SJG

Glock Gen 6

Glock's market model is some what genius. Their pistols are stupid simple, reliable and cheap enough to purchase....AND upgradeable.. THEN they have generational updates every so often... so your customers will always be looking to get the update.

The only reason IMO glock had a record setting year was due to the Gen 5 release, among other releases in the line up. 

No other company that I know of has this marketing model.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Glock's market model is some what genius. Their pistols are stupid simple, reliable and cheap enough to purchase....AND upgradeable.. THEN they have generational updates every so often... so your customers will always be looking to get the update.

The only reason IMO glock had a record setting year was due to the Gen 5 release, among other releases in the line up. 

Pretty much every pleasure sport company does the same thing. Atvs, auto, wave runners, snowmobiles, vacuume cleaners, blenders, power tools, lawnmowers, weed eaters.  

2 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

The big one was also the 43!  

From what I was told directly, it even surpassed their wildest expectations. 

Having a 43, I would have picked up a 48, as I would have been able to mix and match the slides and frames to make some nice combinations. But the mags are not interchangeable due to the thickness (was hoping for a sleeve, like the g26 can fit the larger mags). So I went P365.  

I think the next innovation is going to be Glock and everyone else playing catch up to get a piece of that P365 market. Sig wedging that many rounds into a gun that size was kind of a big thing with everyone running to the G43, PPS, Shield, LC9 and other such pocket 9's.

If Glock is smart, they will take advantage of the growing pain the P365 had and get their version out asap. I don't think that I'm alone, but the few but not-so-uncommon issues with the P365 have put me off from purchasing one right now. When they get a little track record, I will reevaluate my decision.

TL;DR: G365

9 hours ago, david8613 said:

They need to start putting decent sights. No more plastic.

No thanks. 

I really hate this criticism against Glock. It’s not true.

You have the option now when buying a Glock to pay more (between $70 and $100) and have your choice of two different sets of night sights from the factory - Trijicon or Ameriglo.

There are 18,459,107 different options out there for Glock sights and everyone has a different favorite set.

I personally prefer they keep the plastic placeholder “sights” so I continue to benefit from the commensurate savings rather then they raise their prices because they provide each gun with a set of real sights and the increased costs of doing so just so I can take those sights off and throw them away.

I like that Glock saves me $70-$100 per pistol by not forcing me to spend money on sights I don’t want, as I am just going to buy the sights I do prefer anyway.

If you don’t like the available factory options, just budget for the sights when you buy your Glock.

Edited by High Exposure
Edited for clarity of statement
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

No thanks. 

I really hate this criticism against Glock. It’s not true.

You have the option now when buying a Glock to pay more (between $70 and $100) and have your choice of two different sets of night sights from the factory - Trijicon or Ameriglo.

I personally prefer they keep the price where it is and keep the plastic placeholder “sights”. That way I can buy the sights I prefer and install them, instead of paying $70-$100 more for the gun just to have it come with sights I’m going to replace immediately anyway.

+1

However, I do like those Ameriglo sights with the large orange front dot.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, david8613 said:

They need to start putting decent sights. No more plastic.

It isn't so much the plastic sights, which I hate in and of itself, but the stupid U-notch rear and ball up front.  They suck