JMich3

Used guns websites?

gunbroker is often higher than the mkt.  You'll see things sit for months on end, even longer than a year waiting for the unicorn to buy. 

Then you'll find gunbroker to be cheaper than what various online boards, sites, etc are asking.  Take the sw model 66 for instance.  I've bid on 4 over the past 3 months, only one sold for more than 550 in good/vg condition.  I actually hate when you have less than a minute to go and you bid and the time goes to 15mn.  I usually bail out at that point because the pisses me off.  You go to other sites and you see people asking for more. 

mkt is crazy right now.  Garands is another one.  private sellers have a much higher view of their value that what they are selling for in multiple places.   ARs is interesting, we're off the lows and prices and rising

armslist is not bad if not dealing with the scammers.  gunsamerica never used.  if looking for a colt, go to colt forums and look and post a wtb ad....best bet

• Agree 1

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=175623

https://www.coltforum.com/forums/photos-area/37827-show-us-your-police-company-marked-revolvers-3.html

start with those two forums, join and begin the search.  prices ranges on these from low 300s to over 1k but the meat are sub 500

1 minute ago, myhatinthering said:

gunbroker is often higher than the mkt.  You'll see things sit for months on end, even longer than a year waiting for the unicorn to buy. 

Then you'll find gunbroker to be cheaper than what various online boards, sites, etc are asking.  Take the sw model 66 for instance.  I've bid on 4 over the past 3 months, only one sold for more than 550 in good/vg condition.  I actually hate when you have less than a minute to go and you bid and the time goes to 15mn.  I usually bail out at that point because the pisses me off.  You go to other sites and you see people asking for more. 

mkt is crazy right now.  Garands is another one.  private sellers have a much higher view of their value that what they are selling for in multiple places.   ARs is interesting, we're off the lows and prices and rising

armslist is not bad if not dealing with the scammers.  gunsamerica never used.  if looking for a colt, go to colt forums and look and post a wtb ad....best bet

Where do you see this?  I still see a glut of dirt cheap ARs hitting the market with $500 or less for new Sports, etc.  Maybe some higher end guns?  Or simply seasonal effect.

My best place to search is forums like NJGF and others... do a google search for "WTS" + Model  such as "WTS P30L"  and you will usually find some forum results.

But the other one, is simply make relationships with our vendors who see LOTS of guns walk through the doors.  Let them know what you are looking for used and you will get messages or phone calls when it comes in.

Finally as someone else said... gun auctions that are live.  Such as @sunriseantiques in Jackson, and a few others in PA.  Typically every 2 months or so.  Some of the prices may be totally nuts, OR a different option the prices may be stupid low.  Really depends on the turn out and the bidding frenzy.

To give you a for instance, last auction picked up an essentially unfired VEPR K 2 7.62x39 that was a Robinson Arms import for under $1k.... which is a $1,500 gun all day long.   A friend picked up a Remingon 1911 enhanced with threaded barrel for a can for around $400.

On the flip side, some real Russian bakelite mags went for insane money and so did some Garands. 

30 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Where do you see this?  I still see a glut of dirt cheap ARs hitting the market with $500 or less for new Sports, etc.  Maybe some higher end guns?  Or simply seasonal effect.

My best place to search is forums like NJGF and others... do a google search for "WTS" + Model  such as "WTS P30L"  and you will usually find some forum results.

But the other one, is simply make relationships with our vendors who see LOTS of guns walk through the doors.  Let them know what you are looking for used and you will get messages or phone calls when it comes in.

Finally as someone else said... gun auctions that are live.  Such as @sunriseantiques in Jackson, and a few others in PA.  Typically every 2 months or so.  Some of the prices may be totally nuts, OR a different option the prices may be stupid low.  Really depends on the turn out and the bidding frenzy.

To give you a for instance, last auction picked up an essentially unfired VEPR K 2 7.62x39 that was a Robinson Arms import for under $1k.... which is a $1,500 gun all day long.   A friend picked up a Remingon 1911 enhanced with threaded barrel for a can for around $400.

