Sniper

White House preparing draft national emergency order, has identified $7 billion for wall

This is coming from CNN, so who knows. Did they get a leak from inside. I guess we'll find out shortly. Maybe Trump has had enough with dealing with the little children known as the Democrat party.

Washington (CNN)The White House is preparing a draft proclamation for President Donald Trump to declare a national emergency along the southern border and has identified more than $7 billion in potential funds for his signature border wall should he go that route, according to internal documents reviewed by CNN .

According to options being considered, the administration could pull: $681 million from Treasury forfeiture funds, $3.6 billion in military construction, $3 billion in Pentagon civil works funds, and $200 million in Department of Homeland Security funds, the official said.

As lawmakers discussed a short-term measure to fund the government Thursday, Trump again raised the prospect of other ways to fund a border wall without congressional approval.
"I have other alternatives if I have to and I'll use those alternatives if I have to," he told reporters.

"A lot of people who wants this to happen. The military wants this to happen. This is a virtual invasion of our country," Trump said.
The Defense Department referred a request for comment from CNN to the White House.

• Informative 1

Well, something needs to be done to break this stalemate! And the Dems will NEVER agree to more physical barriers, because they know  they're PERMANENT (unlike drones, more guards, and other temporary measures that could easily be rolled back by a Democratic POTUS.)

So if they're not going to budge, it's not fair to hold Federal employees hostage in this continuing "peeing contest" between the White House and the Dems. I don't think like the idea of declaring a national emergency, but I don't see any better options for him. So, I sort of hope it's true. I've become a believer that more physical barrier MUST be part of our layered approach to border security. There are just too many unvetted people strolling across our border. It's obscene.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, bennj said:

Hope I'm wrong, but this will get so tied up it will never see the light of day.

Right.  The actual law doesn't apply any more.  All you need is one activist judge to rule on his or her feelings instead of considering the law.

2 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Well, something needs to be done to break this stalemate! 

I'm not so bothered by the stalemate.  I suspect that most of us have, at least once in our lives, found ourselves without a job.  I've been there before.   It's an unfortunate part of life.  Find another as quickly as you can, live on your savings in the mean time.  And most importantly, save for this rainy day because it's coming eventually.

And...I think we could permanently cut 15% of the federal work force, never feel the impact, and put those 15% into actual productive jobs in the private sector. We would all be better off.

• Like 1

And once again a judge will knock this down. Seeme to me its the un-elected judges running this country not the will of the people thru their elected officials. I know the 3 branches of govt are there to enable checks and balances but it seems the judicical elite get to do all the checking on the excecutive branch, who does the checking on the judicial branch???

• Like 1

11 hours ago, siderman said:

And once again a judge will knock this down. Seeme to me its the un-elected judges running this country not the will of the people thru their elected officials. I know the 3 branches of govt are there to enable checks and balances but it seems the judicical elite get to do all the checking on the excecutive branch, who does the checking on the judicial branch???

Hey man.. those in congress are there just for the lobbying money and the legal exemption from insider trading. You go there to get rich, not represent the people. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1