Sniper

China, Russia Building Super-EMP Bombs for ‘Blackout Warfare’

emp is not blowing all electronic items, this is simply not the case.  We have studies, historical evidence, and limited testing to validate this.  An emp will kill the grid but smaller electronics that don't rely on circuit boards and any discernible wattage regulation, will be fine

I originally posted this in another thread and realize that it is relevant to be repeated here.
AVB-AMG
I have read (listening to the audio book versions) of the following books, both fiction and non-fiction, that chronicle what the effects of an EMP attack would be and how our country would most likely react:

Lights Out: A Cyberattack, a Nation Unprepared, Surviving the Aftermath
by Ted Kopple

- One Second After
by William R. Forstchen

- One Year After: A Novel
by William R. Forstchen

My synopsis:  Very, very sobering and depressing….

The first is a “what if” scenario of the loss of electric power regionally or even nationally, while the last two are fictionalized novels about the aftermath of an electric magnetic pulse (EMP) caused by multiple nuclear warheads being detonated at a high altitude over the continental United States.  All three present a very sobering, logical, feasible and frightening vision of how our fellow Americans would act and react under such circumstances over a period of several days, weeks, months and finally two years later.  It is not an encouraging story line and very alarming due to the realization that such an event not only could happen, but may possibly happen in our life time.

I know I am not alone here in my frustration with how our American society and culture has devolved over the past 30-40 years.  How the choices of our elected leaders have squandered tax payers money and ignored more important and vital issues.  As well as how our elected officials may possibly be aware of many of these important issues of vulnerability and exposure, but choose to ignore them and do nothing constructive. or selfishly just pursue avenues for their own self-interest.  Looking to our government or commercial private industry to take steps to prevent the adverse effects of an EMP attack, is most likely not realistic.  This may sound fatalistic, but I believe that the vast majority of American’s today are clueless about what could happen and may happen and have chosen to be ignorant.  They are just satisfied to spend their free time when not working to be entertained and, like sheep, just pursue short term gratification by partaking in our out-of-control consumer society, wasting their money buying all sorts of unnecessary crap and idolizing silly celebrities and professional athletes.  That is their choice and because so many citizens are doing that I think we are totally screwed as a superpower and will continue our downward slide.

Relating back to the topic of this thread, I continue to want to take what I consider the prudent measures in case of a localized emergency event, to hunker down at home (in place), if possible, as opposed to bugging out, with supplies and equipment to last for between 2 weeks, possibly up to 4 weeks.  For most anticipated human caused or Mother Nature caused local or regional disasters, this should suffice.  But if we are subjected to an EMP attack, I do not think the outcome will be good, let alone sustainable by most Americans.  Basically, I am not confident at all that we will survive in any semblance of our current culture and society.  I say this due to these concerns:

- Living in suburban NJ, availability of food will become a paramount issue sooner than in other areas.

- This will be followed by the issue of the availability or lack thereof of safe drinking water and electricity and other fuels.

- The density of NJ, and the close proximity to Newark and New York City, will mean that those people who run out of either food and/or water will panic and become desperate and will seek both and do horrible terrorizing things to others to obtain them.

- Even with firearms and ammunition, the number of these desperate people will overwhelm most family’s ability to defend what little they have left for any length of time.

- Most suburbs are not realistically defendable from the onslaught of desperate refuges from the more urban cities and ring towns and will be overrun by these people.  Desperate former urbanites will become the real zombies attacking others, first in the suburbs and then in the more rural areas.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Our entire society hangs by but a thread...  

Example.....  look to Franklin, Hamburg, Sussex, Warwick, Vernon.

Guesstimate there are 50k people in those areas.....  there are six major supermarkets in those areas...Franklin Shoprite, Sussex Acme, Vernon Acme, Sussex Shoprite Warwick Shoprite Warwick price choppers...that are restocked daily.....

What happens when the thread of resupply is severed or hiccuped to such a degree to cause a panic?

What happens when one is cleaned out and you can't drive to the other?

What happens in an an event, most in the areas commute to work, can't get home?

What happens if fuel stops flowing?

What happens when there are no more beds in the three hospitals in the area?

What happens when the paltry count of ventilators in these areas are used up?

Anyone who think that we can't be brought to our knees quickly, is a fool.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AVB-AMG said:

- Most suburbs are not realistically defendable from the onslaught of desperate refuges from the more urban cities and ring towns and will be overrun by these people.  Desperate former urbanites will become the real zombies attacking others, first in the suburbs and then in the more rural areas.

I'm hoping we have a plan to blow the bridges and tunnels.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Handyman said:

I'm hoping we have a plan to blow the bridges and tunnels.

Go rent the movie "Escape from New York", it will help you pre-plan

s-l300.jpg

14 hours ago, AVB-AMG said:

The first is a “what if” scenario of the loss of electric power regionally or even nationally, while the last two are fictionalized novels about the aftermath of an electric magnetic pulse (EMP) caused by multiple nuclear warheads being detonated at a high altitude over the continental United States. 

I don't think worrying about a EMP knocking out the power is top on the list. If some other nation decides to lob a EMP over the country, the retaliation we would do, and the nuclear war that follows, will be the least of our problem.

Two areas more probable would be a Coronal Mass Ejection from the Sun knocking out power distribution. These go on all the time, we've just been lucky not to take a direct hit in quite a while.

Or, another possibility is some rogue terrorists or home grown Antifa types decide to destroy a section of power transmission. This would be really easy to do by a few guys, and would disrupt the general public for who knows how long.