Sniper

Military VET’s Dog Named “Donald Trump” Shot Dead

I have ZERO tolerance for dirt bags that do this type of stuff to helpless animals. ZERO.

This scumbag is lucky I don't live in that area.

The owner cannot disclose the person who did it, but someone else has on another page. “Public record: Dog killer, Joe Nielson,
82559 415 Ave.
Lakefield, MN
Phone (507) 840-2100.
"Evil Lives Here".

Please help us raise money for Randall Thom who’s dog was shot to death because he’s named “Donald Trump”. The pup was found in a field on February 10, 2019 and had suffered fatal wounds that included four on his legs, right shoulder and two on his back.

The neighbor who shot the dog knew Randall was not home and was protesting the Amy Klobuchar event 3 hours away. Donald Trump lay shot and bled out and then froze to death all alone in a nearby farmers field. There is a police report on file.

Randall is our presidents greatest supporter and has been to over 40 rallies and the founding member of the world famous Front Row Joes.

Donald Trump will be taken to Jackson River Edge Veterinary clinic for cremation arrangements by Dr Carr, located in Jackson Minnesota.

https://www.gofundme.com/military-vets-dog-named-donald-trump-shot-dead

husky2.jpg

• Sad 1

Try as I may, I cannot find one actual news article on this story.  There are a few  references on fb, conservative blogs and forums, but that's it.  The only actual news I found on Randall Thom is related to him being one of the "front row Joe's" at Trump rallies and his arrest last month at a Warren rally.  There are other official records regarding Thom and his dogs.

On the MN judicial branch website, there are several records showing he was convicted of letting his dogs run loose on nearby farms where they killed livestock, from chickens to cattle.

It pains me to speak ill of any veteran, but this guy has a spotty record.  Though it was a while ago, he was busted for selling drugs and getting into fights.

I had to dig deep to find even these tidbits, and I cannot say it's all 100% correct, but the convictions on record are about as factual as one can get.

Based on the very thin info, I can only guess that the four legged DJT got loose and was roaming free on a cattle pasture.  From what I've read about how farmers deal with free roaming dogs on their property, they are looked upon (and dealt with) the same as wolves and coyotes.

In any case, it's a sad story for the dog.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

4 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

but there's this one. it insinuates no charges......

I doubt there will be charges.  Thom is responsible for letting his dogs run at large and killing neighboring farmer's livestock.  The person responsible for the death of that poor dog is Thom himself.  Farmers will not put up with any animal that kills their livestock. 

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Thom is responsible for letting his dogs run at large and killing neighboring farmer's livestock.  The person responsible for the death of that poor dog is Thom himself.  Farmers will not put up with any animal that kills their livestock. 

That could be the truth. But, come on, the neighbors know who's dogs they are. That's pretty radical to shoot your neighbor's dog 5 times. There are better ways to handle that. There's other ways to scare dogs away without killing them.

Plus, how do they know it was THIS dog killing the livestock? Domestic Husky's aren't traditional hunters, like other breeds. Also, This guy was raising Service Dogs, not hunting dogs.

19 minutes ago, Sniper said:

how do they know it was THIS dog killing the livestock? Domestic Husky's aren't traditional hunters,

Thom has a track record of his dogs running wild and killing livestock.  In fact, he was prosecuted and found guilty of it.

The dogs Thom breeds are Malamutes, which are very similar to Huskies.  Malamutes are renowned for being excellent hunting dogs and are used for hunting moose.

What we have here are two stories.  One of a Trump supporting USMC vet who breeds service dogs and another of a person with a drug dealing past who runs a puppy mill.  Both sides are going to try and spin the narrative.  I cannot ignore the facts simply because I'm a Trump supporting Republican. 

As much as I'd like to believe this was politically motivated and pin it on the insane left, it's simply not true.  Thom did not keep his dogs safe and he let them run loose where their natural hunting instincts kicked in.  That made the dog(s) legitimate targets of cattle farmers.

It sucks, there is no good reason that poor dog had to get shot dead.  You can't blame a dog for being a dog but you can blame an owner for letting a dogs run amok where they are killing the neighbor's livestock.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Thom has a track record of his dogs running wild and killing livestock.  In fact, he was prosecuted and found guilty of it.

