Sniper

Proposal by Connecticut lawmaker to impose 50 percent tax on ammunition

These Democrats just keep pushing, little by little. Their thought processes (or lack of) border on insane.

A proposal by state Rep. Jillian Gilchrest, D-West Hartford, to impose a 50 percent tax on firearms ammunition has caught the attention of the National Rifle Association.

In a video posted to her Twitter page, Gilchrest, who is serving her first term in the General Assembly, described the tax as a “prevention measure.” Ammunition in Connecticut is currently taxed at the normal sales tax rate of 6.35 percent.

“We see this as a public health measure similar to what we’ve done in the state of Connecticut with increasing the tax on cigarettes,” Gilchrest said. “When we increase that tax we’ve seen a reduction in use. And so we want to continue Connecticut’s legacy of being a leader on preventing and addressing gun violence and we see this as another step forward in that direction.”

https://www.courant.com/politics/capitol-watch/hc-pol-jillian-gilchrest-50-percent-ammo-tax-20190205-xm4tv6dq2zfbphirunnotk3yeq-story.html

Yup, I've been saying it FOREVER!

I still cant figure out why no one has started a suit over the cost of permits, NICS and tax on Arms. Like ANY tax it disproportionally affects those with low income. Not to mention the Left constantly cries about making the poor pay for ID's to vote...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Yup, I've been saying it FOREVER!

I still cant figure out why no one has started a suit over the cost of permits, NICS and tax on Arms. Like ANY tax is disproportionally affects those with low income. Not to mention the Left constantly cries about making the poor pay for ID's to vote...

I can see a parallel with Janus. We talking excercising of rights. Or, Perhaps it could be viewed as an “ undue burden “.

Pathetic coming from the Constitution State.

Maybe only lawful fire-arms owners should be allowed to vote, teach, practice law, or hold public office.  Since all Politicians get a lot of perks, I propose a 75% flat tax on all of their legal and illegal earnings.   Liberal Politicians, Attorneys, Prosecutors, and Judges should all have a 500% ammo tax added.  And, anyone that is of sound mind that doesn't own a firearm legally should have a 10% additional tax added to their income every year, as they are not part of the militia.   That would exclude liberal statists, as they are not of sound mind.  

Instead of a phone, Trump should give everybody a box of ammo, and as part of registering for the draft, all citizens should have to guard or southern border.  Liberals can be issued Nerf guns.