SJG

Glock Gen 6

Well, i hope they lose that flashy slide in the 43X and 48.  I say no more shitty, plastic sites, a full rail as pointed out above, the option of rough texture or not...

The Glock Gen 6 will be a Smith & Wesson M&P 3.0.

47 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Well, i hope they lose that flashy slide in the 43X and 48.  I say no more shitty, plastic sites, a full rail as pointed out above, the option of rough texture or not...

I think the big thing will be modularity.... but then of course that will kill the entire Glock business model. lol. 

4 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

How about skip a Gen 6 model and expand your market.  The one-trick poney ride won't last forever, just ask Colt.

How so?

Glock owns the market and what they are doing works.  They are the Apple of the gun world.  They can put their name on a pile of garbage and fan boys will line up to buy it.

What Glock has is an eco system.  Just as you can buy the iOS experience on iphones, ipads, etc... Glock offers you the Glock experience in a myriad of options and calibers.

While major manufacturers have been suffering the past few years, Glock had their second best year financially in 2018.

With the 43x and 48... 2019 should be no different.

IF Glock launches modular Gen 6... the Sig 320 fan boys will be lining up to buy Glock.

Colt's problem was they were driven by Wall St and failed to innovate.  That is NOT the case with Glock.  

20 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Pssh... I like the two tone.

So do I, when it is an OPTION.  Glock likes to force its hand too much.  It wouldn't have come out with the 43x and 48 if it wasn't hurting by the other single-stack 9s.  

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

How so?

Glock owns the market and what they are doing works.  They are the Apple of the gun world.  They can put their name on a pile of garbage and fan boys will line up to buy it.

What Glock has is an eco system.  Just as you can buy the iOS experience on iphones, ipads, etc... Glock offers you the Glock experience in a myriad of options and calibers.

While major manufacturers have been suffering the past few years, Glock had their second best year financially in 2018.

With the 43x and 48... 2019 should be no different.

IF Glock launches modular Gen 6... the Sig 320 fan boys will be lining up to buy Glock.

Colt's problem was they were driven by Wall St and failed to innovate.  That is NOT the case with Glock.  

They might still have the market, but Glock is losing shares.   They are slow to move on trends of what their customers are looking for.  It is true they have expanded and all, but their overall market share (footprint) is smaller due to all of the competition.  They put out a good product, but so do many others.   They need more than just their Golden Name.   The fanboy base is still there, but it is shrinking as new people are branching out. If there were equivalent models to Glocks in say Smith & Wesson M&P, then I would rather have the Smith.  For example, now that the Smith Triggers are better, I would much rather have a S&W M&P 2.0  Compact than a Glock 19 GEN whatever.  It has better ergonomics, arguably I feel a better tirgger, better stock sights, stainless slide, Metal support in the frame, solid audible reset, and did I mention ergonomics.  Perhaps its only negative for me is the hinged trigger. But I don't like the Glock trigger, either.  And, I can use and deal with both.  Oh, and the new ones don't have that spongy trigger and the reset is on par with the Glock.   I imagine you could do this kind of analysis with other brands, I'm just not as familiar.   Glocks are special, albiet soul-less pistols. And they have paved the way for others, but competition is coming on strong...  Perhaps good for us by providing choices, but bad for the King.  The King in the past has only seemed to adapt when it needed to.  In my opinion Glock could have won the US military contract, easily, if it wasn't based on politics, and if Glock had been flexible enough to give what its customers truly wanted.  

Why on Earth would Glock limit its two new shiny stars to that silvery finish?  Unless they wanted to sell a ton and then release black-slided models later on which the fanboys will just have to have?  It doesn't make sense unless the new finish is cheaper to implement, or that much better (which I doubt).  

Glock only innovates when its hand is somewhat forced.   True, it can, though.  But it will have less impact as it loses more market shares to others.  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Underdog said:

They might still have the market, but Glock is losing shares.   They are slow to move on trends of what their customers are looking for.  It is true they have expanded and all, but their overall market share (footprint) is smaller due to all of the competition.  They put out a good product, but so do many others.   They need more than just their Golden Name.  

