Zeke

Super Bowl?

3 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

I think the commercials are designed by people with PHDs in psychology,  have little or nothing to do with the product, and are designed to manipulate the viewer into creating an emotional association with the product.

So you agree, they have sucked

15 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

I think the commercials are designed by people with PHDs in psychology,  have little or nothing to do with the product, and are designed to manipulate the viewer into creating an emotional association with the product.

They made me laugh so I want to buy Depends

I watch college ball.  Not interested in their politics and unpatriotic behavior.  I won't watch professional basketball, either.  

12 minutes ago, carl_g said:

The Verizon first responders ones were pretty good.

Good message, very emotional, pulls at the heart strings and has not one fucking iota to do with Verizon's services.  I'm happy that first responders are getting some recognition, they truly deserve it, but verizon is exploiting first responders and viewers.

Oh, <sniffle> that Verizon commercial made me feel things so I'm going to run out tomorrow and ditch my cellular plan and sign up with Verizon because they are really nice and love first responders and they made me feel something.  That's utter bull shit.  Verizon made that commercial to make money.  They don't give a shit about first responders in the marketing department.

12 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

They don't give a shit about first responders in the marketing department.

Maybe the Marketing dept doesn’t but apparently the company does.

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/our-big-game-commercial-and-legacy-first-responders

To show our continued support of first responders, Verizon has partnered with First Responders Outreach which provides grants for emergency relief, training, and essential equipment to help first responders perform to the best of their abilities.

Help support first responders by visiting allourthanks.com. Until February 8, Verizon will donate $1 to First Responders Outreach for every social share of these NFL players’ stories including #AllOurThanks, up to $1.5M.

1 minute ago, carl_g said:

To show our continued support of first responders, Verizon has partnered with First Responders Outreach which provides grants for emergency relief, training, and essential equipment to help first responders perform to the best of their abilities.

A tax deductible campaign to improve corporate image.  The Mafia used to give huge sums to the catholic church.  It's like Gus Fring donating to the police and giving them free chicken.

Like I said, first responders deserve mad respect, but Verizon is exploiting them for the sake of corporate image.

I don’t care about anything other than what I wagered.  I bet the under and the patriots parlay online and am very happy.  The proceeds will fund my undersized gun collection.