Jump to content
Underdog

CZ 75B vs Beretta 92

Recommended Posts

Does anybody love the Beretta or is it CZ all the way?  I sold my Beretta a while ago and replaced it with a CZ.  The grip just seemed better to me and it wasn't as large.  i always wanted to find a Beretta with the 1911 grip, though. 

This gun is awesome:  https://www.wilsoncombat.com/92g-vertec-brigadier-tactical/!

.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it is about one or the other.

Personally, I prefer the CZ for its much smaller, thinner grip, and generally a far more accurate gun.

The Beretta is a classic however and does deserve a spot in everyone's safe... who knows though if you will shoot it or not.

I do believe however for guys with bigger paws, the 92 will be a better fit and IIRC, less of an issue with slide bite. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beretta has been stepping it up lately with their modified 92's from Wilson and Lagdon. The models aren't cheap, but they are cheaper than upgrading a stock 92. Obviously they cost more then a CZ, but they are worth it. If you didnt like the 92 grip, then try and get a hold of a vertec.... if you still dont like it then I guess there is your answer. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never shot the 75 (but have/love my P07) but my 92 put 3rds into one hole in the center dot at 25 yds. That's all I need to know, that gun will do its part if I do mine. Yes it's a bit chunky and big for me but is still comfortable to hold dependable and fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Beretta has been stepping it up lately with their modified 92's from Wilson and Lagdon. The models aren't cheap, but they are cheaper than upgrading a stock 92. Obviously they cost more then a CZ, but they are worth it. If you didnt like the 92 grip, then try and get a hold of a vertec.... if you still dont like it then I guess there is your answer. 

 

So that is what I tried... but the Vertec is still no where near what you can do with a CZ.

They truly are two different guns, its like comparing a BMW 7 series to a Cadillac CTS or something like that.

At the end of the day, it should not be about one or the other.

In either case though... if we are talking about triggers, a 92 trigger of any kind, cannot come close to a worked CZ trigger.  I truly believe the CZ is going to have the closet DA/SA trigger you can find to a 1911 trigger, and perhaps the nicest DA trigger period.

Put it this way, there is a reason why the vast majority of competitive shooters shoot CZ and CZ clones and very few shoot Berettas... and it has nothing to do with sponsorships, etc.

Top guns are:  CZ, Glock, Tanforglios (CZ Clones), followed by Sig, Springfield and H&K. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Maksim said:

So that is what I tried... but the Vertec is still no where near what you can do with a CZ.

They truly are two different guns, its like comparing a BMW 7 series to a Cadillac CTS or something like that.

At the end of the day, it should not be about one or the other.

In either case though... if we are talking about triggers, a 92 trigger of any kind, cannot come close to a worked CZ trigger.  I truly believe the CZ is going to have the closet DA/SA trigger you can find to a 1911 trigger, and perhaps the nicest DA trigger period.

Put it this way, there is a reason why the vast majority of competitive shooters shoot CZ and CZ clones and very few shoot Berettas... and it has nothing to do with sponsorships, etc.

Top guns are:  CZ, Glock, Tanforglios (CZ Clones), followed by Sig, Springfield and H&K. 

I think you're right on all accounts. My point was more or less about being able to purchase a production model. A lot of people love the 92, but are slightly dissatisfied with it's performance in the trigger. It's nice to be able to buy new one and not have to get it worked on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I think you're right on all accounts. My point was more or less about being able to purchase a production model. A lot of people love the 92, but are slightly dissatisfied with it's performance in the trigger. It's nice to be able to buy new one and not have to get it worked on. 

 

1 minute ago, Krdshrk said:

Should try my M9A3 - factory vertec grip, D spring trigger.  much better out of the box than the regular 92FS

That is very true.

The vast majority of gun owners are NOT going to do any kind of work to their guns.   What you get at the factory is what it is going to be.

So for me, even the Vertec grip was skinny enough.

I know I loved learning to shoot on a Beretta 92FS, but there is just something about the grip size of a CZ 75, 1911 or even the Browning High Power (although stock triggers here are complete garbage.)  Yes, there is a ton of Nostalgia Buying, and let's be honest, I am sure a ton of Beretta buyers are buying because it was military gun or THE Italian gun to have. i.e. If I did buy a Beretta 92 variant... it would not be a US Made one... same for Desert Eagle... Israel or no gun.  I suppose it's like buying an American BMW or a Mexican VW?

