Combat Auto

2019 NJ anti-2A agenda

ANJRPC (NRA-Affiliate) just sent this out...As suspected regulate Ammo sales, and continued demonization of law abiding gun owners as a "threat" to the community....Maybe Murphy worked with Little Marco on the latter one. :-)

This sucks, they are going after the internet sales obviously. I hope the 3rd circuit flips to our side soon. Don't forget those 2 vacant judge slots P-Tump, please!

STATE OF THE STATE: GOV. MURPHY REVEALS
NEXT STEPS IN ANTI-GUN AGENDA
January 15, 2019. In his State of the State address earlier today, Gov. Murphy discussed the next steps in his anti-gun agenda. In Gov. Murphy's own words:

"Last year, we enacted seven new common-sense gun safety laws which returned us to our rightful place as a national leader. Let’s take additional steps this year to close remaining loopholes -- to make it easier for prosecutors and police to keep illegal guns off our streets, regulate and track ammunition sales, and assist community-based organizations in implementing coordinated, evidence-based, violence-intervention strategies. Let’s work together to get this done."

Regulating and tracking ammunition sales impacts only law-abiding citizens, because criminals don't buy ammunition from licensed sellers. Based on Gov. Murphy's statement, it appears that more regulation of honest citizens -- instead of throwing the book at actual criminals -- is coming.

As far as "closing remaining loopholes," New Jersey has the strictest gun control in the nation and there are no loopholes to close. Gov. Murphy's words are likely code for more regulation of good citizens who are already the most heavily regulated in the nation.

And "assisting community-based organizations" likely means funneling taxpayer dollars to anti-gun groups to further restrict gun rights.

Round 2 of Gov. Murphy's anti-gun legislative agenda is coming. Get ready to take action as specific legislative proposals arise in the coming weeks.

Please forward this email to every gun owner you know, and if you don’t already receive alerts from ANJRPC, please subscribe to our free email alerts for the latest Second Amendment breaking news and action alerts.

About ANJRPC: The Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs is the official New Jersey affiliate of the NRA, and is New Jersey’s oldest, largest, and most effective Second Amendment advocacy organization.

Well I said on an earlier thread I want this over with.  Ginsberg aside, I'm ready for it all.  I want it brought to the SCOTUS the sooner the better.  I'm tired of all this nickle and diming with petty suits and want it all to go.  Tear it off like a band-aid. So go ahead and pass this crap.  I donate regularly and I'll donate more for the fight.  I want the freedoms to enjoy before I die.

I the mean time: STOCK THE "F" UP!! Every spare piece of change in your jars should go toward ammo.  

Edited by BobA
Grammer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BobA said:

Well I said on an earlier thread I want this over with.  Ginsberg aside, I'm ready for it all.  I want it brought to the SCOTUS the sooner the better.  I'm tired of all this nickle and diming with petty suits and want it all to go.  Tear it off like a band-aid. So go ahead and pass this crap.  I donate regularly and I'll donate more for the fight.  I want the freedoms to enjoy before I die.

I the mean time: STOCK THE "F" UP!! Every spare piece of change in your jars should go toward ammo.  

Only now...stocking up?  Very late to the game....

Better yet dont you reload?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sniper said:

True.

Everyone should have learned their lesson after the Sandy Hook shooting.

Yes. My floor is about to end up in my basement from ammo weight. But my few thousand rounds won’t be enough if he puts restrictions on buying. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

I am sure many here will gladly follow any new law or laws.  They don't want any trouble.   

On this one you might not have any choice. If ammo dealers like say SG-AMMO refuses to ship to NJ residence without going to an FFL there isn't much one can do about it. And yes, before anyone says store,  I have my stash also, but eventually it will go dry. Should be fairly easy for most people to outlast Murphy when it comes to ammo (IF) he is tossed in 3 years, but laws once in are harder to reverse even if we get a republican gov next time.

26 minutes ago, Combat Auto said:

On this one you might not have any choice. If ammo dealers like say SG-AMMO refuses to ship to NJ residence without going to an FFL there isn't much one can do about it. And yes, before anyone says store,  I have my stash also, but eventually it will go dry. Should be fairly easy for most people to outlast Murphy when it comes to ammo (IF) he is tossed in 3 years, but laws once in are harder to reverse even if we get a republican gov next time.

Indeed.  Which is why I'm fed up and want this whole magilla to go to the SCOTUS sans Ginsberg.  If they don't completely un-tether us I'll find a new hobby until I move.   

1 hour ago, Combat Auto said:

You may be able to outlast Smurphy but you'll never outlast the NJ tyranny. This state will never see a real R gov again. Not that that ever mattered.... Don't count on the SCOTUS either accept for a bunch of ifs. That's if they take a mag case, if they take a ccw case, if they take a ammo limit/ shipping case.....and if NJ would comply with any favorable rulings. There is no happy ending here until this state is in your rear view mirror. But for now, because you can, buy it cheap and stack it deep.

1 minute ago, siderman said:

buy it cheap and stack it deep.

Agreed.

1 minute ago, siderman said:

That's if they take a mag case, if they take a ccw case, if they take a ammo limit case.....

Also agreed.  But this is why I'd like to see the whole package of infringement on the agenda.  Me, personally, am at a point in my life where I need this stuff to poop or get off the pot.  Not do these onesies with this case and that one.  Un-infringed gun ownership.  GOA style. 

Another stupid feel good law.

Banning internet sales does NOT make ammunition purchases traceable or able to be tracked.

In NJ we do log in ammo sales but i have never had the NJSP give it more then a 2 second glance
during an inspection... its more of a "You have an ammo log"

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, BobA said:

Indeed.  Which is why I'm fed up and want this whole magilla to go to the SCOTUS sans Ginsberg.  If they don't completely un-tether us I'll find a new hobby until I move.   

Hobby?

HOBBY!?

:facepalm:

15 minutes ago, remixer said:

Banning internet sales does NOT make ammunition purchases traceable or able to be tracked.

In NJ we do log in ammo sales but i have never had the NJSP give it more then a 2 second glance

Much ado about nothing

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, remixer said:

That's because NJSP knows keeping an ammo log is meaningless bs imposed by the legislature.  Ammo logs never prevented or solved any crime.

• Agree 2