Sign in to follow this  
PoorSoulInJersey

Hello from Haddonfield

Hey everybody.

I moved here from PA a couple years ago for work, and I really miss my carry permit and the ability to buy normal magazines. Somehow an AR just doesn't look right with a 10 round mag.

I'm mostly an indoor range guy, though I keep thinking about getting into an outdoor range soon. I belong to Hague's Range in Thorofare.

I'm both an handgun and a rifle guy, with an array of guns including revolvers, semi-autos, bolt action rifles, and semi-auto rifles, some with scopes and some with iron sights.

The crown jewels in my collection are my Springfield TRP 1911 and my Tikka T3 (though my Springfield M1A gets a lot of love too!).

I'm new to this forum, but I use the same name on the Down Range TV and Gun Rights Radio Network forum.

-Tom

I was living in Center City Philly. I took a job near Princeton, NJ, which required me to get a car (I'd lived in Philly for 12 years with no car). My wife still works in Philly. Since we only have one car, we had to find a place that was decent to commute into Philly. With SEPTA regional rail as terrible as it is (with trains only every hour), so we ended up in Haddonfield, where PATCO is actually a decent option.

It's funny because I've bought more "assault weapons" since I've lived here (like an AR and an AK). Heck, I even found a VEPR. When I lived in PA, I had a much smaller collection of more politically acceptable guns :)

I was living in Center City Philly. I took a job near Princeton, NJ, which required me to get a car (I'd lived in Philly for 12 years with no car). My wife still works in Philly. Since we only have one car, we had to find a place that was decent to commute into Philly. With SEPTA regional rail as terrible as it is (with trains only every hour), so we ended up in Haddonfield, where PATCO is actually a decent option.

It's funny because I've bought more "assault weapons" since I've lived here (like an AR and an AK). Heck, I even found a VEPR. When I lived in PA, I had a much smaller collection of more politically acceptable guns :)

Where did you find that Vepr?

Was just in philly yesterday. As far as commute, Ewing/Hopewell area is probly good too since they do have a Septa line running here.

Where in princeton do you work? that is my neck of the woods.

Where did you find that Vepr?

Was just in philly yesterday. As far as commute, Ewing/Hopewell area is probly good too since they do have a Septa line running here.

Where in princeton do you work? that is my neck of the woods.

Hague's got one in and I snapped it up. I was just there on the right day (kind of the same way I got my M1A). The bear about that Vepr is that I can't find any kind of parts or magazines for it. Even the importers had nothing.

There are places that we could take the regional rail to & from, but the fact that they run so rarely and stop at certain times is a pretty major drawback. PATCO runs at worst, every 20 minutes and runs 24 hours a day. My commute is pretty much just 35 minutes up 295, while my wife's is about 25 minutes on PATCO. It was hard to find a similar balance with regional rail. My wife's would have been 45 minutes or more if we were closer to my work. We really tried to get someplace with about equal commutes. Plus, I drive a Prius, so the gas cost isn't that bad for me to drive that far.

I'm in in the Lenox office park out in Lawrenceville, right off 295.

Poor Soul...

Welcome... I am a Cherry Hill res here, but only about 1 mile from DT Haddonfield. I belong to a great outdoor club about 15 minutes from you, Square Circle Sportsman Club in Gibbstown. I would be more then happy to get you out to it sometime as your host. It has trap, outdoor rifle to 100 yards, pistol to 50, indoor pistol and a full archery range, field and target. Shoot me a pm sometime and I would be happy to host you.