AlDente67

Questions about Dover. DE

Moving there from Michigan for a new job.  The client expects me to be onsight for thee first few weeks or so, and then I can  work from home back in NJ, plus driving home on weekends would be easy.

I am excited to take this gig because it pays 30% more plus full benefits, and very limited cost overhead (as opposed to my current lease in Michagan for a furnished unit...costs more than my total mortgage in Jersey each month.  Nuts.

But the cheapest hotel I could find adds up to 3k per a standard room with maybe a small kitchette. I thought MI would be less expensive than NJ, but I was so wrong.

Thing is, I have never been to Dover that I can recall, so I have no idea of what to be aware of (bad areas, good areas).  If anyone had advice, please let me know.

I looked at Airbnb before arriving in Michigan last summer.  The price was around 2500 per month paid in advance for a place that was rather spartan.    I will look again, but not hopeful.  Furnished apartments are never cheaper than Days Inn, and no silly application and ref checks.

And my family is in NJ, as is my house.