SJG

Self Defense with AK-47

In New Jersey, the liberals that believe nobody is really responsible and believe everyone should just hold hands and sing would probably ironically be seeking the death penalty for that man defending himself.   And in some states he couldn't legally have defended himself, 20 and all.  I wonder if the ,miscreants were mumbling, "Houston, we have a problem?"

• Like 1

LOL.... 

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/02/houston-gunfight-as-deadly-as-ok-corral-home-owner-uses-ak47-in-self-defense/#ixzz5eefDMydr 
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution 
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

The defender pursued the invaders into the front yard. The pile of brass in the front yard has been described as being from several different guns.

The defender continued the gunfight with three occupants of the car that delivered the two home invaders. The group fled the scene in the car.

The car crashed a couple of blocks away.  One suspect was found in the car, dead. One wounded suspect was found at Capitol and 71st Street, he was the suspect that died at the hospital. The third suspect from the car was wounded, fled the scene, and was being treated in the hospital.

Something tells me this was not a simple case of home invasion.

And then the guy runs into the street and starts shooting outside in a city?  Wonder if he considered that he would miss and shoot at neighbors across the street.  But I am sure he was using frangible ammo? lol.

$10 says this was gang/drug related.

Gun crowd just wants a story and why it gets reported first... verified later. 

7 hours ago, Underdog said:

In New Jersey, the liberals that believe nobody is really responsible and believe everyone should just hold hands and sing would probably ironically be seeking the death penalty for that man defending himself.   And in some states he couldn't legally have defended himself, 20 and all.  I wonder if the ,miscreants were mumbling, "Houston, we have a problem?"

Um... where would he not been able to defend himself if he was being attacked in his home?

I actually have an issue that the gun runs out into the street and starts shooting at a fleeing vehicle... at that point it is no longer "Self defense" and he is just a guy shooting out into the street without any care in the world if he hits neighbors or not. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JMich3 said:

How many magazines/ rounds did he have? In a running gun fight he got at least 5 hits. I’d say that’s pretty good shootin

Should be 5 rounds, 5 hits... =)

If you cannot hit a man sized  target at 10 yards or less, you should not be able to shoot a gun, it is irresponsible. 

Remember that whole NYC shooting?  Guy went into office and killed former co-workers.... NYPD responded and started shooting at the bad guy?  Tons of people were hurt.... NONE were from the bad guy and it was all NYPD shooting and missing.

Yes I get stress... but this is why you practice practice practice.

Maybe it is because I have 2 young girls but the last thing I would want to see happen is me shooting someone innocent.

And 7.62x39 AK I am assuming?  I highly doubt it was lead bullets and likely surplus or steel cased junk that would easily penetrate any and all walls.  Just freaking irresponsible.

(and why ALL home defense ammo should be Hallow Points or Frangible).... especially in NJ, screw the potential add on charge... if you have friendlies in the house... I am sure you would rather go to jail for hallow points rather than knowing your FMJ over penetrated and shot/killed spouse, kids, dog, friends, etc. 

And I am sure very few people actually bother with it.  Heck, only reason I became aware of it was years ago talking to a CIA friend discussing how he had the doors/walls of his children's rooms lined with steel plates to protect from over-penetration.

When a 7.62x39 can go through thin sheets of plates... WTF is drywall going to do to stop it? lol. 

Sorry, hijacked this thread. 

54 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Should be 5 rounds, 5 hits... =)

If you cannot hit a man sized  target at 10 yards or less, you should not be able to shoot a gun, it is irresponsible. 

Remember that whole NYC shooting?  Guy went into office and killed former co-workers.... NYPD responded and started shooting at the bad guy?  Tons of people were hurt.... NONE were from the bad guy and it was all NYPD shooting and missing.

Yes I get stress... but this is why you practice practice practice.

Maybe it is because I have 2 young girls but the last thing I would want to see happen is me shooting someone innocent.

And 7.62x39 AK I am assuming?  I highly doubt it was lead bullets and likely surplus or steel cased junk that would easily penetrate any and all walls.  Just freaking irresponsible.

(and why ALL home defense ammo should be Hallow Points or Frangible).... especially in NJ, screw the potential add on charge... if you have friendlies in the house... I am sure you would rather go to jail for hallow points rather than knowing your FMJ over penetrated and shot/killed spouse, kids, dog, friends, etc. 

And I am sure very few people actually bother with it.  Heck, only reason I became aware of it was years ago talking to a CIA friend discussing how he had the doors/walls of his children's rooms lined with steel plates to protect from over-penetration.

When a 7.62x39 can go through thin sheets of plates... WTF is drywall going to do to stop it? lol. 

Sorry, hijacked this thread. 

you just described more than 3/4 of the cops out there.....

you have to remember the stress you're under.  While unloading 64 rounds on a man who is 24ft away and missing every single time from multiple guns is pathetic at best, stress does incredible things to the body

3 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

you just described more than 3/4 of the cops out there.....

you have to remember the stress you're under.  While unloading 64 rounds on a man who is 24ft away and missing every single time from multiple guns is pathetic at best, stress does incredible things to the body

You would think right?

And later to me, thanks to the forum was not surprising once I learned the amount of cops who actually don't care about guns.

A friend of mine here used to supply agencies with ammo.  Oh the stories of how he went downrange to "check" the targets to score them and had to put holes into the target so that someone would simply pass.

Another friend of mine's husband is a cop in NYC... and he HATES GUNS.

So not surprising at all...

How many rounds are police qualifications anyway?

Without a doubt, an average "Interested gun guy/gal" fires more rounds through their guns than a typical local LEO.

But is this any different than how many of us own SUVs or Pick Up trucks and NEVER take them off road? =)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Maksim said:

You would think right?

And later to me, thanks to the forum was not surprising once I learned the amount of cops who actually don't care about guns.

A friend of mine here used to supply agencies with ammo.  Oh the stories of how he went downrange to "check" the targets to score them and had to put holes into the target so that someone would simply pass.

Another friend of mine's husband is a cop in NYC... and he HATES GUNS.

So not surprising at all...

How many rounds are police qualifications anyway?

Without a doubt, an average "Interested gun guy/gal" fires more rounds through their guns than a typical local LEO.

But is this any different than how many of us own SUVs or Pick Up trucks and NEVER take them off road? =)

cops in liberal states, by and large, are vastly different than those is much of the country.  it's just the reality of it. 

I could tell you stories that would blow your mind

On 2/5/2019 at 6:27 AM, Maksim said:

Um... where would he not been able to defend himself if he was being attacked in his home?

I actually have an issue that the gun runs out into the street and starts shooting at a fleeing vehicle... at that point it is no longer "Self defense" and he is just a guy shooting out into the street without any care in the world if he hits neighbors or not. 

states like texas with "Stand Your Ground" laws this is perfectly legal.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.