Sniper

China, Russia Building Super-EMP Bombs for ‘Blackout Warfare’

Got batteries, canned food, firewood and toilet paper? Could be a long quiet vacation from this forum (and from lights, heat, driving, TV and open stores).

Several nations, including China and Russia, are building powerful nuclear bombs designed to produce super-electromagnetic pulse (EMP) waves capable of devastating all electronics—from computers to electric grids—for hundreds of miles, according to a newly-released congressional study.

A report by the now-defunct Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from EMP Attack, for the first time reveals details on how nuclear EMP weapons are integrated into the military doctrines of China, Russia, North Korea, and Iran.

The report discloses how those states could use EMP attacks in theaters of battle in the Middle East, Far East, Europe, and North America.

"The United States is particularly vulnerable to this new type of warfare, because we have come to rely on information systems and computerized technologies," said Peter Pry, a former CIA officer, commission member, and author of the new report.

"Much of the administrative information in the armed forces goes through the civilian internet," he said. "Ours is the most technologically advanced society, and therefore the most susceptible to attack. What is surprising is that our enemies do not consider an EMP attack to be an act of nuclear war."

EMP-area-coverage.jpg

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/china-russia-building-super-emp-bombs-for-blackout-warfare/

On 1/30/2019 at 11:28 PM, Sniper said:

Got batteries, canned food, firewood and toilet paper? Could be a long quiet vacation from this forum (and from lights, heat, driving, TV and open stores).

Several nations, including China and Russia, are building powerful nuclear bombs designed to produce super-electromagnetic pulse (EMP) waves capable of devastating all electronics—from computers to electric grids—for hundreds of miles, according to a newly-released congressional study.

A report by the now-defunct Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from EMP Attack, for the first time reveals details on how nuclear EMP weapons are integrated into the military doctrines of China, Russia, North Korea, and Iran.

The report discloses how those states could use EMP attacks in theaters of battle in the Middle East, Far East, Europe, and North America.

"The United States is particularly vulnerable to this new type of warfare, because we have come to rely on information systems and computerized technologies," said Peter Pry, a former CIA officer, commission member, and author of the new report.

"Much of the administrative information in the armed forces goes through the civilian internet," he said. "Ours is the most technologically advanced society, and therefore the most susceptible to attack. What is surprising is that our enemies do not consider an EMP attack to be an act of nuclear war."

EMP-area-coverage.jpg

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/china-russia-building-super-emp-bombs-for-blackout-warfare/

Im sorry this is fake news......it is unproven tech and not achievable......  right @W2MC ???  :facepalm:

Let this sink in...90% die off year one....

14 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

those little gennies from harbor frieght will be worth millions if that happens...lol

Diesel gennies not gas

6 minutes ago, remixer said:

This has been an issue for ages, its sad our government refuses to spend a few billion to fix it..

read the book One second after.

Frightning

^^^^^^^this

• Like 1

We are on borrowed time, I bet a solar EMP hits earth before any of this nonsense takes place. 

And those diesel generators.... lol. If you think an EMP could be that powerful a generator will be the first to go with its copper windings, and most likely grounded to your homes electrical system. They are literally powered by creating magnetic fields.

44 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Im sorry this is fake news......it is unproven tech and not achievable......  right @W2MC ???  :facepalm:

Diesel gennies not gas

^^^^^^^this

gas will be fine and those gennies will work.  not to mention, easy to convert to nat gas or propane if needed

20 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

We are on borrowed time, I bet a solar EMP hits earth before any of this nonsense takes place. 

And those diesel generators.... lol. If you think an EMP could be that powerful a generator will be the first to go with its copper windings, and most likely grounded to your homes electrical system. They are literally powered by creating magnetic fields.

happened in the 1800s I believe and messed with the poles

57 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Also, this will not happen.  Take the tinfoil hat off.

11 minutes ago, siderman said:

dont throw out those foil hats, use them to cover your genny.

History is your friend, happy reading. Ever hear of the Carrington Event?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Diesel gennies not gas

Propane generators, not diesel or gas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, remixer said:

read the book One second after.

Frightning

Here's the link to the PDF, this should be read by EVERYONE!!!

https://epdf.tips/one-second-afterb57f885b34b4c266285e7e07d035da1197724.html

I read it on a plane trip a few years ago, very interesting, will hopefully make you think.... and PREP!

47 minutes ago, siderman said:

dont throw out those foil hats, use them to cover your genny.

what are you 5yrs old?

20 minutes ago, remixer said:

FWZFZZAGBVJBTAK.LARGE.jpg

lol...that's what kids are for!!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Ha... that was going to be my next post. Grab a car alternator and a rototiller, and you'll be able to rig up a charging system that will charge batteries and run 12 volt lights.

need instructions on this!  youtube anyone?

Just now, siderman said:

Huh?

your post intimates tinfoil hats where no one is going anywhere near tinfoil conspiracy theory here.  It's antagonistic when no one is debating anything or taking sides. 