On the flip side, some real Russian bakelite mags went for insane money and so did some Garands. 

will check out sunriseantiques

ARs are definitely off the lows (really the only solid mkt doing so)

Ruger and sw m&ps were around 400 for a good while and now both mid 500s with occasional sale at 500.  solidly so and these are the most popular two 'lower end' makes.  Not that I think they are lower end

Colt oem was selling for 670 and now 100 more.  Hell, new 6920s are at 900 after being down to sub 800 mark.  FN is up as well.  You can see the past deals on gun.deals to see the flow as well.  LWRC was selling the DI for sub 1k and now 1300.  I could go on but unless you are buying the garbage psa is peddling, you are paying more for an AR today than you were a year ago

AKs are definitely up as I've starting dipping the toes in that water to see what the fuss is about..lol

Garands DEFINITELY lower and with CMP selling service grades at 750, you gotta have your head examined to pay much more unless looking specific serial range and parts.  Even service IHC is sub 1k.  Cabelas just had 2 winnies for sub 900 in the library.

Revolvers are softening which is nice, even the mighty python is coming off it's highs.  Semi autos are cheaper today than 2 yrs ago

Every Friday at 10 AM (sharp) Tanner's in Jamison PA posts their week's used acquisitions on Facebook.  Some interesting stuff at good prices.

https://www.facebook.com/TannersSportCenter/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARCfC2gKJ6DxmI40TCtPYXRCVZh_PPQ2laIh-mjo87M-ljtKLL7CHNOu_LqWH1bSwzgP7FQcw1OopRdN

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, myhatinthering said:

will check out sunriseantiques

ARs are definitely off the lows (really the only solid mkt doing so)

Ruger and sw m&ps were around 400 for a good while and now both mid 500s with occasional sale at 500.  solidly so and these are the most popular two 'lower end' makes.  Not that I think they are lower end

Colt oem was selling for 670 and now 100 more.  Hell, new 6920s are at 900 after being down to sub 800 mark.  FN is up as well.  You can see the past deals on gun.deals to see the flow as well.  LWRC was selling the DI for sub 1k and now 1300.  I could go on but unless you are buying the garbage psa is peddling, you are paying more for an AR today than you were a year ago

AKs are definitely up as I've starting dipping the toes in that water to see what the fuss is about..lol

Garands DEFINITELY lower and with CMP selling service grades at 750, you gotta have your head examined to pay much more unless looking specific serial range and parts.  Even service IHC is sub 1k.  Cabelas just had 2 winnies for sub 900 in the library.

Revolvers are softening which is nice, even the mighty python is coming off it's highs.  Semi autos are cheaper today than 2 yrs ago

Ok, the ARs I am following are still the same price.  Feel free to PM and can discuss offline,  but for the mainstream models I follow, have not see that bump.  Off of the lows a little bit?  Yes.

Overall though, long gun sales are at decade lows... even with the parkland shooting.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4238787-nics-wrapping-2018-starting-2019

Confirmed by Excise tax data, and the mfrs execs and distributors with whom I have direct contact.

No clue on Garands but glad to hear... need to pick up one. lol. 

AK is a whole different world, thanks to the import ban of ALL Russian AKs now. 

2 hours ago, W2MC said:

Every Friday at 10 AM (sharp) Tanner's in Jamison PA posts their week's used acquisitions on Facebook.  Some interesting stuff at good prices.

https://www.facebook.com/TannersSportCenter/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARCfC2gKJ6DxmI40TCtPYXRCVZh_PPQ2laIh-mjo87M-ljtKLL7CHNOu_LqWH1bSwzgP7FQcw1OopRdN

very cool thanks

I just used GunsAmerica for a used gun.  I emailed an FFL in Yuma Arizona and they responded the same day.  I bought the gun and it shipped the same day.  I will not hesitate to use them again.

• Thanks 1