Sniper

China, Russia Building Super-EMP Bombs for ‘Blackout Warfare’

4 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

it's worrisome because they are not concerned with our response.  Under Reagan or Bush this would not have happened.  With the infighting, this was a natural move

I agree... I think at this point Russia is playing the Trumps Hands are tied situation.

Dems want us to go to war with russia over the election.

Trump cant have a soft response or they will scream He's putins puppet... its a strange place to be

So there is no response at this point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W2MC said:

I said it was unproven as a weapon (it still is) and few countries could achieve it. 

Not unproven, tests go back to the 60's. It's definitely a proven weapon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_Project_K_nuclear_tests

How much do you think the technology has been improved since the 60's?

1 hour ago, remixer said:

Another issues is restoring power.... A good percentage of the parts required to bring the grid back online are not even made in the US and i would assume those countries who do make those parts will be  using them to restore there own power and those of neighboring countries to avoid invasion from those still in the dark.

There was a show or news story i forget that was explaining the issues with manufacturing the transformers and the time it takes to have them delivered.. A serious EMP or Grid Hack (which can be just as bad) would leave the majority with out power for more then a year.  On top of that the dog eat dog mentality that will take hold would make it impossible for most of the grid to be restored even with the parts and man power on hand. 

A little off topic, but relevant to this discussion is that dog eat dog mentality and how the "sheep" completely collapse when the most simplest things fail.

Wells Fargo has had outage issues the past day, and the "sheep" can't access the bank from their phone app and some debit cards have been denied. Go to this link and read through the comment, and even the Tweets the people have posted, to see the panic and unpreparedness of the majority. Most don't even carry or have cash available for situations like this:

https://downdetector.com/status/wells-fargo

Read those tweets, and you'll know why you need to be personally prepared!

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Incorrect, you certainly can. They are no different then a gas generator. They have traditional pull cords, just like a lawnmower. Why do you say you can't hand crank them. The only difference is propane is a gas not a liquid in the carb.

I have a tri fuel kit on mine and could never get it to start on LP or NG without the starter. Starts on a single pull with gasoline. 

From what I read, it's hard to get the right air mixture, and turn the motor over fast enough.. most guys had to install longer pull cords and repetitively pull the cord with out stopping. 

14 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I have a tri fuel kit on mine and could never get it to start on LP or NG without the starter. Starts on a single pull with gasoline. 

From what I read, it's hard to get the right air mixture, and turn the motor over fast enough.. most guys had to install longer pull cords and repetitively pull the cord with out stopping. 

I have the same issue with mine if its a cold start. I keep a can of starter fluid around. Or I'll start it on gasoline to warm it up. Starts 1st pull once its warm.

12 minutes ago, SmittyMHS said:

I have the same issue with mine if its a cold start. I keep a can of starter fluid around. Or I'll start it on gasoline to warm it up. Starts 1st pull once its warm.

Mine starts first pull with LP or gas. Warm or cold, no difference. I got a champion that was built as a dual fuel instead of a conversion and also was made to start in the cold. I started it the other day when it was -6°F. 

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

Maybe there's an issue with that kit?

20 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Mine starts first pull with LP or gas. Warm or cold, no difference. I got a champion that was built as a dual fuel instead of a conversion and also was made to start in the cold.

I have a propane only, and it starts on the second pull, the first pull is more of a primer pull. Propane needs a different type of prime than gas.

6 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Maybe there's an issue with that kit?

I have a propane only, and it starts on the second pull, the first pull is more of a primer pull. Propane needs a different type of prime than gas.

Yes. I have to slowly pull first to prime. Then 1 pull just normal and it fires right up. It also has a push button start. 

Is that why our disarming government wants to put electronics in all civilian firearms?  

3 hours ago, SmittyMHS said:

Same here. Very cold temps need to prime with starter fluid or the gasoline then the ng kicks in. Warm weather first pull usually gets the ng .moving. The pull itself is noticeably harder in cold temps, kind of regret cheeping  out and not getting model with the starter but it always gets going one way or other.

2 hours ago, voyager9 said:

I’m more worried about lots of small devices versus one big mega-bomb.  Those emp devices exist now and fit in an Intermodal container. 

Those mini’s aren’t the nation stoppers but more a localized event. 

16 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Agree. But similar to the other thread:  enough local events become national very quickly. These things are small/portable enough it could be done “easily” with the power of a Nation State behind you. 

11 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Agree. But similar to the other thread:  enough local events become national very quickly. These things are small/portable enough it could be done “easily” with the power of a Nation State behind you. 

It would be arrogant and unwise for me to assume the big players wouldn’t do this via retaliation. But I don’t see or foresee a coordinated effort. 

7 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

you set up the snorkel incorrectly then.  where you live, I'll help fix it

set up every genny you have to propane and nat gas capable.  best of all worlds. 

On 2/7/2019 at 5:19 PM, Heronimo42 said:

Quebec here we come!

They would build a wall so fast it would shock you.

On 2/8/2019 at 10:36 AM, Sniper said:

Not unproven, tests go back to the 60's. It's definitely a proven weapon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_Project_K_nuclear_tests

How much do you think the technology has been improved since the 60's?

What i meant as a weapon itself.. We know EMP does exist with the detonation of a nuke.

On 2/8/2019 at 3:33 PM, voyager9 said:

I’m more worried about lots of small devices versus one big mega-bomb.  Those emp devices exist now and fit in an Intermodal container. 

Agree

On 2/8/2019 at 5:51 PM, Zeke said:

Not local at all....  I would think since our grids are so intertwined a single major event very might travel though the entire grid crippling the entire country not the mention where it was set off..

