Regular Guy

Serbu makes a Break-Action .50 BMG rifle with MSRP $1200

So I was browsing around the interweb and came across a gun review from summer of 2017 and I found out that Serbu makes a single shot break-action .50 BMG rifle with the intent of being as price friendly as possible to common law abiding citizens like us.  Price = $1,199.00   (Click here for article)

The link above will take you to the article where you can get more details.  While it's not as elegant as something like the Barrett models or something made by Accuracy International, it is the most affordable way to get into the .50 cal rifle arena.  The author stated he was able to get a 1-MOA 3-shot group at 100 yards and this is not Serbu's first .50 cal rifle so I would have to believe the gun is capable stopping light armored vehicles and aircraft.  Now to find somewhere to shoot it.....

On a sad note, Serbu's website http://www.serbu.com was taken down 2 days ago by their web host because the web host is anti-2A.  There message says they are in the process of getting with a 2A friendly host to get their site back online. 

End of message.    

Actually, it was not their webhost... most web hosts don't give a crap about the type of site you host.  It was actually their website provider, Shopify, which they used to run their webstore.  Shopify is shutting down gun companies.

In either case... the gun itself... very function 50... but from the folks that I know who shot it.... it HURTS!

Beyond that, the big issue, unless you have private land, there are very few places you can actually shoot a 50 in NJ.

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

Actually, it was not their webhost... most web hosts don't give a crap about the type of site you host.  It was actually their website provider, Shopify, which they used to run their webstore.  Shopify is shutting down gun companies.

In either case... the gun itself... very function 50... but from the folks that I know who shot it.... it HURTS!

Beyond that, the big issue, unless you have private land, there are very few places you can actually shoot a 50 in NJ.

The author of the article mentioned it was uncomfortable to shoot.  Next step up in price seems to be the Armalite AR50A1, which is a bolt action.  No moving parts to absorb any recoil on that either, so I don't know how much more fun that would be over the RN-50.  

I'm a member of a range 2 mile from my house (lucky me :8):) but it only goes out to 200 meters.  I don't think they would let me shoot it there and even if they did, it would really not be worth it at that distance.  I'll keep shooting my M1A with a lot less noise for a lot less coin per round for 200 meters.  There is another range that's 25 minutes away that goes out to 600 yards, but I don't want to pay for another annual range membership which is 2.5 times more than the range 2mi away, just to be able to shoot the 1 gun there.  I work in Delaware with a guy who I believe his family has a range in MD that goes out to 600 and is being extended out to 1,000.  I think the drive is right at 1 hour from me so I need to see how they operate and what kind of deal I could make there, otherwise it would not be practical to own a .50BMG.  It does make me happy knowing it is much more affordable.