It is definitely a cool gun though and would be happy to own when I run across one, but for the money, IF I had to choose one or the other... CZ any day, twice on Sunday. (match day, duh!)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maksim said:

Personally, I prefer the CZ for its much smaller, thinner grip, and generally a far more accurate gun.

First off .... you do have girly hands.....   and I challenge the " far more accurate gun" statement .....  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 67gtonut said:

First off .... you do have girly hands.....   and I challenge the " far more accurate gun" statement .....  

Bring it.... What is it you are a fan of nowadays?  Was it Smith & Wesson?  Glock?  Beretta now, right? =P

At least I am a consistent CZ and 1911 guy.

But you are right, let's clarify.  I would say a stock CZ 75 is more accurate than a stock 92fs.

And the delta increases even more once we look at CZ guns from custom shop like Accushadow, etc.

Has to do with with full frame rails.  

But here you go... TFB did some testing... 25 yard and 35 foot groups.

CZ 75 TS came in 2nd... Beretta 92 came in last.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/10/12/exclusive-testing-worlds-accurate-pistols-part/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And if you really want a NICE CZ... https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-shadow-2-custom-accu.html

Once again, there is a reason why people go CZ and clone CZ in match circles.

50 yard, 10 yard groups of 2 3/8".  

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-75-sp01-accu-shadow-9mm-black.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't own either, so I have no dog in this fight.  I've fired both extensively, and have friends that swear by both.  I like the 75B cause it feels like my 1911's & 2011 and can be carried in Condition #1.  For feel (and I have smaller hands) and grip angle, CZ does it for me.  Both are great guns.  It's a personal choice.  I'm 59 yrs old.  If I need grip tape on a brand new gun to shoot a hot, sweaty match with it, I'll use it.  Function & reliability is primary.  Looks don't really do it for me anymore.  I'm not a kid.  Hitting clays on the berm at 50 yds via utilization of superior skillz & a nice trigger (while safe-action wonder nine owners can't find the berm) DOES IT FOR ME :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say the Beretta 92 and the Cz75 are very close in all aspects over all.

Some people do find the 92 grip on the Inox a bit thick since its rubberized, The standard 92 (black) has the plastic grips which are thinner..  In any case there are plenty of aftermarket grips for the 92 as well as the cz75 series.

I love the classic styling of the 92 series (open barrel design etc etc) on the other hand the cz75 is not as Pretty but is quite a looker.  

Regardless if you choose the 75b series of the 92 series you have a winner. both are fantastic, up-gradable and not polymer and priced very similar. We sell both models and i would say they sell equally to each other... Beretta does have one benefit over the CZ for people who are not gun people and never heard of CZ.... Beretta is made in Italy (or US) depending on the model and brings with it a certain amount of props for quality and reputation. Cz being made in the Czech Republic does not give the appearance that beretta has  ... When was the last time you thought Czech Republic and I NEED TO OWN THAT.   Of course that thinking is totally wrong when it comes to CZ..  Excellent quality firearm.

I think the reason to choose one over the other would be simple fit in the hand test... Which one feels at home in your hand.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, remixer said:

I would say the Beretta 92 and the Cz75 are very close in all aspects over all.

Some people do find the 92 grip on the Inox a bit thick since its rubberized, The standard 92 (black) has the plastic grips which are thinner..  In any case there are plenty of aftermarket grips for the 92 as well as the cz75 series.

I love the classic styling of the 92 series (open barrel design etc etc) on the other hand the cz75 is not as Pretty but is quite a looker.  

Regardless if you choose the 75b series of the 92 series you have a winner. both are fantastic, up-gradable and not polymer and priced very similar. We sell both models and i would say they sell equally to each other... Beretta does have one benefit over the CZ for people who are not gun people and never heard of CZ.... Beretta is made in Italy (or US) depending on the model and brings with it a certain amount of props for quality and reputation. Cz being made in the Czech Republic does not give the appearance that beretta has  ... When was the last time you thought Czech Republic and I NEED TO OWN THAT.   Of course that thinking is totally wrong when it comes to CZ..  Excellent quality firearm.

