Dommerc

Daniel Defense

8 hours ago, Maksim said:

I am not saying the rifle is not worth 1,500... but to a typical gun owner walking into any shot... they are not going to be able to tell the difference between the two guns when shooting.

Just at the range the other day, someone was shooting hand loads, in a 6.8 spc chambered AR 15... talking about using one brand of bullets versus another..... AT 100 YARDS!. lol.

What percentage of AR owners are actually going to shoot more than 500 rounds through their guns?  And as it relates to NJ... NOT inside an indoor range?

I visited an indoor range here in PA and had a winner tell me that it is great fun to shoot ARs at 25 yards and that when you take them out to 100 or more, they are going to be instantly sighted in. :Facepalm:

I would certainly agree that most members here are far more knowledgeable than typical gun owners, but still on average, they are not SWAT, Military, Operators, or 3 gun shooters who can actually recognize the difference and actually say they need something that that LWRC gun provides than a basic AR does not.

I suppose that that is like anything else.... one of my favorite series on Youtube is one where professional photographers and videographers are given disposable or otherwise cheap cameras.... and they compare them to $4,000+ setups in the hands of amateurs or "prosumers."

That really depends on what you’re comparing to a $1500+ rifle.

Like I told you at SHOT I used to work at a gun shop, people looking to buy an LWRC aren’t also considering a $700 bushmaster. They’re buying an LWRC because they want an LWRC. Same goes for DD, KAC, Noveske, HK...people aren’t looking for just another AR15

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Lord_Fudd said:

Like I told you at SHOT I used to work at a gun shop, people looking to buy an LWRC aren’t also considering a $700 bushmaster. They’re buying an LWRC because they want an LWRC. Same goes for DD, KAC, Noveske, HK...people aren’t looking for just another AR15

Well @PK90 there’s your sign

23 minutes ago, Lord_Fudd said:

Correct, While the lower end ar's are still pretty stale in sales the higher end ones still move.

Someone expecting to spend 1500 will not be sold on a 500 gun regardless how much praise you might put on it.

That really comes down to area and income. We are lucky in Monmouth County to have plenty of gun owners with high incomes that want Mid to Higher guns.

12 minutes ago, remixer said:

Correct, While the lower end ar's are still pretty stale in sales the higher end ones still move.

Someone expecting to spend 1500 will not be sold on a 500 gun regardless how much praise you might put on it.

That really comes down to area and income. We are lucky in Monmouth County to have plenty of gun owners with high incomes that want Mid to Higher guns.

When I worked at RTSP we were one of the biggest LWRC dealers in the country. They wouldn’t stay in stock ever. That being said I sold a lot of Colt’s, a lot of M&P 15’s...but those same people weren’t looking at buying an LWRC. 

It’s much like trying to sell someone on a glock 19 when they want a 226 legion....not gonna happen