1LtCAP

indoor fm antenna

ok. where the hell can I just walk in to an actual store and buy one of these things? it's for a denon avr-1802. just got this receiver for cheap. but the guy didn't have an fm antenna for it. i'd really prefer to not wait a week to order 1 online. wallyworld doesn't have one in their store in Somerdale...…..didn't have time to stop by otrher stores. 

starting to get really fed the $#%^&^ up with not being able to walk in a store and buy stuff like this. 

53 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

try IEI in Hazlet NJ.

Holy cow, those guys are still in business?  That was one of my favorite places to go when I was an electronics nerd.  It used to be Radio Shack on steroids.  There was a really great Army/Navy store almost across the highway from them too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

where the hell can I just walk in to an actual store and buy one of these things?

Any chance you have an old 75 ohm coax adapter and a set of rabbit ears that use to come with older TV sets? That would work as a FM antenna.

7 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Holy cow, those guys are still in business?  That was one of my favorite places to go when I was an electronics nerd.  It used to be Radio Shack on steroids.  There was a really great Army/Navy store almost across the highway from them too.

Yup. Army Navy store is still there too.

i don't have one of those adapters. i went looking through my junk stash last night after i posted this.

yea...i saw best buy has them listed, as does wallyworld, and home depot. but i'd have to still order it. what happened to the days of just being able to buy this stuff?

right now, i've just got a bluetooth transmitter sitting on top of the unit so it'll pick it up and playing classic rock on pandora.

it feels like the days of brick n mortar stores are coming to a disturbingly fast end.

1 hour ago, GRIZ said:

Amazon has several from another $10 up.

i saw those, and in fact ordered a cheap one. my point of being pissed off though is that just as recently as 10 years ago, there'd have  been several stores i could just walk in to, pick one out, and buy it. right there. no need to order it from anywhere. pay cash, and have the product i want.

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

i saw those, and in fact ordered a cheap one. my point of being pissed off though is that just as recently as 10 years ago, there'd have  been several stores i could just walk in to, pick one out, and buy it. right there. no need to order it from anywhere. pay cash, and have the product i want.

I agree. You used to be able to go to places like Radio Shack or Lafayette or Arrow Electronics, or dozens of small places and know they would have it.