Dommerc

Daniel Defense

5 minutes ago, Dommerc said:

Anyone here running a Daniel Defense rifle that’s state complaint? On their site it says they can’t ship here to NJ and wanted to know if there’s any way I can use one of their rifles here. 

No issues with Daniel Defense... they just may not want to ship to NJ which many companies do not.

DD marks their AR's DD15 IIRC?

So, again NJ... 10 round mags, no flash hiders (big one typically), no bayo lug, no threaded barrels,  and no adjustable/folding stocks.

You can have your FFL here order the rifle and do compliance work... or just buy one here already.

BCM, Stag and a few others do sell NJ compliant models already. 

5 minutes ago, shooter28 said:

One of my buddies bought a DD rifle from a local FFL here in NJ. I’ll find out which one it was. 

Please do, I’m interested in getting a DDM4 V11

8 minutes ago, Maksim said:

No issues with Daniel Defense... they just may not want to ship to NJ which many companies do not.

So, again NJ... 10 round mags, no flash hiders (big one typically), no bayo lug, no threaded barrels,  and no adjustable/folding stocks.

You can have your FFL here order the rifle and do compliance work... or just buy one here already.

Man you’re a lifesaver, if I have any other questions I’ll let you know 

• Agree 1

On 1/31/2019 at 6:28 PM, Maksim said:

You can also have this installed and either you can have an adjustable stock or I believe it redefines the gun from being an assault weapon and you can keep all the evil features***.

***NJ AWB says “Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and at least two of the following”

the Juggernaut pin it turns your AR in to a fixed mag, but to change magazines you have to push the button on the pin and it breaks open the action a 1/4” and you can swap magazines. Based on how the law is written in NJ an assault weapon accepts detachable magazines. By installing the juggernaut pin makes it fixed magazine so I do believe you redefined your gun and can keep your evil features. That’s how it works in California and is completely kosher, so I believe it should be here as well. Of all the solutions to our problems, I think this is best.

DD's quality has gone down too....nothing too crazy but there's been many reports of castle nut's not staked properly, gas keys not staked....not huge deals but when you're spending $1800 on a rifle you'd expect it.

41 minutes ago, Lord_Fudd said:

DD's quality has gone down too....nothing too crazy but there's been many reports of castle nut's not staked properly, gas keys not staked....not huge deals but when you're spending $1800 on a rifle you'd expect it.

that is true, some interesting threads over the past year or so on DD.

42 minutes ago, cabalrayz said:

@remixer please contact me i wish to order a daniel defense rifle asap.

why would you quote my post for this?

8 hours ago, cabalrayz said:

@remixer please contact me i wish to order a daniel defense rifle asap.

only one?

8 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

that is true, some interesting threads over the past year or so on DD.

why would you quote my post for this?

Because he trolled you LOL

for the same money you're buying a Daniel Defense, get a LWRC Direct Impingement Model...which will be cheaper. They range from $1k-1400 and is a whole lot of rifle.

16 minutes ago, Lord_Fudd said:

for the same money you're buying a Daniel Defense, get a LWRC Direct Impingement Model...which will be cheaper. They range from $1k-1400 and is a whole lot of rifle.

100% agree with you.... Customer picked up his Lwrc Di this weekend and was absolutely thrilled.

IMG_5340.JPG

IMG_5342.JPG

IMG_5341.JPG

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if LWRC starts selling that gun for a lot more in the future. Unless they don’t mind selling for $1400 because it’s so popular, it has the quality (or better) of many DI Rifles  on the market that sell for $2000

Just now, Lord_Fudd said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if LWRC starts selling that gun for a lot more in the future. Unless they don’t mind selling for $1400 because it’s so popular, it has the quality (or better) of many DI Rifles  on the market that sell for $2000

We have sold the LWRC's DI from 1275.00 - 1500.00 depending on dealer incentives and sales..   Well worth it. beautiful rifles.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lord_Fudd said:

It's popular and they are obviously making good money on them.

In reality, in a world where a decent AR is selling for $500... spending 3x as much is tough to justify.

When there is a Democrat in the white house, will be a different story.

1 minute ago, myhatinthering said:

having owned 3 lwrcis I can tell you that they are fantastic rifles.  I hate the spiral flutes however, but other than that, they are outstanding and well made with some really nice features

The new Colt however is the best sub 1500 rifle you will buy hands down.

Spot on.  Love the guns, but the spiral flutes is just too much "boy racer" ... a problem with a lot of new guns lately. 

2 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Spot on.  Love the guns, but the spiral flutes is just too much "boy racer" ... a problem with a lot of new guns lately. 

Those spiral flutes are amazing. It’s one of the things that draws people to the rifle. It’s a master of machining .

in regards to a 1500 rifle being hard to justify . Same can be said about everything. You can buy a descent 1911 for 300 bucks ...  why spend 1200 on one. 

10 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

l figured but what is he a fking 5yr old????

We all channel our inner 5yo.  Have you read some of the posts lol

7 minutes ago, Maksim said:

hate it...absolutely hate it

the ccu is my next buy

I've pretty much paired down my stable to colt, FN (one I havent' picked up yet) and home builds.  I've gotten rid of a lot over the past 2years.  I regret selling a Bushmaster that was the most accurate AR I've ever had, more so than my noveske

I will probably pick up a LaRue but in 6.5

3 minutes ago, remixer said:

Those spiral flutes are amazing. It’s one of the things that draws people to the rifle. It’s a master of machining .

in regards to a 1500 rifle being hard to justify . Same can be said about everything. You can buy a descent 1911 for 300 bucks ...  why spend 1200 on one. 