I think the reason to choose one over the other would be simple fit in the hand test... Which one feels at home in your hand.

 

All good with the rest but disagree on the bolded part.

Hand test is fine... and better than nothing.  Better yet is go find a range that has both available to rent or simply ask a member here and go shoot them.  The guns feel very much different when shooting them. =)

And as to Czech Made.... crystal and china. =)  Czech stuff is quite good with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Maksim said:

All good with the rest but disagree on the bolded part.

Hand test is fine... and better than nothing.  Better yet is go find a range that has both available to rent or simply ask a member here and go shoot them.  The guns feel very much different when shooting them. =)

And as to Czech Made.... crystal and china. =)  Czech stuff is quite good with that.

Range test is always the best but just not always possible.   If it does not feel right in the hand its not for you.... Just like shoes..  If they both fit then shooting it would make the difference.

Czech Made means very little the majority of people in this country.

When they think Czech they think Strippers, Sausage and Cabbage. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an answer to the OP, I'm more of a Beretta fan than I am of CZ.  I've owned 3 CZ's (75b full size, 75b compact and P07) and sold them all.  I still have an IWI/Jericho Baby Eagle that is a clone.  There was nothing wrong with them but didn't do it for me when I chose what would go to the range with me.  

As for Beretta, here's what in the safe today, and I'm still adding, with the Elite Langdon LTT on the way.

There is no wrong answer - kinda like the blonde/brunette/redhead decision...

IMG_1020.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my friends sent this video to me. I am not familiar with this nut, but he is pretty funny...  not for work.  You might want to checkout the one on the Shadow 2.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer having the first and subsequent shots single action so I have a 75B. If you're ok with starting double action the 75BD or the 92 are a toss up. Go with what fits your hand the best.

I got a set of the VZ palm swell grips for my CZ and it points perfectly for me. People with smaller hands may prefer the straight grips. People with larger hands may prefer the 92. YMMV.

  • Informative 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have both, like both...

I will say, if I have one of the two with a safety... I’ll go CZ. Decock-only... Beretta (or as I now have, S&W 3rd Generation; 1006 is decock only :icon_cool:). Not a fan of the slide mounted safety, nor the position of the decocker on the CZ. Reverse them, I’m good.

Shy of that, really can’t wait for the final move up to ME. All of my Berettas and my CZ are currently single shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • NJGF members in chat (2)



