gunforhire

NRA ballots are dropping. Colandro for NRA please

Just now, myhatinthering said:

will log in and do if that is how it's done.  I've not gotten anything other than requests to increase my lifetime status

The ballot will be mailed to you in the next NRA magazine this week.

Ant 

37 minutes ago, gunforhire said:

I live inWoodland Park brother 1.2 miles from the range. 

I followed you home from the Bullethole one night, after you outshot me with each others LCRs.  Jerk

3 hours ago, gunforhire said:

The ballot will be mailed to you in the next NRA magazine this week.

Ant 

I'll be looking for it! I'm surprised they didn't put you and Adam Kraut on a separate page. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, gunforhire said:

So the ballots are hitting the mail now! There are 5 different ones so please look close and bullet vote for me. #gunforhire #colandrofornra #nra colandrofornra.com

506FF981-47B9-490D-8876-E86D85E4FD45.jpeg

Wow.  Looking this over there isn't a state on there that needs the type of representation the NRA is supposed to offer.  CA, CT, MA, MD, NY, RI and us are having our rights being slowly killed.  I wonder if we're being over looked somewhat by that lack of representation.  At the very least getting Colandro on the board as a voting member could only help show us that this is the case.  Perhaps he could either get us more juice or explain where it's going from a first hand perspective. I know a lot of us wonder that. Listening to his radio show, (and according to @Ray Ray at Bullethole :) ), he seems to be a straight shooter.  I for one would be interested to hear more in depth where our money is going.  Good luck Ant. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SuRrEaLNJ said:

mines not in hand yet. do tell.

There are 33 endorsed names facing the ballot for 27 slots. Me and Adam Kraut are not listed because we were not nominated!

4 hours ago, BobA said:

Wow.  Looking this over there isn't a state on there that needs the type of representation the NRA is supposed to offer.  CA, CT, MA, MD, NY, RI and us are having our rights being slowly killed.  I wonder if we're being over looked somewhat by that lack of representation.  At the very least getting Colandro on the board as a voting member could only help show us that this is the case.  Perhaps he could either get us more juice or explain where it's going from a first hand perspective. I know a lot of us wonder that. Listening to his radio show, (and according to @Ray Ray at Bullethole :) ), he seems to be a straight shooter.  I for one would be interested to hear more in depth where our money is going.  Good luck Ant. 

Thank you! On a side note Ray Ray and I were cellmates!

19 hours ago, sota said:

so  who *shouldn't* we vote for?

I for one would like to see the Nuge's seat filled with someone who'll actually do something useful.

Don't vote for the sake of voting. Certain people are going to get in anyway, and a  vote for anyone but Anthony is two more votes he would need to pull back ahead. I'm voting for one person, two at the most, to give Anthony the best chance of election. 

39 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Don't vote for the sake of voting. Certain people are going to get in anyway, and a  vote for anyone but Anthony is two more votes he would need to pull back ahead. I'm voting for one person, two at the most, to give Anthony the best chance of election. 

Ummm…..OK, I'll show my ignorance: is this the "bullet voting" @gunforhire was referring to in the OP?  It's early.. no coffee yet... my synapses are firing ever-so-slowly... and I haven't been a life member all that long. Sooo… it might be helpful if someone could concisely and clearly explain this whole thing to me (and others who might not understand the process either).  There's obviously some recommended methodology here - but I don't know what it all means math-wise.

Limited votes are better... why? Are you saying the positions are tabulated purely on popularity (# of votes)? So if you're picking 27 people on the ballot... and everyone else is picking 27 people on the ballot... it makes it MORE likely that people with good name recognition (like celebrities) who don't necessarily DO a lot will continue to get the app'ts? So voting selectively is better? I think that's what this all means... but don't assume everyone knows the process. There may be people on here doing their first NRA vote.

2 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

Here's a good, relatively concise explanation of bullet voting:

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/01/nra-board-bullet-voting/#axzz5dXAsBja6

You da man, Old Glock Guy! Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking... but that article helped confirm it. Thx!