mjhvn

WTB a BRNO or Swede mauser

Looking for a Czech BRNO mauser or Swede mauser mainly but I'm open to others. The main requirements being that that it's a milsurp, non-sporter, working/safe, and at least fair condition gun (extremely prefer no crack in the wood but some wear if for these old guns is understandable). Looking to pay about $300 for it. I am in Middlesex county.

Any particular model of Swede?

Not sure on the Czech mausers BUT at least for the Swedes, $300 is going to get you one in fairly poor condition.   Yes, gun prices generally fell, ok, plummeted, BUT C&R guns have significantly increased, especially with import bans.  For $300 you are getting a Mosin 91/30.

For an M96 Swede you are looking at around $500+ for a good+ gun.

Well I'm looking for gun from someone trying to get rid of a collection or a family member selling off a a collection from someone who passed away. $300 is also not a fixed price but I prefer in that range. I know they may sell for a little more but they could sit for a sometime. At least for a fact I am willing to pay $300 for it. :)

3 hours ago, mjhvn said:

Well I'm looking for gun from someone trying to get rid of a collection or a family member selling off a a collection from someone who passed away. $300 is also not a fixed price but I prefer in that range. I know they may sell for a little more but they could sit for a sometime. At least for a fact I am willing to pay $300 for it. :)

In that case, your best bet would to be to look at Auctions.  From time to time you can find one when conditions are right and not a lot of other sellers.

It would be just morally wrong to see someone dump a great, scare rifle for far below market value. =)  

8 minutes ago, Maksim said:

In that case, your best bet would to be to look at Auctions.  From time to time you can find one when conditions are right and not a lot of other sellers.

It would be just morally wrong to see someone dump a great, scare rifle for far below market value. =)  

Well just think about it I'm giving these old girls a good home. A lot of milsurp and guns in general rust out every year from lack of care. Then they are worthless and you lose the history. Even some gun guys don't like milsurp or old guns but I do just don't have a lot of money get a lot of them.