3 hours ago, Handyman said:

I think it's illegal to watch this video in NJ. Too many boolets in the clipazine. 

Clippazines?

My "1911" magazines somehow grew to anywhere from 10+9 to 10+11 as soon as they got across the river to America.

IMG_4016[1].JPG

On 2/5/2019 at 5:10 PM, sota said:

um... can I possibly invite myself to join you? :D  I've been a member of EFGA for 2 years and still haven't yet managed to get out there. :D 

Sure. We will be getting up there around 11-12 usually stay 3-4 hours. At what they charge you still got a deal!!

On 2/5/2019 at 1:52 PM, Maksim said:

Just to confirm, are you using factory ammo?

Is it round nose FMJ or cop and baby killing hallow points? lol.

Can meet you at the range.

What I can think of... was if for some reason the round was getting caught up, particularly if you say it is the same round all of the time.

I.e. 4th round on a 10 round mag with 10 loaded?  Or 4th round on an 8 round loaded mag? =)  But once again, typically these are issues if you are using reloaded ammo that was loaded too long for your mags. 

Factory fmj. Fiocci, Remington and American eagle. 

2 hours ago, BobA said:

Maybe.....you’re getting older and so is your wrist?  A limp wrist could absorb what the gun needs to cycle. 

I challenge you, sir, to a duel!  Though not with my 92FS. 

Seriously though, never had a limp wrist problem.  No issues with other pistols.  And a 4th round malfunction would be some pretty consistent, mechanical limp wristing.  Ill make a point to check it out this weekend though.  Never dismiss a potential diagnosis.

the only consistent mechanical malfunction I've ever been able to induce in a firearm, is failure to hold open on last round on my H&K P30 when brand new.  I happen to have the precise thumb shape and positioning to cause it to happen.  The solution: install P30S slide stops.  Problem solved.

I'm still going to call springs, specifically mag, with a slight possibility of either mag body or follower damage.

• Agree 1

Went to the range today. Didn’t see anyone,  not sure if we missed crossing paths or we were the only ones willing to freeze.  I just finished thawing out. 

The issue was a weak guide rod/recoil spring. At least I assume it was. Not one malfunction. The new mecgar mag was nice as well (I did use the old mags with no failures).  When I swapped the springs, the new one was longer and stiffer (that’s what she said).  I’m not sure if it was due to the new spring or just the cold, but it felt like it kicked twice as hard as usual. 

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys.  Now i’ll have to try and figure out why I’m more accurate with my xds than my 92fs. 

• Informative 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.