Sign in to follow this  
voyager9

Pasting quoted content

I’ve been having a problem pasting content for quoting using the web interface on mobile. 

I’ll manually add the quote tag, paste the content, add the /quote tag then try to add my wonderful opinion. 

When I subtitle my portion always gets included in the quoted part and I can’t figure out how to avoid or fix it. 

9 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

When I subtitle my portion always gets included in the quoted part and I can’t figure out how to avoid or fix it. 

Can you just copy and paste the text you want to quote, then highlight it and hit the "quote" button in the toolbar?

56 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Maybe I’m stupid but I don’t see a quote button on the toolbar on mobile 

How about when on your computer, is the toolbar there?

I don't access from mobile, it's too cumbersome, plus all the ads are a pain.

17 minutes ago, Sniper said:

How about when on your computer, is the toolbar there?

I don't access from mobile, it's too cumbersome, plus all the ads are a pain.

The last time I accessed it from a computer it was. That was two forum upgrades ago though.  

Youd think quote would be a button on mobile but it doesn’t appear so.  And when I quote manually it gets all messed up. 

20 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Quoting posts is fine.  I meant for quoting external content. Like snippets from an article. 

Here is what pops up on my computer when I hit quote. Notice above your comment is the tool bar. If I want to quote a section of article or other comment, I copy/paste it here, then highlight it and hit "quote", and it puts it in the Quote box.

Like this comment...

I typed that, highlighted it, then hit the "Quote" button on the toolbar.

quote example.jpg

23 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I typed that, highlighted it, then hit the "Quote" button on the toolbar.

Right. That’s what I remember seeing in the desktop version.  I don’t have the “ button on the toolbar with mobile. 

Some forums can’t have it butted up to the text... and require a line break between the beginning or end. On other forums, you can quote a post and see how it is setup (doesn’t show up like an image).

For example, if the closing tag is right after the period of the last quoted sentence, I’ve seen other forums not quote the statement. But hit return after the quote and before the tag... it works. Same for the opening tag.

At least from what I’ve seen...