NYC, DC, LA etc etc would immediately become a national event. just caring for survivors might tax our entire medical system and cause shortages in medical supplies.. plus depending on the wind its possible to contaminate our farm lands rendering our grain, meat and veg supply useless. This would last a generation. How easy is it to skim off the top XX inches of soil to make the land able to grow plants or feed cattle.

16 hours ago, Handyman said:

We still live in the age of mutually assured destruction. Anyone pops off anything big, it's the end of the world as we know it. Everyone on both sides is dead. No one will take the first step, except for some crazy muzzies popping off a smaller device. 

Agree... Not going to be a major power.... BUT its a rouge ones that bother me... Russia Scientists missing....  Iran or NK selling parts and uranium etc etc.. this is where the problem is or will be in the near future.. 

@remixer the only thing we have to compare is sandy. And that didn’t bring the nation to a halt. As far as “ dirty bombs” their is an advisory to not eat seafood caught in the pacific nw( at least what my aunt conveyed to me , and she lives there) cuz... phook u shima 

20 minutes ago, Zeke said:

@remixer the only thing we have to compare is sandy. And that didn’t bring the nation to a halt. As far as “ dirty bombs” their is an advisory to not eat seafood caught in the pacific nw( at least what my aunt conveyed to me , and she lives there) cuz... phook u shima 

Sandy was a localized event that only lasted a  week for most people. Plus, we had days advanced notice to be prepared.

An EMP, even if localized, would catch people off guard and unprepared, and would last longer than a week to get fixed, even if there were any immediate repairs that could be done. In many places, electronics would be fried, to NEVER restart.

You think a multi-state EMP would have no effect on the nation?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zeke said:

.....  do the math.....

How many hospital beds are in your county?

How many ventilators?

How many people need specialized meds to live?

How many wells are needed to pump water via electricity?

A localized surge can roll throughout the grid....disabling and destroying as it goes

Look up how many MAJOR transformers are in the US....  not many btw....  and they are not made here..

I am astounded how otherwise reasonable people seem to have their heads in the sand with respect to this...  foolish.

A major emp strike either national or regional will disable this country for years ...

Read the report a national emp event WILL YIELD 90% DIE OFF ......  WAKE THE FUCK UP.

;)

Please...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Some may think that that is the ultimate goal.  Yet others worry about the stupid comments by Virginia and NY governors.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, W2MC said:

:facepalm:

....believe what u want.....

ur wrong.....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.hsdl.org/%3Fview%26did%3D462356&ved=2ahUKEwiU5bqG0bLgAhUx1VkKHQrrAjIQFjALegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3QclAIgorlRXw2jSFcUD01

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/brucedorminey/2017/10/23/north-korea-emp-attack-would-cause-mass-u-s-starvation-says-congressional-report/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/north-korea-reveals-nuclear-emp-attack-plans%3f_amp=true

https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2018/11/29/north-korea-prepares-emp-while-us-dawdles/

And finally.....

The EMP Commission warns that North Korea has two satellites orbiting over North America that could be armed for surprise EMP attack. In 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2016, North Korea used a non-nuclear “EMP cannon” to jam South Korean communications, cars, and over 2,000 aircraft.

Please i beg get ur head out of your ass.....this is real as the day is long.

17 hours ago, Zeke said:

Not even a comparison.   That's very local BUT even at that we had electrical crews from 1000 miles away coming to repair the grid in NJ and NYC.   Couple things to consider.

1. A Storm comes and Goes..
2. An attack comes then has a lingering effect.. is it over?... is this only the beginning?... Whats next?
3. The storm does not produce lasting issues that a Nuke / EMP would... Fall out... Contamination fear of contamination, etc etc.
4. People had generators etc etc. that would not be the case in a Nuke / EMP attack...
5. Cars worked during sandy they will not during Nuke / EMP unless its a very old car with no electronics.... Not may of those on the road.
6. The shear chaos an attack would cause if far more then any storm would ever create.

• Like 1

I have to admit, I'm surprised by some of the comments in here. 

Sandy was nothing and on day 9 we had reports of looting in Keynesburg and Atlantic Highlands.  Keynesburg had signs of 'loot I shoot', I saw with my own eyes helping out our local municipality.  We were out of electricity for 12 days and it was localized.  Imagine that devastation to the electrical system for 1000miles and you have problems that are exponentially greater than what we saw.  Bear in mind, we knew help was coming and the psyche of catastrophe is something to NEVER UNDERESTIMATE

buy a pull start generator, convert it to tri fuel and you light yrs ahead of everyone.  Those little harbor freight generators are perfect, buy 2

have a large supply of canned food, rice, candles,  powdered milk, propane and the like on hand at all times.  Never forget, desperate people do desperate things. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

I have to admit, I'm surprised by some of the comments in here. 

Sandy was nothing and on day 9 we had reports of looting in Keynesburg and Atlantic Highlands.  Keynesburg had signs of 'loot I shoot', I saw with my own eyes helping out our local municipality.  We were out of electricity for 12 days and it was localized.  Imagine that devastation to the electrical system for 1000miles and you have problems that are exponentially greater than what we saw.  Bear in mind, we knew help was coming and the psyche of catastrophe is something to NEVER UNDERESTIMATE

buy a pull start generator, convert it to tri fuel and you light yrs ahead of everyone.  Those little harbor freight generators are perfect, buy 2

have a large supply of canned food, rice, candles,  powdered milk, propane and the like on hand at all times.  Never forget, desperate people do desperate things.  

After Sandy we had a large influx of new customers (first time Buyers) from Union Beach.