The dogs Thom breeds are Malamutes, which are very similar to Huskies.  Malamutes are renowned for being excellent hunting dogs and are used for hunting moose.

What we have here are two stories.  One of a Trump supporting USMC vet who breeds service dogs and another of a person with a drug dealing past who runs a puppy mill.  Both sides are going to try and spin the narrative.  I cannot ignore the facts simply because I'm a Trump supporting Republican. 

As much as I'd like to believe this was politically motivated and pin it on the insane left, it's simply not true.  Thom did not keep his dogs safe and he let them run loose where their natural hunting instincts kicked in.  That made the dog(s) legitimate targets of cattle farmers.

It sucks, there is no good reason that poor dog had to get shot dead.  You can't blame a dog for being a dog but you can blame an owner for letting a dogs run amok where they are killing the neighbor's livestock.

5 shots is not killing a predator dog. 5 shots is emotional, angry, purposeful and a farmer is not doing so unless there is more behind it

8 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Figured it was a 22lr or shorts with 5 shots in him. Howard this has to bug you.  Looking at photo.  This fucker hit him in the legs a few times first.  What a dick. 

This was more than defending livestock

based on lack of actual news stories this is looking less and less like the guy being an asshole and more and more like the guy keeping his livestock alive.

also...i doubt the guy deliberately shot the dog in the legs. he probably just sucked

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

based on lack of actual news stories this is looking less and less like the guy being an asshole and more and more like the guy keeping his livestock alive.

also...i doubt the guy deliberately shot the dog in the legs. he probably just sucked

This is how I'm leaning as well.

I love animals.  I love my wife.

My wife was mauled by a neighbor's dog.

Which side do you think I line up on?

If a stray dog is on my property and I've been loosing livestock, there's only one solution if the owner is irresponsible.

Five shots?  Ever shoot at a dog or coyote on the run?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

That's probably true, from your article link above:

...." Neighbors have lodged 14 complaints about Thom's dogs running loose, killing animals and attacking a person, according to the sheriff. Thom was convicted on a petty misdemeanor of "dogs and cats at large" in 2015, according to Minnesota court records. "

So, it looks like it wasn't a one-off situation, plus we don't know how many times the neighbors talked to him about the problem off the record. Huskys and Malamutes are major "wanderers", and are tough to keep close by on your property. I don't think they are normally "killers" but they can definitely harass and chase other animals.

I had a Husky in the past, and a occasional racoon would wander into the backyard. He would tighten them up and send the racoon packing in short notice.

When my Husky would sneak out, he was one directional, forward, and wouldn't come back until I found him.

2 hours ago, Old School said:

I love animals.  I love my wife.

My wife was mauled by a neighbor's dog.

Which side do you think I line up on?

If a stray dog is on my property and I've been loosing livestock, there's only one solution if the owner is irresponsible.

Five shots?  Ever shoot at a dog or coyote on the run?

if you need 5 shots to hit a coyote on the run then you need to practice more before aiming at a living animal.  I say that respectfully and having gone 'yote' shooting.  I fully appreciate the nuisance that predator animals can have on livestock however, 5 shots is extreme

seems like he was not the most enlightened or respectful owner however, 5 shots is extreme and there is 'anger' in that shooting number.

I've hit a running coyote, 80yards, just bottom right of the rib cage and dropped him but he wasn't dead.  I had to give a mercy shot up close.  That's two and this was on a ranch that lost livestock.  Anymore than 2 and you are not responsible and not conducting yourself in an honorable hunting fashion. 

5 fking shots means that the shooter enjoyed it, had resentment, anger, revenge in his shooting.   If he didn't, he doesn't belong behind the trigger

• Disagree 1

Most states including NJ have laws that allow livestock owners to shoot any animal harassing their livestock. NJ included, as long as the dog is actively harassing or attacking you are allowed to shoot the dog. 

If the owner had followed the law and kept his dog on his own property the dog would still be alive. Plain and simple. The dog owner definitely knew the laws pertaining to allowing his dog to run at large as he has already been prosecuted for it in the past. I would not be surprised if the dog owner gets charged with animal cruelty for allowing him is dog to run at large which resulted in the dogs death. 

