Gunlawyernj

Things gun people say that annoy you...

"A loaded magazine is legally the same as a firearm"

"(sotto voce)Are all your guns registered in NJ?(/sotto voce)"

"This (anti-gun) regulation makes sense, cuz' the 2nd amendment was talking about well regulated militias..."

"Birdshot is the perfect round for home defense" (Hi Ray Ray)

"You'll shoot your eye out!"

"I don't want to shoot an AR and have the bullet go through 5 walls and kill a kid in the next house.  That's why I use buckshot for HD."

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I require clarification on #3

like booger hooker on trigger in your selfie or something else ?

Either a selfie, meme, photo in article, no limit

34 minutes ago, BobA said:

Rule clearifacation please:  is this restricted to gun terms?  Or can I point out:

”Cold enough for you?”  

I envisioned gun stuff but it’s a free country...also...one of my favorite scenes from my favorite movies  

16 minutes ago, Malsua said:

"I use a .45 so I don't have to shoot twice"

"If the war breaks out, I'm coming to your house" 

"Packing heat" 

that's classic, actually all of these are classic.   Someone said to me they were coming here and I said, not unless you can work like a slave, bring ample food and be prepared to be a serf!  lol

11 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

that's classic, actually all of these are classic.   Someone said to me they were coming here and I said, not unless you can work like a slave, bring ample food and be prepared to be a serf!  lol

I get that whole "I'm coming to your house" ALL the time.  Lack of preparation on their part, does put any obligation on my part.  I will be the king of my own fiefdom.  A serf, is a serf and serves at the whim of the king, hell I may even revive jus primae noctis.

12 hours ago, Malsua said:

I get that whole "I'm coming to your house" ALL the time.  Lack of preparation on their part, does put any obligation on my part. 

We get that a lot too...

Mrs Tex and I usually respond with: ‘Great! We’ll make room in the freezer for you’!

Usually shuts them up. 

• Like 2

"Hollowpoints are illegal in NJ",

"You can't take your firearms out of state unless you're going directly to a range".

"You need a FPID and permit to buy a handgun".

"You're only allowed to get 3 permits at one time".

• Crazy 1

17 hours ago, BobA said:

What the hell do you need a thousand rounds for?”

The weekend.

Also, people who claim that gun must be locked in the trunk, or (if no trunk) out of reach.  I know this comes from NJSP guidelines, but it goes beyond the "closed and fastened case, securely tied package, OR in the trunk" that is actually written in 2C:39-6

Here's a movie one that always bugs me.

The constant racking of the slide when they are ready to "move out".  Of course, they rack the slide again 2 minutes later and no shells are ejected.  The Punisher gets this one right.  Frank often pulls the slide back a little to make sure one is chambered.

A corollary to this one.   Someone raises a revolver and you hear a slide rack.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Malsua said:

Here's a movie one that always bugs me.

The constant racking of the slide when they are ready to "move out".  Of course, they rack the slide again 2 minutes later and no shells are ejected.  The Punisher gets this one right.  Frank often pulls the slide back a little to make sure one is chambered.

A corollary to this one.   Someone raises a revolver and you hear a slide rack.

THIS!  Especially after they were just shooting and now racking the slide... AGAIN!

If we are talking movies.... Was just watching one.... a guy holding a 1911 at someone... and the HAMMER IS DOWN! lol. Yes... that 1911 is now magically DA/SA. lol. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

THIS!  Especially after they were just shooting and now racking the slide... AGAIN!

If we are talking movies.... Was just watching one.... a guy holding a 1911 at someone... and the HAMMER IS DOWN! lol. Yes... that 1911 is now magically DA/SA. lol. 

Or they hide behind a sofa so the bullets don’t get through and hit them. 

2 hours ago, Maksim said:

I have a 1911 that is DA/SA

(secamp conversion)

"My *insert any firearm* has never jammed."

"Nice *insert any semiauto handgun*, but it's not a Glock."

"40 slow and week"

"The AR15 is not as reliable as an AK"

"I wouldn't use 223 for anything but a varmint gun"

On 2/9/2019 at 3:30 PM, Maksim said:

I don't know if you were cleverly referencing "The Punisher" series, but I've seen it a bunch of times on the show.

Just now, RichP said:

I don't know if you were cleverly referencing "The Punisher" series, but I've seen it a bunch of times on the show.

hah, No, not the Punisher.

Was most recently on that show "Zoo" or "The Zoo" on Netflix.

They were in Brazil, the guy had a 1911 pointed at a gang leader... hammer was down on a 1911.