silverado427

PSA Ocean county school referendum

If you live in Beachwood , Pine Beach  ,South Toms River  or Toms River , Today  they are having a school ref vote .

They want $147 mill  to do  repairs.  the average property taxes will rise about $ 130 a year if you don't go out and vote.

They are trying to sneak it through via special election.  They changed the date to today, a Tuesday after a holiday.  I bet there will be record low turnout. 

I am sick of hearing how much more money they need for the schools!  Teacher salaries, pensions, benefits, buses, emergency funding for buildings, sports, and now a 20 year Bond program that will come out of our pockets again every year.

Don't forget, we the 2019 tax increase ahead of us this fall and a mandatory county property reassessment coming next year (2020) that will raise our taxes again.  Add the bond issue and that's THREE increases in 2 years! 

• Agree 1

We just got our's today for our Ocean county town.  Its $24 more a quarter. I got one for the house and one for my business in town. So between the house and our business its another $200 a year. NJ has to have either the best fear mongering propaganda machine or a lot of stupid voters.