  • Supporting Vendors

  • Latest Topics

  • Posts

    • For the way it burst, it's not a real squib. It would have to be an underloaded cartridge that stopped basically right at the muzzle. This is unlikley but possible.  My guess is the following:  There's probably something wrong with the metal of the barrel. They got a bad batch of stainless with impurities or weird crystal structures or something. Much like SA did when they had the spate of stainless slides snapping off at the slide cut on their 1911s.  It is also not uncommon for the machining for a lever action with a tube magazine to negatively impact the boar as far as accuracy on a good sample, and this is often due to the machining changing the bore diameter or roundness.  Combine that with bum steel and the fact the angle on the dovetail is a stress riser, and one of two things happened.  1) It was a bad enough combination that it the bullets hammering into the bore constriction were able to basically split the end of the barrel open.  2) Lots of soft lead ammo was being shot, and the  bore restriction at the cut was effectively scraping off some lead and causing a build up until #1 happened.  #2 could in theory happen badly enough to kill a gun without bad steel being involved, but usually you stop shooting first and try to figure out why your gun is do horribly inaccurate.   
    • 12ga. Flash bangs .........don't know if they are Jersey Legal...used in Alaska quite a bit to move bears.
    • What article are you reading? At no point does he argue 300 million gun owners. He points out there are about 250 million adults in the us and the at least number for how many guns per capita are in circulation.  The biggest number he poses as actual resistance is the veteran population at about 20 million.  I'd argue that the scenario is very wrong as a whole, but more on that at the end.   The estimates are that the number of gun owners in the US are 100 million. The number that owns them is smaller than that.  The only ownership stat he gins up is that to get all the semi-autos, you would have to raid 9 million households. This is based on his estimate of number of semi-auto guns out there (which is probably conservative for the reason he states), and his math of netting 3 prohibited guns per raid. Which Is a number that may be high or low. I really can't say. LOTS of people tend to own way more than one semi auto rifle. On the other hand, how good would the data mining be to target things successfully? My guess is that the number of raids would have to be much higher because you would have WAY less than 100% accuracy on semi auto ownership.    This is where I think a whole bunch of people stop thinking rationally, and the author's nod to the IRA is apt, and it becomes important to keep in mind that the number of raids is seriously, seriously optimistic.  His math is a bit off. Doing some rounding to whole numbers, it's really 869 raids per team, and thus 869 raids per officer to hit that optimistic number. Assuming no attrition, casualties, etc.  There's ~100 million gun owners.  The question is how many of them do you get?  There's also another ~200 million non gun owners. the question is what will they put up with before they see the government as a problem?  Because the reality is you are likely going to have to kick down WAY more than 9 million doors to get them all. Even at 9 million, that's basically one in every 13 homes.  And that is if they ONLY ban semi auto rifles and things work out beyond optimistically. Realistically, even with high quality data mining, face to face sales, 80% receivers, etc will mean going to a number of households larger than that, AND so far the stupidity seems to want to include semi auto pistols. So... WAY. WAYYYYY more households than that.  But lets be kind and say double it.  That means kicking in the door of about 1 in 5 households. That will generate opinions amongst the populace.  And he already suggested how it would be organized. It'll be the guys you know and trust. You ahve a handful of buddies you have known forever? One of them jsut got capped by a SWAT team last weekend and you are getting together after the funeral for a drink and really pissed off? Maybe you get to talking about how some fuckers need to pay?  How many more people when they hear rumors of things that sound like they might be talking about you will give you a ring to let you know something might be happening but without putting any real skin in the game?  This is how it happens at the very least. More organized than that? Look at how many gangs we have in the US. They have their own governing documents and rules and such. They are arguably competing forms of government in some locations.  As a concept, the havock the IRA caused was with WAY less guns and with a peak of at best about 5000 active trouble makers. A lot more sympathetic ears and people willing to be low commitment on the fringe, but 5000 really problematic ones.    I do think he is optimistic about the retribution on the ruling class. I suspect it would look much more like enough cops get killed that the cops collect their pay checks while knowing the cops just don't go into that part of town for anything real.      I don't totally disagree with you. I have said before and I will say again that all politicians are scum. they don't care about anything but gathering power and influence and not wanting to work to retain it.  If a ban ever did come about, there would be NO intention of enforcing it thoroughly. Just like there has been zero attempt made to really enforce ANY gun control law to date thoroughly outside of already regulated entities.  Whenever something happens, nothing effective is suggested to prevent crime. What is suggested is  something that would make it harder to mint new gun owners and to stifle the existing social structures of gun owners.  Why? Because to the mind of a politician they see it as destroying a voting block that opposes them FOREVER. They will likely remain opposed, but opposed and unorganized and to diffuse into other voting blocks. They don't do anything about the crime because crime creates fear, and fear can be used to gather votes. Enforcement will be arbitrary and periodic so they can keep the former gon owning voting block afraid to stand up on the subject, and keep the anti-gun voting block intact and in fear of the evil criminal gun owners. Because if you actually solved the "problem" of gun owners, the anti-gunners could vote for whoever now. If you actually fixed the criminal problem, your voters who want law and order out of fear could go vote based on other priorities.  The only real point of conversations like this are to point out how people are being lied to, and how those who give a crap need to focus on the other strategies and put some effort into them.  IMO the real hazard for CW2.0 surrounding guns is that we DO get a half assed ban, and some politician thinks because they said it is so, it is truly so. And decides to do something else incredibly stupid that lets them find out how many guns they didn't actually confiscate. 
    • Remember, it only takes 3% to produce "change".. What could 3,000,000 "focused" individuals accomplish in the country? Averaged out, that would be 60,000 per state. Could 60,000 pissed off gun owners take over control of NJ? How about half that number?
    • Yes to be considered a farm and get the farmland accessment it must be 5 acres or more and you have to make over certian amount of money from the farm. But you dont need to own a farm to own livestock
×

Important Information