SuRrEaLNJ

Recommendations for 9mm JHP. M70A feeding issues. I think I actually need your 1911 guys for this

So I have that Serbian Tokarev type thing that I absolutely love. It eats ball ammo like no tomorrow it shoots great it feels great in my hand. Not really a fan of any of the hollow-points I've tried to feed it yet. That being said I've only tried HST and gold dot Which I believe I had 124 on hand I'm sitting in the parking lot of the range thinking about this so I'll confirm that weight when I get home.

So the answer that I actually need in this case is just keep trying them until you find what the gun likes and that's my plan, however I think one of the problems is the 1911 type feed ramp in this thing, so I was wondering if before I start trying everything under this song If You 1911 guys might say hey this works and something that didn't want to feed anything else for a couple of suggestions out there.

Edited by SuRrEaLNJ
Stupid phone keeps changing "gold-dot" to "gold."

Wish I can offer you better advice but a military pistol just has to find the hollow points it likes.  I really can't give much more advice than what @Zeke said.

I've seen 1911s, Browning HPs, P38s and P1s that were stock issue pistols that fed anything. I've also seen others that will only feed FMJ.  I don't have much experience with Tokarevs but I think they wouldn't be much different.

13 hours ago, Zeke said:

Polish the feed ramp 

i... i almost feel insulted, give me some credit man :p

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

I've used Pow'R Ball in a .45 that was dumb about feeding. Not sure if that profile will help you in 9mm or not. Expensive AF, of course.

https://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/corbon-9mm-ammo-powrball.html

it is pricey. but pricey that works is better then cheap that dosnt

11 hours ago, pasu0115 said:

Try some 147 grain hollow points, maybe the slightly longer length will feed better, or worse! Worth a try.

good point on the length, worth a go

somehow broke the quote from @GRIZ   to get the full serbian tokarev experience just picture a 1911 built by soviet elves that mags basically dont exist for :laugh:

• Thanks 1

^^^ This. Definitely spend some time dissecting the mags. Stretch out the springs if you can’t buy new ones. Smooth out the feed lips with some sandpaper. Can mess with the angle of the feed lips too to see if that improves feeding. 

• Like 1

COL can be critical. Ignore COL in manual. Load an inert dummy round at longest COL that fits magazine and, with barrel in hand, decrease until the dummy round "plunks." Load another inert dummy round, put both in mag, and see if they cycle and chamber.

All my 9x19s feed JHPs and L-SWCs flawlessly--even mil P-08 Lugers a mil P-38 Walthers.