4 minutes ago, Zeke said:

@Shawnmoore81 was a few years ago before any “ red flag law”. And that was from a face page post.

the one in Hamilton the firearms were relocated to the brothers house?

Hamilton went to that Gun sitters place in Wihppany.  And it was last year.

50 minutes ago, BobA said:

Remember the two incidents that happened when this was all new?  The one in Hamilton when the son said something in school?  They didn’t get his guns because even though his wife let the in he wouldn’t open the safe. And then it happened to a member on here and he lawyered up quick via speaker phone. Still got his guns too.  Granted Napen charged him his eye teeth. 

There also was the one in Holmdel in December, and they did take his guns.

3 hours ago, Zeke said:

Are you sure @Smokin .50

We have a thread here somewhere about that. Father was a vet I recall

@Zeke @BobA The Len Cottrell story from June 2018 is in the video I shared from my presentation to the New Jersey Constitutional Republicans on Thursday January 17th.  I posted it on the Events & Meet-Ups Forum where I post all of the CNJFO info in one place.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wreckless said:

Oh, they can be very creative on that. It is all in how you write the report. The subject was evasive, combative, nervous, sweating, disheveled, had a band-aid, etc. You get the idea. It isn't hard to come up with PC if you know what you're doing.

Well...yes and no.  Many of those factors you mention might be reasonable suspicion but any one of them or all of them may or may not amount to probable cause. 

You can't "manufacture" probable cause.  There is or there isnt.  Hard to come up with PC?  One factor many don't think of about establishing PC is the LEO''s experience.  That may be the most important. What might be PC to someone on the job 10 years is not PC to someone with 2 years on the job.

Look at it this way. The niceities aside the officers are going to enter and conduct a visual search if they want to or feel it is necessary. You can't stop it. They will use their training and experience to establish Probable Cause in their mind. What plays out later will be a long, expensive, and drawn out legal affair. You don't win either way. I only lost one probable cause hearing in my entire career. It cost the defendant thousands of dollars, he lost his 13 grams of cocaine, his car got impounded, and I made overtime. He was mocking me in the elevator down after the hearing. When I pointed all this out to him his demeanor changed. He realized that the system still won.

The lesson learned is to keep your sensitive property very secure and out of sight. Don't make it any easier for them if the fickle finger of fate tries to poke you in the eye.

• Agree 1