PK90

Glock 48. The new NJ G19.

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

Hehe, definitely need more time with both and will request samples from Glock. 

But here is the question, why bother with a 48 over a 19? 

It's narrower and comes in bling two tone. Duh.

• Informative 1

I agree.  If you are limited to 10 rounds, and buying from scratch, why buy a bulky gun made to handle more?

If you want to go for the bulky gun, go for one that has 10 rounds of .45

This new Glock 48 looks thin and no ugly rail in front, almost looks like a plastic 1911.  Looks very nice.  I'd buy it if I didn't already have something else.  Plus the usual Glock virtues - lightness, reliability, durability, the certain blockiness that is their trademark, the weird but oddly effective trigger...

If I lived in a state that did not require a permission slip to be obtained at great administrative inconvenience to buy one, I'd probably go get one right now.

2 hours ago, Maksim said:

Hehe, definitely need more time with both and will request samples from Glock. 

But here is the question, why bother with a 48 over a 19? 

1 hour ago, ChrisJM981 said:

It's narrower and comes in bling two tone. Duh.

This.  I do like the Two tone especially after Bad Boys 2 lol.

53 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Lighter, thinner, using standard magazines and not fucked up ones, two tone finish

Yep

45 minutes ago, kman said:

I agree.  If you are limited to 10 rounds, and buying from scratch, why buy a bulky gun made to handle more?

If you want to go for the bulky gun, go for one that has 10 rounds of .45

This new Glock 48 looks thin and no ugly rail in front, almost looks like a plastic 1911.  Looks very nice.  I'd buy it if I didn't already have something else.  Plus the usual Glock virtues - lightness, reliability, durability, the certain blockiness that is their trademark, the weird but oddly effective trigger...

If I lived in a state that did not require a permission slip to be obtained at great administrative inconvenience to buy one, I'd probably go get one right now.

This exactly.  That's why I got a Beretta Nano over a LCP and anything else at the time - slim single stack 9mm.  

Thickness is definitely a reason - it conceals better than a 26.

• Thanks 1

I will have to shoot it again but for me, the recoil on the 48 and 43x seemed far harsher than on a 19, despite not being that much smaller. Hence why would go 19.

will have to try again. 

The two tone is definitely cool though.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

This.  I do like the Two tone especially after Bad Boys 2 lol.

Yep

This exactly.  That's why I got a Beretta Nano over a LCP and anything else at the time - slim single stack 9mm.  

Thickness is definitely a reason - it conceals better than a 26.

The only dimension differing between the 48 and 19 is the 48 is 1/4" smaller in overall width.  That makes no difference in carrying concealed.

The G26 is the same height and a big wider and longer than a Nano but holds 66% more rounds than a Nano.  I don't see any big benefit as far as concealability.

• Agree 1

I'm actually digging the 48 a lot.  Anybody want to buy a Glock 19 :)? Or is that sacrilege?  

17 hours ago, GRIZ said:

The only dimension differing between the 48 and 19 is the 48 is 1/4" smaller in overall width.  That makes no difference in carrying concealed.

The G26 is the same height and a big wider and longer than a Nano but holds 66% more rounds than a Nano.  I don't see any big benefit as far as concealability.

Agree... Pics in an earlier post.

Glock will still sell a crap ton of 48s though. 

I already have a g48 waiting for me at Monmouth arms.

inhave smallish hands and love the size of the G48, so I see it as a win win for me.

i have two g19s, a gen 4 and gen 5, will likely sell one of them.

I know I’m in the minority here, but I love the two tone.

On 1/29/2019 at 9:09 PM, Maksim said:

I will have to shoot it again but for me, the recoil on the 48 and 43x seemed far harsher than on a 19, despite not being that much smaller. Hence why would go 19.

will have to try again. 

Agree on the G43.  The smallest 9mm I like at the range is my G26.  I find the G19 and the G26 to feel about the same in recoil.  Anything smaller I prefer .380.  If Sig releases the P365 in .380 I'm going to trade my G43 in. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 9:09 PM, Maksim said:

will have to try again. 

The lighter weight and more so the thinner grip will increase felt recoil compared to a 19.

6 hours ago, GRIZ said:

The lighter weight and more so the thinner grip will increase felt recoil compared to a 19.

Just trying to recall the G43, but IIRC, for some reason the G48 recoil felt weirder/harsher than G43.

Interestingly... in these pocket guns the most memorable experience I recall was the Springfield XDS (that small one) in 45 ACP.  A nice push.

These are direct competitors to the Shield and they don't really offer anything up on it. The trip is about the same size as the Shield with the longer mag.  The Shield comes with metal sights and has the shorter mag for versatility.   The Blocks only win on capacity.  They might fit a larger hand slightly better, and they don't have an attachment area under the barrel   Not to mention, M&Ps have much better triggers.  And the sight radius is on par