Sign in to follow this  
Greenday

Fair Price for .223 Brass

I see no reason for my brass to go to waste or for the range to have for free. Traded brass for a Harris bipod a co-worker wasn't using. But for the future, I figure I can sell some for a little extra cash to help reduce my costs and save someone else a little money. I've got some Wolf Brass and American Eagle Boat Tailed in .223 as I'm sure different manufacturers are worth more based on quality.

I think you would be lucky to get 5c per case for once fired dirty brass. I would take federal over wolf, but i'm not sure i would pay a premium. both require extra case prep for crimped primers and the quality between the two is negligible.

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

I think you would be lucky to get 5c per case for once fired dirty brass. I would take federal over wolf, but i'm not sure i would pay a premium. both require extra case prep for crimped primers and the quality between the two is negligible.

Honestly, $0.05/case sounds reasonable to me for dirty brass. Assuming I managed to save 1,000 rounds from my bulk orders, $50 for casings I can't use is a nice little discount for my future orders.