AlDente67

Walking Dead...things that annoy me

I speak of the TV show...not politicians...

1.  How many dead are shambling around in the Georgia woods after a year?  Do they ever die?  How did they get tens of miles into the woods?

2:  Why don't the team members find a van and head to Key West?  Can't be that many walkers on an island, right?  Surely in Atlanta you can find a vehicle, no?

3. You never see them restocking ammo.  Where do they get it?  One scene has someone mentioning only 3 rounds left...and then the next scene has them blowing away 30 walkers.

Just annoyed....sorry.

• Like 1

My fingers would fall off typing of all of things I see that they do wrong or is just plain stupid.  But then then you need to remember that its just a tv show.

My biggest pet peeve .. outside of some of the bad firearm antics and stereotypes they portray ... is that time and time again they have lost some of their people accidently to some walker that they didnt know was stuck somewhere or temporarily trapped behind a door or caught in a fence and then "gets loose" at the most unfortunate time.  Yet all the time as they are patrolling or 'shopping" or hiking, they come across walkers just like that.  An upper torso  crawling around, or a walker stuck under a fallen tree, stuck in a fence etc... and then they just look at it .. and leave it and keep walking.   Like wtf ... kill the thing for the love of baby jesus.  Take your walking stick and poke a hole in its head.  

27 minutes ago, AlDente67 said:

I speak of the TV show...not politicians...

1.  How many dead are shambling around in the Georgia woods after a year?  Do they ever die?  How did they get tens of miles into the woods?

2:  Why don't the team members find a van and head to Key West?  Can't be that many walkers on an island, right?  Surely in Atlanta you can find a vehicle, no?

3. You never see them restocking ammo.  Where do they get it?  One scene has someone mentioning only 3 rounds left...and then the next scene has them blowing away 30 walkers.

Just annoyed....sorry.

1. The location moved a few years ago to Virginia outside DC. Without destroying the low function part of the brain the dead exist till they decay to nothing which seems to take far longer than normal.

2. With the recent several year time jump gas is non existent. Could have been done earlier but if you read World War Z the dead can exist under water. NO one swims as it's too dangerous. Could be the same in the TWD universe.

3. With the time jump they have resorted to using much more edged and piercing weapons. There is also reloading. There are also literally billions of rounds of ammo in the US so you could scavenge for it for years.

This is why I far preferred Falling Skies.

As far as ammo... would be cool to see them reloading like they did on Falling Skies.

As far as guns... they need suppressed 300 blackouts.  Can't be tough to find suppressors. lol. 

1 minute ago, Maksim said:

Falling Skies?  Nope, it finished after I believe 4 or 5 seasons.  Was quite good. 

I actually just recalled watching up to season 4, damn I need to finish the last season. I did enjoy the show. 

TWD was too stupid for me. I have no idea how these people survived even the first month.. I couldnt keep watching once Negan entered the scene, the bad guys were the only believable survivalists.

Before Rick and the Gang beat negan Negan was using a factory to reload ammo so atleast they did it in one season. they had the Smart mullet guy as boss of the reloading factory. thus in the end mullet overloaded the ammo and boom! helped rick gang win. *spoiler alert* LOL

Being a gun owner does make it more difficult to watch television when they do inaccurate things with firearms.  It  was difficult listening to brass being ejecting from a revolver when Andrea was mercy killed at the end of season 3.

If it were my show, I probably would have done a few things differently.  Overall, I like the show better than the remakes of Star Trek and Doctor who, two shows that have been my favorites for decades.  It is a little hard for me to believe that seasons 1  to 8 took place over a 2 year time period, but I can overlook some inconsistencies, although it does sometimes appear to be quite easy to crush a skull.

2 hours ago, father-of-three said:

Being a gun owner does make it more difficult to watch television when they do inaccurate things with firearms.  It  was difficult listening to brass being ejecting from a revolver when Andrea was mercy killed at the end of season 3.

If it were my show, I probably would have done a few things differently.  Overall, I like the show better than the remakes of Star Trek and Doctor who, two shows that have been my favorites for decades.  It is a little hard for me to believe that seasons 1  to 8 took place over a 2 year time period, but I can overlook some inconsistencies, although it does sometimes appear to be quite easy to crush a skull.

spot on.....

• Like 1

They had the perfect set up when they had the prison. Of course they never bothered to clear every building or fix the one hole in the wal that no one ever noticed so they had to abandon it! I always said find a prison or a small island in a swift moving river. And as someone already mentioned i always laughed at how perfectly manicured the lawns are in these abandoned towns. The zombies do a better job with their lawns than i do!

• Like 1

So did they ever figure out how the zombies came up/what happened and whether they would actually try to solve the zombie problem?

Or is it still a big ass soap opera centered in a Zombie world?

Just now, JMich3 said:

They had the perfect set up when they had the prison. Of course they never bothered to clear every building or fix the one hole in the wal that no one ever noticed so they had to abandon it! I always said find a prison or a small island in a swift moving river. And as someone already mentioned i always laughed at how perfectly manicured the lawns are in these abandoned towns. The zombies do a better job with their lawns than i do!

Duh... it is all the zombie Sheep that are on the loose that eat the grass!

• Agree 1

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:30 AM, JMich3 said:

Actually, they had to run from the prison after the Governor had his army tank plow through all of the fencing, allowing 400 zombies to wander on inside.

Normally, I just go with it, shrug my shoulders and say, "Yeah, whatever."  But one thing that really bugged me was when in a world with limited ammo supplies, they dumped hundreds of rounds on full auto into the windows of the Sanctuary.  Also, I believe it might have been that same episode when they had a clear shot at Negan from close range, and didn't take it.  

In the big picture, if you're willing to accept the premise that the dead come back to life and eat the living, it's hard to say that anything else is unrealistic.  

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

Tell you what pisses me off, they went with a Colt python witch is correct for Georgia State Troopers but he's not a state trooper and what they should have gone with was a nice Smith & Wesson Model 66 or 686 LOL

GSP used Colt Pythons?!