revenger

FLA renewal

about to send in my florida renewal form and was wondering if the required payment can be one check or are two required.

45 dollars for renewal and 42 for fingerprint form,   can I just do a total of 87 on 1 check.

I know this sounds stupid but we are dealing with a government agency      

I renewed in person. Last time I gave one check.  Here in Lee county the women working in the office is in her 60's.  She's so nice.  Welcomed me in and suggested I get a Florida DL  so she could issue my renewal  the same day.  Fingerprints, renewal, Background check forum  all done in the same office in about 15 minutes.  I got my new Florida CWFL in the mail two weeks later.  It made me hate Jersey even more.  Fly down for a day or two. Enjoy the weather and renew. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 7:08 PM, siderman said:

I'll  have a residential one by the time I need to renew again:B:):

If ya move before renewal time its just a simple change of address.

https://licensing.freshfromflorida.com/license/ChangeAddress.aspx?TYPE=790

Florida is such a different world, renewed car reg in just a few min. in person.  Got jokingly called a big spender for renewing for 2 yrs instead of 1.  Said I hope the car lasts that long, she said no problem, if it dies you can just transfer the reg to a new one.  So unlike the Jersey scam of requiring 4 year registration on a 3 year lease.

• Agree 1

I did the online renewal and paid online, then just mailed the finger print card in last April, but of course I had some other issues that came up which didn't get me my license  until this month. The good news is I did not get charged a late fee and they changed my expiration from Aug. to Feb. 2027. 

• Like 2

Due to Wuhan Virus, I am having trouble having fingerprint cards done by a LEO as required for Florida CCW renewal.  The nearest place I found is an hour North at Gun for Hire in Woodpark NJ.  

Anyone know a place closer to Princeton or Somerville, NJ where a LEO can take paper prints?

NJSP Barracks did mine, no charge. I called ahead, told them what I needed, they said no problem, stop in anytime. That was in the "Before-time" however. While I was researching, I saw Monmouth Co Sheriff offered it, but with very limited hours. 

Make sure whoever does it puts the address of the police office. My first card was rejected, I had an off-duty LEO do them at an NRA class. The cop put the address of the Range where the class was being run on the card, Florida rejected it over that. I paid an extra $20 I think for that pleasure. 

On 3/20/2021 at 6:16 PM, Zelig said:

Thank you. I will try the NJSP and report back.  

I called my local NJSP barracks in Somerville.  Although the Officer was very nice, he couldn't help because of COVID.  He said he heard on 101.5 :) this am that in the Summer it may change.  My permit expires in June and you get 6 more months if you pay a late fee.  My only option is Gun for Hire at this point which is an hour away.  

4 hours ago, Paltik said:

Anyone knows the turnaround time post covid?

Website shows 2 weeks for mail ins after received.

https://www.fdacs.gov/Consumer-Resources/Concealed-Weapon-License/Renew-Your-Concealed-Weapon-License

Both the Wife and myself (residents) renewed online ( a couple of months apart ) during this time and turnaround was under 2 weeks.

Trying to renew in person at the local tax collectors office was impossible as the 1st opening was over 5 months out.

If you want to track progress, it seems you have to call when it is a renewal.  If you use the tracking info from the renewal notice you will only see the info from when you first applied.

I double-checked with my local (Somerset County) Sheriff's office who is now doing fingerprint cards again for Florida CCW. Mine was a renewal but I doubt it made a difference.  They needed proof of county residence (NJ FID card was fine) and picture ID (NJ Drivers License).  Also bring a mask. They did mine this week and my wife is scheduled for next week.

So, check with your county Sheriff.  Remember the old James Garner movie Support your local Sheriff :)  Great bunch of folks!!!

On 7/1/2021 at 7:36 PM, Zelig said:

I double-checked with my local (Somerset County) Sheriff's office who is now doing fingerprint cards again for Florida CCW. Mine was a renewal but I doubt it made a difference.  They needed proof of county residence (NJ FID card was fine) and picture ID (NJ Drivers License).  Also bring a mask. They did mine this week and my wife is scheduled for next week.

So, check with your county Sheriff.  Remember the old James Garner movie Support your local Sheriff :)  Great bunch of folks!!!

PS Just got my renewal in the mail back today 8/1.  Just waiting for my wife's which was mailed one week later.