JMich3

Anyone have the CZ Shadow?

I’m drooling over the CZ Shadow but I’m wondering if it’s worth the extra money over say an Sp-01 or a SP01 Tactical. I’m not planning on using it as a regular use competition gun although i may do some fun comps here and there. 

To me... no.

The original SP-01 and Tactical are very good buys. You get a lot of gun for the money. The Shadow, and the current Shadow 2, are nice... but all of them are steel frame pistols. How much better is the Shadow line going to shoot over the SP-01?

To me, it is a $600 pistol compared to $1,100 to $1,500 pistol (are a few different variations of the Shadow). My SP-01 is an awesome shooter. While the Shadow may be better, it likely wouldn’t give the returns I’d expect from the extra money being spent.

S1OXVlN.jpg

• Thanks 1

My buddy has one. 

It was a little picky with ammo (he can’t use manufactured reloads) but it is a soft shooting tack driver of a pistol. I ran a few rounds through it. I am not a competitive shooter but if I was, I’d buy one in a heartbeat. He shoots local matches and simply loves the gun. 

I have the Shadow 2 and it was my first CZ. After shooting it, I wondered what took me so long to get on board. I love it. No trigger mods done to it. Not a competitive shooter any more so I just got it for fun. Don’t know if its worth more then just getting the standard model. Not even sure of the differences. I bought it because it looks cool. Yup. Only reason. Life is short. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't have one, but shot one a few times.  I'm not really into handguns, but, if I was, that would be the one for me.  Feels good in the hand, nice balance and the trigger was par excellence, mild recoil.  The reason I don't buy handguns is I'm a terrible shot, but this one just seems to work for me.  Dunno exactly why, but it does.

I have a bull shadow 2 and I love it.  It shoots stupid flat.

The biggest differences between the shadow and the SP-01 include but are not limited to;

• Shadow is heavier (larger frame)
  • Shadow has longer sight radius
  • Shadow has better/more checkering
  • Undercut trigger guard
  • The trigger does not have a firing pin block, so when compared to an SP01 even with the block removed, the shadow trigger is better and has greater potential 

That's comparing stock vs stock shadow vs an SP01.  Realize that the differences are fundamental and not "bolt on" items  Also I'm not comparing to my gun which is a different animal as mine is a bull shadow 2 (custom slide and barrel) further modified.

I would get the shadow unless you have a specific "duty" purpose in mind for the SP01.  I would say the shadow wins hands down in all other regards.

bull shadow1.jpg

bull shadow2.jpg

bull shadow3.jpg

• Thanks 1

I had the same decision and decided to go with an SP01 but have it modified by CGW. This gave me exactly what i wanted for about the same price as a stock Shadow. For example I like SAO triggers so I ordered a SP01 with a safety (no decocker) and had Cajun do an SAO conversion with flat trigger as well as a bunch of other stuff.

Mu stepson has a stock Shadow 2 and although he loves it, he does admit to liking my trigger and sights better. Accuracy is very similar between the two.

• Thanks 1