The fact that the dog owner is a veteran, the dogs name is Donald Trump, and the shooter was anti trump have nothing to do with this. And doxing this shooter for following the law is childish and something I would expect liberals to do.

1 minute ago, fishnut said:

Most states including NJ have laws that allow livestock owners to shoot any animal harassing their livestock. NJ included, as long as the dog is actively harassing or attacking you are allowed to shoot the dog. 

If the owner had followed the law and kept his dog on his own property the dog would still be alive. Plain and simple. The dog owner definitely knew the laws pertaining to allowing his dog to run at large as he has already been prosecuted for it in the past. I would not be surprised if the dog owner gets charged with animal cruelty for allowing him is dog to run at large which resulted in the dogs death. 

The fact that the dog owner is a veteran, the dogs name is Donald Trump, and the shooter was anti trump have nothing to do with this. And doxing this shooter for following the law is childish and something I would expect liberals to do.

don't disagree with this except for the last part

5 shots to you is not excessive?  That doesn't wreak of something else?  Sorry, not buying that but fully appreciate it's what you can prove vs what you think

1 minute ago, myhatinthering said:

5 shots to you is not excessive?  That doesn't wreak of something else?  Sorry, not buying that but fully appreciate it's what you can prove vs what you think

I dont have enough info to comment on that. How far was the shot? Was the dog moving? What caliber gun was used? Was it a long gun or hand gun? Iron sights or optics? 

Just to play devil's advocate imaging the dog was moving at 100 yards and the shooter had a .22lr revolver. Can you hit a moving animal and kill it clean with a 22 revolver at 100 yards. I cant

40 minutes ago, fishnut said:

I dont have enough info to comment on that. How far was the shot? Was the dog moving? What caliber gun was used? Was it a long gun or hand gun? Iron sights or optics? 

Just to play devil's advocate imaging the dog was moving at 100 yards and the shooter had a .22lr revolver. Can you hit a moving animal and kill it clean with a 22 revolver at 100 yards. I cant

I already discussed one of my coyote shots earlier but shooting a dog sized animal with a 22 at a hundred yards is unethical. Shooting with a pistol is even worse. And this guy was on a farm with livestock I doubt he's using a pistol he was most likely using a rifle. Either way nothing I have said do I believe to be wrong. You don't shoot a dog sized animal with a 22 at a hundred yards. I doubt that this is what happened there is more to this it  and a moving dog running at 30 miles an hour how many shots did he shoot the even hit it five times? I just know there's more to this

3 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

if you need 5 shots to hit a coyote on the run then you need to practice more before aiming at a living animal.  I say that respectfully and having gone 'yote' shooting.  I fully appreciate the nuisance that predator animals can have on livestock however, 5 shots is extreme

Look!  There was mention of a 22lr.  Dog sized game w/ a 22lr and a body shot even the heart is many times a pass through with little effect until the hemorrhaging starts.  I've dispatched big feral cats with  CCI Mini Mags HP head shots and even after they're down they're kicking.  So body shots?  When you were hunting coy I'm sure you weren't using a 22lr and were they running?

And BTW 22lr HPs were a pass through.

Not arguing just giving you my experience.

23 minutes ago, Old School said:

Look!  There was mention of a 22lr.  Dog sized game w/ a 22lr and a body shot even the heart is many times a pass through with little effect until the hemorrhaging starts.  I've dispatched big feral cats with  CCI Mini Mags HP head shots and even after they're down they're kicking.  So body shots?  When you were hunting coy I'm sure you weren't using a 22lr and were they running?

And BTW 22lr HPs were a pass through.

Not arguing just giving you my experience.

All good my friend  and unfortunately, tone does not come through in a message board like this. If what I'm writing sounds harsh at times it's not

2 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

You are judging it form your perspective. I've been waiting in line at a gun store listening to someone proud they got their deer in four shots. I'm pretty sure they weren't full of rage at the deer. Just a shitty and ignorantly unethical hunter. 

The incompetent don't know their limitations and love to exceed them and call it success. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

2 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

You don't shoot a dog sized animal with a 22 at a hundred yards.

If you're looking to stop a dog sized animal running in a field, a 22 shouldn't be the choice, period. The odds are you'll wound it, instead of kill it, unless you get a lucky shot to a vital organ.