tgz13

The Official NJGF Photo Thread!

I really don't understand why people look down their nose at Taurus.  I bought this PT101p about 5 years ago, have put about 3500 rounds down the tube and have NEVER had a single issue other than I run out of ammo because it is a blast to shoot.  This thing brand new was only $299..... came with 2 mags and a carry case.  I think it was money well spent!  Joke on Taurus all you want this thing is worth every BANG for the buck!

EDIT: pic added (not mine but mine wont pop up)

4838511613_74d9e28a3c_z.jpg

A good week at casa de Alpo:

On the right: New (to me) H&R Ultra Slug 12ga made in 2001, wearing a 3-9 Bushnell Banner scope.
On the left: New Marlin Model 60 (+1 for Lou's in Raritan), wearing a cheap, but accurate, Tasco 3-7x20 scope.

Took them out to Clinton WMA with the wife today. Good time, but my shoulder will be complaining about those 3" slugs tomorrow.

bros_zpsa28bcedf.jpg

20140928_130457.jpg

Iwi Tavor 18" barrel, manticore arms arclight xtl fore end fully loaded, manticore arms arclight ipsm internal light switch, savy sniper sling, gear head works flex swivel/ejection port cover, primary arms weapon light, mepro tru-dot red dot sight.

Latest franken-AR build. So far she has exceeded my expectations.

Spikes lower, Anderson upper, ALG ACT FCG, PSA lower build kit, Magpul furniture (stock permanently altered to be fixed), Midwest Industries Keymod rail, YHM slant brake, YHM gas block, BCM BCG, Faxon 14.5" QPQ Nitrided 4150 barrel (brake is pinned and welded to over 16.5" barrel length), KNS anti rotation pins, BCM keymod forgrip. Lower and upper are Magpul FDE Cerakoted

AR_MI.jpg

Latest franken-AR build. So far she has exceeded my expectations.

Spikes lower, Anderson upper, ALG ACT FCG, PSA lower build kit, Magpul furniture (stock permanently altered to be fixed), Midwest Industries Keymod rail, YHM slant brake, YHM gas block, BCM BCG, Faxon 14.5" QPQ Nitrided 4150 barrel (brake is pinned and welded to over 16.5" barrel length), KNS anti rotation pins, BCM keymod forgrip. Lower and upper are Magpul FDE Cerakoted

AR_MI.jpg

Clean looking boom stick, Dan.

How do you like the ALG line vs a Geissele line? How much does your rifle weigh?

Eric

Clean looking boom stick, Dan.

How do you like the ALG line vs a Geissele line? How much does your rifle weigh?

Eric

Thanks Eric. She weighs in at 8lb 5oz with the flashlight and eotech sight on. Mind you, it is a mid-weight barrel, not a pencil or govt contour.

I'm very happy with the ALG trigger. It is the standard pull of a milspec trigger, but with a tremendously better feel and break. There's no perceptible grit or slack. I have the geissele SSA-E and SD3G to compare. SSA-E is a two stage, super smooth take up, and a light clean break.. very nice but more suitable for a DMR type rifle. The SD3G is a single stage super clean and light break with a crazy fast reset. Man it is fun to play around with, and would be great for gun games if I ever get into that. It would also be a good bench shooting trigger, though the SSA-E is also. I wouldn't run in in a class or anything like that, zero forgiveness. In all, the ALG is my new go-to basic improved milspec FCG. You can't beat the price for what you get.

Thanks Eric. She weighs in at 8lb 5oz with the flashlight and eotech sight on. Mind you, it is a mid-weight barrel, not a pencil or govt contour.

I'm very happy with the ALG trigger. It is the standard pull of a milspec trigger, but with a tremendously better feel and break. There's no perceptible grit or slack. I have the geissele SSA-E and SD3G to compare. SSA-E is a two stage, super smooth take up, and a light clean break.. very nice but more suitable for a DMR type rifle. The SD3G is a single stage super clean and light break with a crazy fast reset. Man it is fun to play around with, and would be great for gun games if I ever get into that. It would also be a good bench shooting trigger, though the SSA-E is also. I wouldn't run in in a class or anything like that, zero forgiveness. In all, the ALG is my new go-to basic improved milspec FCG. You can't beat the price for what you get.

That's consistent with what I've heard, about the ALG line. Good value for a std, mil spec trigger upgrade.  If I shot service rifle, I would try one.  I've run a DMR in my SPR for years and an SD3G in my carbine. Both do their intended jobs real well.  I'm a big Geissele fan.

I shoot at Range 14, maybe I'll run into you some day.

Eric

Oh, ok.  308?  Cool stock on the 10/22, too.  I love me some 10/22's.  Might be the best plinking/training/fun gun, ever.

Eric

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the 22, I bought the 10/22 just to teach my son how to shoot and gun safety.  It is a wonderful teaching tool.