was it a .300BO in a .223 chambered rifle?  or is that just people guessing.

and yes, it's a thing and it's a problem, and one of the reasons I've still not gotten a .300BO chambered upper, even though I think the round has benefits over .223/5.56

1 hour ago, sota said:

was it a .300BO in a .223 chambered rifle?  or is that just people guessing.

and yes, it's a thing and it's a problem, and one of the reasons I've still not gotten a .300BO chambered upper, even though I think the round has benefits over .223/5.56

In Jersey, unless you are going to supress it in the future, it just does not make sense.

If you want .308 caliber bullet, just go 7.62x39 in a cheap package.

Was also surprised that the 300 chambers... are those barrels that loose? Will have to take a look at the dimensions. 

FYI, this is also why you do not shoot ammo you find on the ground out of your stock guns, especially after matches.

Too often a 9mm round at the range after a USPSA match is actually loaded to 9mm Major specs, designed to be run in compted guns.  Shoot it in your stock Glock 19 and Kaboom.

Just dumbfounded someone can confuse a 22 caliber bullet for a 7.62

Well remember the 300 bo was designed to be used with a 223 bolt. 

It's a cut down .223 cartridge and resized neck much lower. The oal is shorter... Looks like the larger diameter bullet sits just at the neck of the chamber.. it just barely fits. Wow!

3 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Well remember the 300 bo was designed to be used with a 223 bolt. 

It's a cut down .223 cartridge and resized neck much lower. The oal is shorter... Looks like the larger diameter bullet sits just at the neck of the chamber.. it just barely fits. Wow!

Thanks, that answered that.  I did not know the OAL was shorter.  That explains it 100%... bullet essentially sits near the top of the chamber... empty space when the primer goes off, KABOOM.

I have not really spent much time with 300 bo, but assumed it was about the same OAL... That is kinda stupid that it is shorter.