We all channel our inner 5yo.  Have you read some of the posts lol

I am not saying the rifle is not worth 1,500... but to a typical gun owner walking into any shot... they are not going to be able to tell the difference between the two guns when shooting.

Just at the range the other day, someone was shooting hand loads, in a 6.8 spc chambered AR 15... talking about using one brand of bullets versus another..... AT 100 YARDS!. lol.

What percentage of AR owners are actually going to shoot more than 500 rounds through their guns?  And as it relates to NJ... NOT inside an indoor range?

I visited an indoor range here in PA and had a winner tell me that it is great fun to shoot ARs at 25 yards and that when you take them out to 100 or more, they are going to be instantly sighted in. :Facepalm:

I would certainly agree that most members here are far more knowledgeable than typical gun owners, but still on average, they are not SWAT, Military, Operators, or 3 gun shooters who can actually recognize the difference and actually say they need something that that LWRC gun provides than a basic AR does not.

I suppose that that is like anything else.... one of my favorite series on Youtube is one where professional photographers and videographers are given disposable or otherwise cheap cameras.... and they compare them to $4,000+ setups in the hands of amateurs or "prosumers."

8 minutes ago, Maksim said:

I am not saying the rifle is not worth 1,500... but to a typical gun owner walking into any shot... they are not going to be able to tell the difference between the two guns when shooting.

Just at the range the other day, someone was shooting hand loads, in a 6.8 spc chambered AR 15... talking about using one brand of bullets versus another..... AT 100 YARDS!. lol.

What percentage of AR owners are actually going to shoot more than 500 rounds through their guns?  And as it relates to NJ... NOT inside an indoor range?

I visited an indoor range here in PA and had a winner tell me that it is great fun to shoot ARs at 25 yards and that when you take them out to 100 or more, they are going to be instantly sighted in. :Facepalm:

I would certainly agree that most members here are far more knowledgeable than typical gun owners, but still on average, they are not SWAT, Military, Operators, or 3 gun shooters who can actually recognize the difference and actually say they need something that that LWRC gun provides than a basic AR does not.

I suppose that that is like anything else.... one of my favorite series on Youtube is one where professional photographers and videographers are given disposable or otherwise cheap cameras.... and they compare them to $4,000+ setups in the hands of amateurs or "prosumers."

you would be stunned to learn what these supposed experts know and don't know...STUNNED.   3 gun and true operators are a different breed and certainly know the tangible differences.  In fact, 3 gunners were using the lpvs before operators and when 1-4x was the rage, the 3 gun guys were using 1-6 and 1-8 that we are now seeing show up with some units and for the same reasons.

swat....don't' make me laugh....I'd take any gun owner on this board over your swat guys

as for price, the lwrc gives you monolithic, one piece bolt carrier (should be standard on all ARs at this time), they were first to nitride the barrel after cut inspection, more carbon moly in the barrel for greater strength etc....lwrc is outstanding, better than DD

Just now, myhatinthering said:

you would be stunned to learn what these supposed experts know and don't know...STUNNED.   3 gun and true operators are a different breed and certainly know the tangible differences.  In fact, 3 gunners were using the lpvs before operators and when 1-4x was the rage, the 3 gun guys were using 1-6 and 1-8 that we are now seeing show up with some units and for the same reasons.

swat....don't' make me laugh....I'd take any gun on this board over your swat guys

as for price, the lwrc gives you monolithic, one piece bolt carrier (should be standard on all ARs at this time), they were first to nitride the barrel after cut inspection, more carbon moly in the barrel for greater strength etc....lwrc is outstanding, better than DD

I know that... just did not want to insult the LEO community here. =P

It is funny seeing all of the innovation in the "operator" marketplace... were gun toys used in the competitive shooting worlds years ago. 

1 minute ago, Maksim said:

I know that... just did not want to insult the LEO community here. =P

It is funny seeing all of the innovation in the "operator" marketplace... were gun toys used in the competitive shooting worlds years ago. 

I wouldn't worry about insulting them, most know it to be true and until they start cleaning their houses of the guys who don't belong, hold nothing back.

that said, it is amazing and just goes to show how the private space is so far ahead of the gov't.  was just out a few weekends ago with some buddies (former elite operators) and a recon sniper who just got home from that $hithole we call the middle east and 3 gun has changed tactics and gear....no doubt

I don't buy that but you can find a study on anything.  Kids used to play war, cops and robbers, cowboys and indians but they also had fathers teaching them proper gun safety and took them shooting and showing them the dangers.  No different than power tools in the garage.

but it's interesting debate

• Like 1

I like the spiral fluting, in a world where every AR looks the same, it stands out. I have 6k rounds through my M6IC-SPR and it runs flawlessly. Both of my Noveske’s run just as well, I’m picking up an SR-15 this week which I also anticipate to run as well, but all 3 of those rifles look the same. The SR-15 is most notable though bc of it’s significance, but I put my LWRC 2nd in line because of the unique design

• Agree 1