Sniper

Bear Creek Arsenal gets Raided by ICE, 30 People Taken into custody

14 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

has to be more to this because the company stated that they had followed all of the rules laws and regulations applicable here and that was confirmed by the feds so there is definitely more to this

They might have....   Iv seen good fakes... but in the end the IRS always catches it..

14 hours ago, Lakota said:

Gun job openings for those that want to relocate from NJ :)  Always see the positive side :)

Must learn Spanish..

13 hours ago, Zeke said:

It’s $3-5 k for papers.

they network like a summabitch 

You need a new guy..

6 hours ago, brucin said:

They probably hired a temp agency to vet the employees. If there's an issue it's with the temp agency.

Its possible but more likely was the company HR department and need for cheap labor

• Haha 1

According to Bear Creeks website they have 250 employees....    in all honesty out of 250 people for 30 to be illegal in a town with a large illegal community might not be all that rare.

300,000 foot facility ad 250 empoyee's   I never would have guessed they were that large.

55 minutes ago, remixer said:

According to Bear Creeks website they have 250 employees....    in all honesty out of 250 people for 30 to be illegal in a town with a large illegal community might not be all that rare.

That's what I was thinking, 10% snuck through, and weren't caught by HR, because they had some really good fake identity papers? Maybe?

1 minute ago, Sniper said:

That's what I was thinking, 10% snuck through, and weren't caught by HR, because they had some really good fake identity papers? Maybe?

I look at it this way..... the reason to hire illegals is the labor cost... BUT only 10% of the labor force you have being illegal due to costs would really not be all that much money in the end..  I'm starting to think BC is a victim of fraudulent documents

For a few bucks an hour less it would only come out to maybe 4k a week tops in savings. When your payroll is at least $130,000 thousand a week (on the low end) the savings are insignificant.

Just now, CageFighter said:

maybe a new call for e-verify?

Problem with E-verify is that no one trusts is....

Would anyone trust a government system you enter data into... I would think the worry is becoming a target if you get to many negative results..... "Well lets see who works their who they did not enter"

I think serious prosecution for False docs would help.

1 hour ago, remixer said:

I look at it this way..... the reason to hire illegals is the labor cost... BUT only 10% of the labor force you have being illegal due to costs would really not be all that much money in the end..  I'm starting to think BC is a victim of fraudulent documents

That's what I would think too. Based on reports that illegals flood that area for work, I would guess they hire a lot more. One of the reports said that ICE actually pulled 70 people in for examination, but then only removed 30. So did that other 40 have really good forgeries and fraudulent docs?

If it was ITAR, is it possible they were looking a certain parts of the manufacturing processes that they were exposed to? Like ICE wasn't worrying about floor sweepers, just machinists, etc?

9 minutes ago, Sniper said:

That's what I would think too. Based on reports that illegals flood that area for work, I would guess they hire a lot more. One of the reports said that ICE actually pulled 70 people in for examination, but then only removed 30. So did that other 40 have really good forgeries and fraudulent docs? 

If it was ITAR, is it possible they were looking a certain parts of the manufacturing processes that they were exposed to? Like ICE wasn't worrying about floor sweepers, just machinists, etc?

Its possible there were more then 30. well know soon enough.
My guess ITAR issues would have been met with more ATF / FBI and less ICE....  There is more to this.... I think

Over 10% of the workforce being illegals is a considerable amount. As far as expertly done fakes, I can find out in seconds if a student's or parent's s.s. # jives with the fafsa data base. I would think any company would do their due diligence for their own protection, unless they're just looking for cheap labor. On the other hand, they may have been paying them quite well.

Some additional information that came out today. Seems ICE has their Hoover out and is doing some "vacuuming" in the area recently.

HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. (WTVD) - Officials with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement are confirming to ABC11 the continuation of near-daily "targeted immigration arrests" of undocumented immigrants in North Carolina, including the reported detention of six people in Wake County.

El Pueblo, an immigration advocacy group in North Carolina, tells ABC11 that three of those detained in Wake County were arrested in Holly Springs, and additional raids Wednesday brought at least a dozen more immigrants into ICE custody from Charlotte, Durham and Burlington.

Wednesday's reported raids follow a busy Tuesday for federal law enforcement in the Triangle: ICE agents took custody of 27 individuals working at a manufacturing company in Sanford. According to ICE officials, 25 of those arrested were identified through criminal search warrants.

"ICE does not conduct any type of random or indiscriminate enforcement," Bryan Cox, a spokesman for ICE, asserts to ABC11. "The agency focuses first and foremost on criminal offenders and other public safety threats."

On Wednesday, Cox also provided new data to the ABC11 I-Team showing 15,189 arrests of undocumented immigrants by the Atlanta Field Office, which covers Georgia and the Carolinas.

Among those detained, 9,490 (62 percent) were convicted of criminal offenses, while 4,464 (29 percent) were first detained by local law enforcement on other pending charges.

https://abc11.com/i-team-ice-arrests-reportedly-continue-wednesday-across-nc/5123932/

11 hours ago, remixer said:

Problem with E-verify is that no one trusts is....

Would anyone trust a government system you enter data into... I would think the worry is becoming a target if you get to many negative results..... "Well lets see who works their who they did not enter"

I think serious prosecution for False docs would help.

I doubt numerous negative results on everify would generate a fishing expedition on the part of ICE.  Numerous negative results, especially in an area like NC which has a lot of illegals, would indicate the employer is trying to do the right thing. 

12 hours ago, remixer said:

Its possible there were more then 30. well know soon enough.
My guess ITAR issues would have been met with more ATF / FBI and less ICE....  There is more to this.... I think

I beg to differ.  If FBI or ATF had anything to do with it they would have been there.  If either was there they would have been sure they were mentioned in the press release.  The FBI does little, if any, ITAR cases and most of them would probably be an additional charge from an espionage case. The HSI component of ICE which was birthed by US Customs Office of Investigations and INS Investigations has full jurisdiction in ITAR and a lot of other stuff most people don't realize.  US Customs OI/ICE-HSI has been doing ITAR for nearly 40 years that I personally have knowledge of all by themselves.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GRIZ said:

I doubt numerous negative results on everify would generate a fishing expedition on the part of ICE.  Numerous negative results, especially in an area like NC which has a lot of illegals, would indicate the employer is trying to do the right thing. 

Its not what we think its what companies think...   Im pretty sure most small business owners want nothing to do with it due to the worry about it.