If I'm wrong I apologize but don't see it here

3 minutes ago, Sniper said:

awesome

12 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Generators will be useless, since all circuit boards will be cooked. 

Also, this will not happen.  Take the tinfoil hat off.

10 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

your post intimates tinfoil hats where no one is going anywhere near tinfoil conspiracy theory here.  It's antagonistic when no one is debating anything or taking sides. 

If I'm wrong I apologize but don't see it here

awesome

I was responding toRayRays post and was a lighthearted suggestion of putting those tinfoil hats to good use protecting the gennys from a emp.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I'm sorry this is fake news......it is unproven tech and not achievable......  right @W2MC ???  :facepalm:

I said it was unproven as a weapon (it still is) and few countries could achieve it.  Russia could do it; as could China.  Iran?  North Korea?  No.

I am also still looking for your "90% die off".

You need to turn-off your snark.

EDIT 

OK - I finally found your "90%" reference.  Its footnote/source is "Staff Paper, Congressional EMP Commission Examples From Testimony And Reports That Fatalities Could Be High Numbering Millions And 90 Percent Of Population, EMP Task Force On National And Homeland Security"

uh huh.......some un-named, un-vetted, un-available staff paper.  Not much of a reference.  I still question 90%.

15 hours ago, Sniper said:

History is your friend, happy reading. Ever hear of the Carrington Event?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859

Propane generators, not diesel or gas.

You can't hand crank a propane generator, you need a battery powered starter. 

2 hours ago, W2MC said:

I said it was unproven as a weapon (it still is) and few countries could achieve it.  Russia could do it; as could China.  Iran?  North Korea?  No.

EDIT 

OK - I finally found your "90%" reference.  Its footnote/source is "Staff Paper, Congressional EMP Commission Examples From Testimony And Reports That Fatalities Could Be High Numbering Millions And 90 Percent Of Population, EMP Task Force On National And Homeland Security"

uh huh.......some un-named, un-vetted, un-available staff paper.  Not much of a reference.  I still question 90%.

Its Unproven but in theory it would work. I think there are many countries that would be able to produce such a weapon over the next 10 years. The transfer of tech from 1st to 3rd world countries happens quickly these days....

The 90% number is accurate when you account for all the issues that no power would cause.

Those in the hospital who are already critical
Those who require daily medication and refrigeration (insulin)
Food Preservation
Water Purification
Heating and Cooling
Basic Hygiene.

Think of how many would die from the common cold.... Flu season not to mention the other disease that would pop up known and unknown in most major cities. 

I think it would affect the US most then most countries as we are very reliant on power.  Other countries 3rd worlders would have issues as well but not nearly the levels the US would have.

Another issues is restoring power.... A good percentage of the parts required to bring the grid back online are not even made in the US and i would assume those countries who do make those parts will be  using them to restore there own power and those of neighboring countries to avoid invasion from those still in the dark.

There was a show or news story i forget that was explaining the issues with manufacturing the transformers and the time it takes to have them delivered.. A serious EMP or Grid Hack (which can be just as bad) would leave the majority with out power for more then a year.  On top of that the dog eat dog mentality that will take hold would make it impossible for most of the grid to be restored even with the parts and man power on hand.   Our interstates would become pirate playgrounds.

Only chance of survival would be prepare yourself... Have food. Water filters / Water, Firearms, Crank radio (protected prior to the attack) etc etc

Those who rely on the government are fucked...  I would guess those in rural areas are more fucked then most as the government would attempt to restore services to the cities on a priority level due to the number of people.

We would really be on our own with little to no chance for a quick government resolution.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, W2MC said:

EDIT 

Food runs out for most people in 1 week. Can more than 10% of the population find their own food their after? 

Remember, there will be NO FEMA. They will be feeding the chumps in government hunkering down..

BTW it wont be Russia or China. Those countries are very reliant on the US to maintain there own economies.

The response from such an attack by Russia or China would be devastating on those countries. We would without question light them up to the point where they would be inhabitable for 1000 years. I Have no doubts out strategic defense is 100% protected from EMP not to mention our sub fleet.

Its most likely will be a country run by mad men (Religion) who think more afterlife them here on earth.

2 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Food runs out for most people in 1 week. Can more than 10% of the population find their own food their after? 

Remember, there will be NO FEMA. They will be feeding the chumps in government hunkering down..

I think about this on a regular basis... I already have a few neighbors picked out that i plan to eat...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, W2MC said:

This does not worry me.... Its more of a Look where i have bombers...   Subs are the thing to worry about.....

One sub can wipe out multiple cities... and are not so easy to detect and can get close.

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

You can't hand crank a propane generator, you need a battery powered starter. 

Incorrect, you certainly can. They are no different then a gas generator. They have traditional pull cords, just like a lawnmower. Why do you say you can't hand crank them. The only difference is propane is a gas not a liquid in the carb.

• Like 1