Sniper

Hope you Dudes in North Jersey have Gas for your Snow Blowers and Generators Tonight

It changed over to rain with it being 32 degrees out. I got home around 1130 and my driveway looked like a luge track. I had to stomp through the ice layer to walk up my driveway as the Subie couldn't make it up the hill. Can't wait for tomorrow morning! :blink:

On 2/12/2019 at 8:07 AM, Handyman said:

After that, it's only a matter of time until the oxygen tax. I've been training myself to lower my respiratory rate in preparation.

Eat a lot of beans and learn how to process it into oxygen. Self efficient and endless air... :yahoo:

4 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Shoveled out and salted at around 2:30-3:30.  Definitely glad I laid the salt down - the cars had a layer of ice on them.

Where are you in Bridgewater??? Must be on top of the ridge or something. Snow down here in the low lands barely covered the grass! image.thumb.png.606a0da8a457240d977cbdbc6d636f7d.png

Just now, SmittyMHS said:

Where are you in Bridgewater??? Must be on top of the ridge or something. Snow down here in the low lands barely covered the grass! 

Finderne section.  Just checked my cameras - a lot of it is melted now.  The unpaved area of the driveway were still snow and ice covered.  I salted the driveway otherwise it would have been a frozen mess this morning when I left early.

3 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Finderne section.  Just checked my cameras - a lot of it is melted now.  The unpaved area of the driveway were still snow and ice covered.  I salted the driveway otherwise it would have been a frozen mess this morning when I left early.

It is a slushy mess now. But temps not going down enuff to worry about it.

Everything at my place was crusted over with ice on top of 3 inches of snow and sleet.  It took me 15 minutes to get the car cleared off.  Had to take a run at it on Canistear road on the way home yesterday to get up the hill past the range.  There was a van stuck on the hill, couldn't move forward.   It's a 20% grade at one point and the poorly prepared don't make it.