@Ray Ray jus found his new beste

7 minutes ago, Underdog said:

They might still have the market, but Glock is losing shares.   They are slow to move on trends of what their customers are looking for.  It is true they have expanded and all, but their overall market share (footprint) is smaller due to all of the competition.  They put out a good product, but so do many others.   They need more than just their Golden Name.  

You are wrong.  Glock has picked up market share. (based on my own numbers but was subtly confirmed by them.)

Sig has picked up share, but it was largely at expense of Smith Wesson. 

While the majority of companies had really crappy years, Glock had their second best year YET!

@Underdog and believe me, I am not a Glock fanboy (gun wise)... BUT believe me when I tell you that large gun companies WISH to be Glock but with their legacy costs and reputation, cannot get there.

Sig is attempting to do it, but they are burning through A LOT of cash and plenty of stuff behind the scenes there.  While they are growing their sales massively, the profits are not where they are supposed to be. (or so I am told)  Sig is private so they do not release numbers. But the gun industry is a very small community but the CEOs I talk with have confirmed.

But Sig for example seems to be hurting in the quality control department.  That will hurt them.

Take Beretta for example... they ran on their government contract and didn't worry about innovation.  Now that the 92 is out, they will be floundering around trying to get market shares.  They Nano and all of those other guns never really took off.  They waited too long and really didn't listen to the customers.  

That is why Ruger does relatively well.  They just put out as much variety as they can.  Ruger's problem is that other than their 22 legacies, they really make a lot of quality crap.  Bad triggers, etc.  They deliver the innovation, but they never quite get it right in many ways.  

10 minutes ago, Maksim said:

@Underdog and believe me, I am not a Glock fanboy (gun wise)... BUT believe me when I tell you that large gun companies WISH to be Glock but with their legacy costs and reputation, cannot get there.

Sig is attempting to do it, but they are burning through A LOT of cash and plenty of stuff behind the scenes there.  While they are growing their sales massively, the profits are not where they are supposed to be. (or so I am told)  Sig is private so they do not release numbers. But the gun industry is a very small community but the CEOs I talk with have confirmed.

I call bs you talk with sigs CEO

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I call bs you talk with sigs CEO

Sig is the one company with whom I did not meet the C-Suite... we can talk offline but the people that know have all mentioned it. 

Sig is heavily investing in branding, marketing... but as we know,  it is not all about the revenue but the profits. 

• Informative 1

13 minutes ago, Underdog said:

But Sig for example seems to be hurting in the quality control department.  That will hurt them.

Take Beretta for example... they ran on their government contract and didn't worry about innovation.  Now that the 92 is out, they will be floundering around trying to get market shares.  They Nano and all of those other guns never really took off.  They waited too long and really didn't listen to the customers.  

That is why Ruger does relatively well.  They just put out as much variety as they can.  Ruger's problem is that other than their 22 legacies, they really make a lot of quality crap.  Bad triggers, etc.  They deliver the innovation, but they never quite get it right in many ways.  

That has been the general consensus since they moved most production to the states and their new owners were a private equity firm.  

Beretta though is largely a long gun company.  The Beretta PX3 was quite innovative (rotating barrel) but too space gun looking.  But Beretta just did not know what they wanted to be.

Ruger is doing well not because of guns, but because they are run conservatively.  Products are crap in many regards but they were designed to be that way.  They were designed to be cheap.  Ruger is very good at what they do, they are a manufacturing company.  The Gun people in the company are often over ruled.  Things are slowly changing but don't expect Ruger to be a leader or innovative.

The Ruger RPR is a very good gun, but copied quite quickly by S&W/TC.

Ruger is a very good Value brand and you get superb value with the guns. 

1 minute ago, Maksim said:

Sig is the one company with whom I did not meat the C-Suite... we can talk offline but the people that know have all mentioned it. 

Sig is heavily investing in branding, marketing... but as we know,  it is not all about the revenue but the profits. 

Glock needs to diversify, the modular thing was the big government test.

Colt said guberment main, fail

Glock says bold new graphics and let’s be like Nike.

Others balance. 

