SJG

Kali-Key

10 round mag limit applies to all semi-auto firearms.  The only exception is the tube on a semi auto rifle that uses .22 caliber rimfire cartridges like the Marlin Model 60.  Limit for that is still 15 rounds.  

If you make your AR-15 a magazine fed bolt action rifle, you still will be limited to 10 rounds because the 15 round magazines "COULD" still potentially be used in a semi-auto AR-15.  

If you have a magazine fed, bolt action rifle whose magazine does not fit into any semi-auto firearm, then you would be able to go up to the 15 round limit for that guns magazines. 

I am not a lawyer and the info provided above is based on my understanding of the new law based on the info found on the ANJRPC home page and at Evan Nappen's page here.  He is a good lawyer.  

2 hours ago, Regular Guy said:

10 round mag limit applies to all semi-auto firearms.  The only exception is the tube on a semi auto rifle that uses .22 caliber rimfire cartridges like the Marlin Model 60.  Limit for that is still 15 rounds.  

WRONG WRONG WRONG

• Like 1

If, for example, you used a device to make your semi-auto AR into a non-semi-auto, you cannot use a 30 round AR mag in it unless it is permanently fixed in place (thus no longer detachable)

You could put a blob of weld on one side of the mag body, then file a matching groove ito the magwell to accept that new "fat mag" that would no longer be usable in a standard AR lower, and get away with it.

Doesn't Ruger make a .22 bolt gun that uses the same mags as 10/22? If so, then you cannot possess a 15 or 25 round 10/22 mag with the excuse "it's for my Ruger bolt gun" even if you don't own a 10/22. It's the 11+ mag that's illegal if it can be used in a semi-auto.

I have nothing against this and I actually think it's pretty cool.

That being said, I don't care for the placement of the AR's charging handle and I would find having to use this for every shot even more inconvenient. A bolt action with the bolt on the right side is just perfect in my opinion.

I'm the event we could not own an AR, I would get a really nice bolt gun that I could learn to run fast and effective.

On 2/5/2019 at 5:44 PM, SJG said:

On 2/5/2019 at 8:14 PM, Regular Guy said:

If you make your AR-15 a magazine fed bolt action rifle, you still will be limited to 10 rounds because the 15 round magazines "COULD" still potentially be used in a semi-auto AR-15.  

If you have a magazine fed, bolt action rifle whose magazine does not fit into any semi-auto firearm, then you would be able to go up to the 15 round limit for that guns magazines. 

I am not a lawyer and the info provided above is based on my understanding of the new law based on the info found on the ANJRPC home page and at Evan Nappen's page here.  He is a good lawyer.  

would this not be perfectly legal in commifornia? and also allow us to have more than 1 or 2 evil features here in pfrnj?

https://www.ammoland.com/2016/07/englands-sort-semi-auto-ar-15-type-rifle/