Sniper

Hope you Dudes in North Jersey have Gas for your Snow Blowers and Generators Tonight

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ
330 PM EST Mon Feb 11 2019

NJZ007-008-PAZ062-121100-
/O.UPG.KPHI.WW.Y.0009.190212T0500Z-190213T0600Z/
/O.NEW.KPHI.WS.W.0004.190211T2300Z-190213T0500Z/
Warren-Morris-Northampton-
Including the cities of Washington, Morristown, Bethlehem,
and Easton
330 PM EST Mon Feb 11 2019

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST TUESDAY
NIGHT...

* WHAT...Heavy mixed precipitation expected. Total snow
  accumulations of 4 to 6 inches and ice accumulations of one
  tenth to two tenths of an inch expected.

* WHERE...In New Jersey, Warren and Morris counties. In
  Pennsylvania, Northampton county.

* WHEN...Until midnight EST Tuesday night.

• Like 1

I reminded myself to bring the empty gas container with me to work up until almost right before I walked out the door. Something shiny and oh look a deer. Heading to Home Depot now to get a gas container. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

Holy crap, I can't believe how everyone in this area goes to pieces when we get a few inches of snow!

So true! Last week we got 12" of powder snow up here and the schools only had a 2 hour delay. 

5 minutes ago, fishnut said:

So true! Last week we got 12" of powder snow up here and the schools only had a 2 hour delay. 

And that was only so the kids could get first tracks. 

23 minutes ago, 10X said:

And that was only so the kids could get first tracks. 

Nope, I got first tracks as they were getting ready for school. The kids up here are lucky though 1st grade through 8th they all get a half day once a week and they go to the mountian to ski/ride. Then once they get to high school if they join any of the ski teams they get to spend mondays at the mountian for practice. I'm super jealous......

2 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I reminded myself to bring the empty gas container with me to work up until almost right before I walked out the door. Something shiny and oh look a deer. Heading to Home Depot now to get a gas container. :rolleyes:

Been there, done that!

8 minutes ago, sota said:

we'll get 4-ish hours of snow, 2 hours of sleet, then  a couple billion gallons of rain.

Here's to polluting the waterways with all that municipal salt!

That's why we need a rain tax! <_<

It's not the snow, it's the ice.

In my town, we generally don't care unless it's six inches or more.    1/4 inch of ice and you've got my attention.

I'd much prefer a 24" storm.  We've not had one of those in a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sota said:

we'll get 4-ish hours of snow, 2 hours of sleet, then  a couple billion gallons of rain.

Here's to polluting the waterways with all that municipal salt!

The governor is getting aroused just thinking about how much he can spend on new publics work projects, building desalinization plants for our freshwater reservoirs, lakes, and rivers.

Somewhere along the way everyone became pansy asses.   I grew up here in North Jersey... I remember standing waiting for the school bus, while it was snowing, in my snow boots standing in 4-6 inches of snow and still went to school.   now we get the potential for a inch of snow and school is called off.   I just dont get it.

19 minutes ago, Lakota said:

Somewhere along the way everyone became pansy asses.   I grew up here in North Jersey... I remember standing waiting for the school bus, while it was snowing, in my snow boots standing in 4-6 inches of snow and still went to school.  

School bus?!  You had it easy. I remember being 7, had to walk 3 blocks to school, trudging through unshoveled sidewalks with the snow coming over the tops of my crappy rubber boots soaking my socks. 

11 hours ago, sota said:

we ain't gonna see poop.

10 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

No you won't. It will be buried in snow. :p

Ahh, Ha Ha Ha ha ...

and that's exactly what happened. There were like two piles I didn't get before the snow came, now, it's walk carefully until the snow melts..

39 minutes ago, SW9racer said:

School bus?!  You had it easy. I remember being 7, had to walk 3 blocks to school, trudging through unshoveled sidewalks with the snow coming over the tops of my crappy rubber boots soaking my socks. 

3 blocks away lol?   I had to walk that just to get to the bus stop.   Elementary school was 1 mile away, middle school was 6 miles away and high school was 4 miles away.

Either way ... we had it easier than our parents.. and the kids today have it even easier than we did.  My father still drops the old fun line that when he was a kid he had to walk 4 miles to school in the snow up hill both directions lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lakota said:

Somewhere along the way everyone became pansy asses.   

Exactly what happened today, all state offices closed... what a bunch of creampuff Snowflakes... all for a couple of inches of snow, state workers get a vacation day.

StormTotalSnowWeb.png

1 hour ago, Lakota said:

Somewhere along the way everyone became pansy asses.   I grew up here in North Jersey... I remember standing waiting for the school bus, while it was snowing, in my snow boots standing in 4-6 inches of snow and still went to school.   now we get the potential for a inch of snow and school is called off.   I just dont get it.

2thlje.jpg

11 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Exactly what happened today, all state offices closed... what a bunch of creampuff Snowflakes... all for a couple of inches of snow, state workers get a vacation day.

StormTotalSnowWeb.png

Unless things have changed in Trenton, today was a state holiday, Lincoln's Birthday, so they had the day off anyway.

27 minutes ago, dilbert1967 said:

Unless things have changed in Trenton, today was a state holiday, Lincoln's Birthday, so they had the day off anyway.

18 Feb is the state holiday, today is a State of Emergency. this is from the state website The people in upstate NY and the NE area must think jersey people are a bunch of babies. But then again listening to 101.5 (radio) a short while ago lots of folks are paying bumper cars out there so there's that...

SOE.thumb.JPG.5f7c3fb31b6bf1c0b2096e33aa347b17.JPG