Underdog

CZ 75B vs Beretta 92

Does anybody love the Beretta or is it CZ all the way?  I sold my Beretta a while ago and replaced it with a CZ.  The grip just seemed better to me and it wasn't as large.  i always wanted to find a Beretta with the 1911 grip, though. 

This gun is awesome:  https://www.wilsoncombat.com/92g-vertec-brigadier-tactical/!

I don't think it is about one or the other.

Personally, I prefer the CZ for its much smaller, thinner grip, and generally a far more accurate gun.

The Beretta is a classic however and does deserve a spot in everyone's safe... who knows though if you will shoot it or not.

I do believe however for guys with bigger paws, the 92 will be a better fit and IIRC, less of an issue with slide bite. 

• Like 2

Beretta has been stepping it up lately with their modified 92's from Wilson and Lagdon. The models aren't cheap, but they are cheaper than upgrading a stock 92. Obviously they cost more then a CZ, but they are worth it. If you didnt like the 92 grip, then try and get a hold of a vertec.... if you still dont like it then I guess there is your answer. 

Never shot the 75 (but have/love my P07) but my 92 put 3rds into one hole in the center dot at 25 yds. That's all I need to know, that gun will do its part if I do mine. Yes it's a bit chunky and big for me but is still comfortable to hold dependable and fun.

51 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Beretta has been stepping it up lately with their modified 92's from Wilson and Lagdon. The models aren't cheap, but they are cheaper than upgrading a stock 92. Obviously they cost more then a CZ, but they are worth it. If you didnt like the 92 grip, then try and get a hold of a vertec.... if you still dont like it then I guess there is your answer. 

So that is what I tried... but the Vertec is still no where near what you can do with a CZ.

They truly are two different guns, its like comparing a BMW 7 series to a Cadillac CTS or something like that.

At the end of the day, it should not be about one or the other.

In either case though... if we are talking about triggers, a 92 trigger of any kind, cannot come close to a worked CZ trigger.  I truly believe the CZ is going to have the closet DA/SA trigger you can find to a 1911 trigger, and perhaps the nicest DA trigger period.

Put it this way, there is a reason why the vast majority of competitive shooters shoot CZ and CZ clones and very few shoot Berettas... and it has nothing to do with sponsorships, etc.

Top guns are:  CZ, Glock, Tanforglios (CZ Clones), followed by Sig, Springfield and H&K. 

27 minutes ago, Maksim said:

So that is what I tried... but the Vertec is still no where near what you can do with a CZ.

They truly are two different guns, its like comparing a BMW 7 series to a Cadillac CTS or something like that.

At the end of the day, it should not be about one or the other.

In either case though... if we are talking about triggers, a 92 trigger of any kind, cannot come close to a worked CZ trigger.  I truly believe the CZ is going to have the closet DA/SA trigger you can find to a 1911 trigger, and perhaps the nicest DA trigger period.

Put it this way, there is a reason why the vast majority of competitive shooters shoot CZ and CZ clones and very few shoot Berettas... and it has nothing to do with sponsorships, etc.

Top guns are:  CZ, Glock, Tanforglios (CZ Clones), followed by Sig, Springfield and H&K. 

I think you're right on all accounts. My point was more or less about being able to purchase a production model. A lot of people love the 92, but are slightly dissatisfied with it's performance in the trigger. It's nice to be able to buy new one and not have to get it worked on. 

12 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I think you're right on all accounts. My point was more or less about being able to purchase a production model. A lot of people love the 92, but are slightly dissatisfied with it's performance in the trigger. It's nice to be able to buy new one and not have to get it worked on. 

1 minute ago, Krdshrk said:

Should try my M9A3 - factory vertec grip, D spring trigger.  much better out of the box than the regular 92FS

That is very true.

The vast majority of gun owners are NOT going to do any kind of work to their guns.   What you get at the factory is what it is going to be.

So for me, even the Vertec grip was skinny enough.

