thats how the laws are with these non-nfas. I tried to correct him tactfully but he stuck to his guns. Now i'm not gonna push the issue with the staff, but come on. Oh, and he also "joked" about drawing on a guy if they flagged him with the muzzle (of an unloaded firearm that they were just handed by the staff...). Little bit immature if you ask me. Other than that though the place looks amazing. Good overall atmosphere and would definitely go back for some range time.

Went to this range for the first time finally, just to look around. Very impressive. Staff is professional and courteous. I had one small issue with just one of the staff there that was spouting "falsehoods" that I felt were not necessary. A guy was looking at the non-nfa selection and asking some basic questions and the gist of it was, he was interested in the quad rail look over the m-lok. The staff said it was not legal to have quad rails on non-nfa's because thats how the laws are with these non-nfas. I tried to correct him tactfully but he stuck to his guns. Now i'm not gonna push the issue with the staff, but come on. Oh, and he also "joked" about drawing on a guy if they flagged him with the muzzle (of an unloaded firearm that they were just handed by the staff...). Little bit immature if you ask me. Other than that though the place looks amazing. Good overall atmosphere and would definitely go back for some range time.