Underdog

New Jersey

2 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Wait?  Mountains?  Isn’t the highest point in N.J. a cell phone tower?

There are no mountains anywhere near NJ.  It’s one more of the things I hate about it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 10X said:

There are no mountains anywhere near NJ.  It’s one more of the things I hate about it. 

I would think High Point @ over 1800 ft above sea level is something taller than a hill if not a mountain but i think you know what I was trying to say or the point I was making 

3 hours ago, Sniper said:

You need to get out more into other states.

I lived in Virginia for a handful of years. People there thought NJ was only filled with refineries and asphalt roadways. :o

NJ is also filled with rude people.

• Agree 2

And to top it off NJ has billions of dollars in pension debt and not only are high earners moving out major corporations are moving too.  At some point things will start getting much worse on the fiscal front as well.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Fred2 said:

Not being able to get a Taylor Ham , Egg and Cheese on a hard roll would be tough to take, but not enough of a reason to keep me here.

Ya can't find that crap anywhere! Look for porkroll, it does exist outside New Jersey. There is a bagel shop up here in NH that sells "Jersey pork roll" I knew I had moved to the right area when I found out about this place. It's called Big Dave's Bagels!

26 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Yup.....in Sussex Co. where the Appalachian Trail comes through and along the Gap......beautiful.

That’s a nice area-I’ve hiked that section of the AT.   Still not mountains, though.  NJ’s High Point is one of the lowest ‘high points’ of any state in the US. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, 10X said:

That’s a nice area-I’ve hiked that section of the AT.   Still not mountains, though.  NJ’s High Point is one of the lowest ‘high points’ of any state in the US. 

Agreed, big hills but not mountians. 

They are mountains. Just very, very old mountains.

Plus NJ has the highest point on the Eastern Seaboard headlands south of Maine:

”The seaward front of the Navesink Highlands constitute the highest headlands along the United States east coast south of Maine, with the highest point of the headlands reaching an elevation of 266 feet (81 meters) at Mount Mitchill.”

On 1/27/2019 at 8:48 PM, Underdog said:

Is it just me, or is everyone else tired of living in the armpit of the United States?

greatest state in the union and I've lived in more states than most army brats...lol

would never call it an armpit but will say the dems are making it a place I am ready to leave but the state itself, fking the best!!!!!

22 hours ago, Fred2 said:

Not being able to get a Taylor Ham , Egg and Cheese on a hard roll would be tough to take, but not enough of a reason to keep me here.

22 hours ago, WP22 said:

Yes, I feel your pain. it's almost reason enough, but nah.

I send my parents pork roll every Christmas.  There's a website that will ship it any where.  

Pork Roll no reason to stay.  And if you call it "Taylor Ham" please leave sooner.  :)

https://jerseyporkroll.com/