I know I loved learning to shoot on a Beretta 92FS, but there is just something about the grip size of a CZ 75, 1911 or even the Browning High Power (although stock triggers here are complete garbage.)  Yes, there is a ton of Nostalgia Buying, and let's be honest, I am sure a ton of Beretta buyers are buying because it was military gun or THE Italian gun to have. i.e. If I did buy a Beretta 92 variant... it would not be a US Made one... same for Desert Eagle... Israel or no gun.  I suppose it's like buying an American BMW or a Mexican VW?

It is definitely a cool gun though and would be happy to own when I run across one, but for the money, IF I had to choose one or the other... CZ any day, twice on Sunday. (match day, duh!)

1 hour ago, 67gtonut said:

First off .... you do have girly hands.....   and I challenge the " far more accurate gun" statement .....  

Bring it.... What is it you are a fan of nowadays?  Was it Smith & Wesson?  Glock?  Beretta now, right? =P

At least I am a consistent CZ and 1911 guy.

But you are right, let's clarify.  I would say a stock CZ 75 is more accurate than a stock 92fs.

And the delta increases even more once we look at CZ guns from custom shop like Accushadow, etc.

Has to do with with full frame rails.  

But here you go... TFB did some testing... 25 yard and 35 foot groups.

CZ 75 TS came in 2nd... Beretta 92 came in last.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/10/12/exclusive-testing-worlds-accurate-pistols-part/

And if you really want a NICE CZ... https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-shadow-2-custom-accu.html

Once again, there is a reason why people go CZ and clone CZ in match circles.

50 yard, 10 yard groups of 2 3/8".  

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-75-sp01-accu-shadow-9mm-black.html

I don't own either, so I have no dog in this fight.  I've fired both extensively, and have friends that swear by both.  I like the 75B cause it feels like my 1911's & 2011 and can be carried in Condition #1.  For feel (and I have smaller hands) and grip angle, CZ does it for me.  Both are great guns.  It's a personal choice.  I'm 59 yrs old.  If I need grip tape on a brand new gun to shoot a hot, sweaty match with it, I'll use it.  Function & reliability is primary.  Looks don't really do it for me anymore.  I'm not a kid.  Hitting clays on the berm at 50 yds via utilization of superior skillz & a nice trigger (while safe-action wonder nine owners can't find the berm) DOES IT FOR ME :) 

I would say the Beretta 92 and the Cz75 are very close in all aspects over all.

Some people do find the 92 grip on the Inox a bit thick since its rubberized, The standard 92 (black) has the plastic grips which are thinner..  In any case there are plenty of aftermarket grips for the 92 as well as the cz75 series.

I love the classic styling of the 92 series (open barrel design etc etc) on the other hand the cz75 is not as Pretty but is quite a looker.  

Regardless if you choose the 75b series of the 92 series you have a winner. both are fantastic, up-gradable and not polymer and priced very similar. We sell both models and i would say they sell equally to each other... Beretta does have one benefit over the CZ for people who are not gun people and never heard of CZ.... Beretta is made in Italy (or US) depending on the model and brings with it a certain amount of props for quality and reputation. Cz being made in the Czech Republic does not give the appearance that beretta has  ... When was the last time you thought Czech Republic and I NEED TO OWN THAT.   Of course that thinking is totally wrong when it comes to CZ..  Excellent quality firearm.

I think the reason to choose one over the other would be simple fit in the hand test... Which one feels at home in your hand.

26 minutes ago, remixer said:

I would say the Beretta 92 and the Cz75 are very close in all aspects over all.

Some people do find the 92 grip on the Inox a bit thick since its rubberized, The standard 92 (black) has the plastic grips which are thinner..  In any case there are plenty of aftermarket grips for the 92 as well as the cz75 series.

I love the classic styling of the 92 series (open barrel design etc etc) on the other hand the cz75 is not as Pretty but is quite a looker.  

