Sign in to follow this  
ah141nj

Just a hello

Hello All,

Stumbled across this site from skimming in 1911forum.

Its about time we had a dedicated gun forum in NJ other than the hunting ones.Its been long overdue.

Frequent reader of that PA forum. Those lucky guys in PA...with there CCW laws and all.

Maybe we can push for similar CCW laws as there are in other parts of the country. Now we can be heard in NJ.

Currently live in Bridgewater, moved here about 5 years ago from Brooklyn NY. Talk about harsh gun laws.... :evil:

Recently became a NRA certified Pistol Instructor. Have just gotten into handloading since about Nov. Just 9mm & 45 acp right now. Soon will be doing some .223 for my HBAR. Handloading is a hobby all by itself. Lets you shoot more!!! :D

Looking forward to being a regular on njgunforums very much. Very excited by it.

welcome bud! handloading eh? I think most people here that reload do it by machine. would love for you to share your experience there.

Why did you move from Brooklyn to Bridgewater? I know I knw, dumb question... but still.

welcome bud! handloading eh? I think most people here that reload do it by machine. would love for you to share your experience there.

Handloading/reloading. I was taught that if you are using new brass, bullets, powders etc its handloading. If you are using previously fired brass, than its reloading. I do both...new & used brass. Both with a Lee turret press. Reloading is a rewarding hobby all by itself. It lets you shoot so much more

Why did you move from Brooklyn to Bridgewater? I know I knw, dumb question... but still.

I have hated Brooklyn for years, couldnt get my wife to move. Unfortunately, I still work there. I commute daily everyday...what a drag.

welcome. Did you know we have a gun club in bridgewater? It is a nice range. It is never too busy when I go.

I am and have been a member of SCFGPA. I have also practiced for IDPA on wed nights. Shot IDPA only twice....I plan on participating more now that I reload & have a "stash"

That stash will go very quickly after a few good range sessions. Just when I thought I was good, 2 sessions and I was not as good anymore. Now I run at least 500 rds before I switch calibers. On my every trip calibers I try to do 1000 before I switch.