And, Glock makes good stuff.. not a hater. But all they make is handguns. 

Just now, Zeke said:

Glock needs to diversify, the modular thing was the big government test.

Colt said guberment main, fail

Glock says bold new graphics and let’s be like Nike.

Others balance. 

And, Glock makes good stuff.. not a hater. But all they make is handguns. 

Glock did not win the government deal because the Sig was a better gun.  Will leave it at that.  Again, lots of stuff behind the scenes.

Colt's issue is not the guns, but rather their private equity owners. (who also thought their 1 large customer was safe).

Glock will expand WHEN they need to.  They are private and have zero need to.  In either case, the handgun markets are much larger than long guns and that is where their expertise is.

Glock sits on MASSIVE margins that no one else can come close to.

If Glock goes into long guns, those margins are gone.  Simply put, Glock does not need to do anything beyond what they are doing now. 

1 minute ago, Maksim said:

Glock did not win the government deal because the Sig was a better gun.  Will leave it at that.  Again, lots of stuff behind the scenes.

Colt's issue is not the guns, but rather their private equity owners. (who also thought their 1 large customer was safe).

Glock will expand WHEN they need to.  They are private and have zero need to.  In either case, the handgun markets are much larger than long guns and that is where their expertise is.

If Glock goes into long guns, those margins are gone.  Simply put, Glock does not need to do anything beyond what they are doing now. 

The money in the bank only lasts so long. And if sig won because it’s “ jus better “ as you say, then word will spread.

1911 addiction

92 addiction ( m 9?)

320 addiction ( m 17? Dunno, don’t keep up)

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

This is pretty accurate info and jives with what I know and have been told - especially regarding the military contract. Sig won because they priced the M17 so low that they are taking a loss on the guns. They hope the note rusty of being selected gives them a huge jump in the LEO and civilian market. 

Colt is a disaster - their QC is taking a shit as is the CS and they were forced to share the TDP with FN. FN is now making an excellent AR now for a very good price and have the .gov on a sweetheart of a contract. FN is slowly taking over all of Colts business. Their civilian rifles are top notch and the quality is high. They make the TDP rifles and the civilian guns on the same assembly line.

As for Glock Inc - Keep in mind - Glock already makes more than pistols and they make it for the rest of the world, not just USA. 

Example, do you guys know they make disposable polymer suppressors that go for almost nothing? They don’t sell them here because they way cost less that the Tax Stamp you would need to get one and only last hundred rounds or so. Foreign militaries and civilized countries that see suppressors as safety equipment instead of assassin equipment love them.

Not a photoshopped photo:

cDwycyf.jpg

I’d love to see Glock design, manufacture, and market a carbine. I’d like to see their take on it, but it’s not something that will help their bottom line right now so why would they do it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry @Maksim, Glock can do so much more.  I mean, their 43 isn't even in the top 5 single stack 9mms in regards to cost over product yet they sell a ton. 

Hand a glocktard a carbine in 9mm with Smyrna, Georgia written on the reveiver and dudes will cream themselves.

Give a glock fanboy a 22 caliber pistol and watch the dough flow. 

Show those fools a 556 rifle with the "G" emblem and count the paper.

• Agree 1

Just now, Ray Ray said:

Sorry @Maksim, Glock can do so much more.  I mean, their 43 isn't even in the top 5 in regards to cost over product yet they sell a ton. 

Hand a glocktard a carbine in 9mm with Smyrna, Georgia written on the reveiver and dudes will cream themselves.

Give a glock fanboy a 22 caliber pistol and watch the dough flow. 

Show those fools a 556 rifle with the "G" emblem and count the paper.

Yes, they can... and they will... over time. 

People have only so much money to spend every year on guns.  You just don't shoot off all your fireworks at once... you space it out. 

But when you can get a decent AR for $500... there is simply not enough money there, especially for a new company who would need to get all new tooling, etc.

A 22lr would be very easy to make... but there is just soo much more Glock can do without having to take on massive investments to generate cash.  Now that Gaston's divorce is more or less done, I suspect there will be quite a bit more investment and new products. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1