Regardless if you choose the 75b series of the 92 series you have a winner. both are fantastic, up-gradable and not polymer and priced very similar. We sell both models and i would say they sell equally to each other... Beretta does have one benefit over the CZ for people who are not gun people and never heard of CZ.... Beretta is made in Italy (or US) depending on the model and brings with it a certain amount of props for quality and reputation. Cz being made in the Czech Republic does not give the appearance that beretta has  ... When was the last time you thought Czech Republic and I NEED TO OWN THAT.   Of course that thinking is totally wrong when it comes to CZ..  Excellent quality firearm.

I think the reason to choose one over the other would be simple fit in the hand test... Which one feels at home in your hand.

All good with the rest but disagree on the bolded part.

Hand test is fine... and better than nothing.  Better yet is go find a range that has both available to rent or simply ask a member here and go shoot them.  The guns feel very much different when shooting them. =)

And as to Czech Made.... crystal and china. =)  Czech stuff is quite good with that.

3 minutes ago, Maksim said:

All good with the rest but disagree on the bolded part.

Hand test is fine... and better than nothing.  Better yet is go find a range that has both available to rent or simply ask a member here and go shoot them.  The guns feel very much different when shooting them. =)

And as to Czech Made.... crystal and china. =)  Czech stuff is quite good with that.

Range test is always the best but just not always possible.   If it does not feel right in the hand its not for you.... Just like shoes..  If they both fit then shooting it would make the difference.

Czech Made means very little the majority of people in this country.

When they think Czech they think Strippers, Sausage and Cabbage. :)

As an answer to the OP, I'm more of a Beretta fan than I am of CZ.  I've owned 3 CZ's (75b full size, 75b compact and P07) and sold them all.  I still have an IWI/Jericho Baby Eagle that is a clone.  There was nothing wrong with them but didn't do it for me when I chose what would go to the range with me.  

As for Beretta, here's what in the safe today, and I'm still adding, with the Elite Langdon LTT on the way.

There is no wrong answer - kinda like the blonde/brunette/redhead decision...

IMG_1020.JPG

One of my friends sent this video to me. I am not familiar with this nut, but he is pretty funny...  not for work.  You might want to checkout the one on the Shadow 2.

I prefer having the first and subsequent shots single action so I have a 75B. If you're ok with starting double action the 75BD or the 92 are a toss up. Go with what fits your hand the best.

I got a set of the VZ palm swell grips for my CZ and it points perfectly for me. People with smaller hands may prefer the straight grips. People with larger hands may prefer the 92. YMMV.

• Informative 1

Have both, like both...

I will say, if I have one of the two with a safety... I’ll go CZ. Decock-only... Beretta (or as I now have, S&W 3rd Generation; 1006 is decock only :icon_cool:). Not a fan of the slide mounted safety, nor the position of the decocker on the CZ. Reverse them, I’m good.

Shy of that, really can’t wait for the final move up to ME. All of my Berettas and my CZ are currently single shot.

On 2/9/2019 at 2:25 PM, Maksim said:

Are the comp shooters going for the full size or CZ Compact?  I don’t know much about the CZ model numbers. 

1 hour ago, SW9racer said:

Are the comp shooters going for the full size or CZ Compact?  I don’t know much about the CZ model numbers. 

Full sized Shadow/Shadow2/Tac Sport Orange yadda yadda.  

I'm a CZ fan and would buy more if it weren't for the fact that I've got a bad itch for bolt guns(and Glocks oddly) anymore.  

1 hour ago, SW9racer said:

Full size, way more control.  You want a heavy gun to control recoil.  I compete with a bull shadow 2 which is a heavy barreled shadow 2 essentially, and being around 50oz means it has very little muzzle flip and recoils straight back.

CZ is the bomb, you won't regret any of them.  If you want to compete or just shoot for fun, the triggers with the better potential are the non-decockers of any sort.  Only do a decocker if you want to use it for carry or something, otherwise you're losing feel in the trigger for a feature you don't really need.

bull shadow2.jpg

bull shadow3.jpg

bull shadow1.jpg

Very nice!  Like the blue grips.  I would love to get a CZ 75B matte stainless with blue grips.