Howard

Better buy you laser sights right away :(

Just had on the Lame Stream ABC evening news and they are talking about the shooting in IL today talking about the military assault style baby killing laser sights the gunman had on his weapon.  Sure the anti fool will now want to ban lasers on guns.

Howard, I was watching the news coverage earlier on Fox when the news broke that the gunman’s handgun had a “green laser”.   Had exactly the same thought as you. Watch the ignorant anti-2A idiots start calling for bans on green lasers.  

It's the top headline at CNN right now.

Shooter in deadly Illinois rampage had a gun with a laser sight, witness says

Martin opened fire with a Smith & Wesson handgun at the Henry Pratt Co. in the Chicago suburb of the Aurora, shooting at terrified employees before engaging in the gunbattle with responding officers.
Martin was being let go Friday from his job at the company, police said. They did not give more details about why he was losing his job or whether he'd been notified before the shooting.

'He was just shooting everybody'

An employee who survived the shooting, told CNN affiliate WLS that the gunman was a coworker.
He was "running down the aisle" with a pistol that had a green laser sight on it, John Probst said.
"As soon as I saw the green thing and heard the shots, we left," said Probst, who's worked at the plant for 40 years. "He started opening up on the room, and he was just shooting everybody."

They mention Smith and Wesson, so we'll see if S&W rolls over and stops selling the gun the shooter used.

from listening to the press conference it sounds like it might have been another one of those background check failures.    have to wait and see it again to confirm but apparently he had a felony conviction from 2104      so much for the nics check

Dems in this state love to ban scary gun accessories, but they also make pretty irrational decisions.  After the Parkland school shooting took place (where the shooter used 10 rd magazines), our state decided we should have 10 round magazines too.  Maybe they will look at this and mandate we all get green lasers?  Never under-estimate the power of the stupid.  

4 hours ago, revenger said:

from listening to the press conference it sounds like it might have been another one of those background check failures.    have to wait and see it again to confirm but apparently he had a felony conviction from 2104      so much for the nics check

It gets even better, and I bet they'll find a way to penalize us for the failures of local LEOs and the court system.

AURORA, Ill. — An angry worker who opened fire inside a suburban Chicago factory where he had worked for years was barred from having the handgun he was carrying, officials said on Saturday.

Gary Martin, 45, who died in an exchange of fire with the police after a rampage on Friday that left five co-workers dead and at least six other people wounded, had already had his state weapons permit revoked because of a felony assault conviction from years earlier, the police in Aurora, Ill., said. Still, they said, his gun was never taken away.

“Some disgruntled person walked in and had access to a firearm that he shouldn’t have had access to,” said Kristen L. Ziman, the chief of police in Aurora, where the shooting took place.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/16/us/aurora-illinois-shooting.html

41 minutes ago, Sniper said:

It gets even better, and I bet they'll find a way to penalize us for the failures of local LEOs and the court system.

AURORA, Ill. — An angry worker who opened fire inside a suburban Chicago factory where he had worked for years was barred from having the handgun he was carrying, officials said on Saturday.

Gary Martin, 45, who died in an exchange of fire with the police after a rampage on Friday that left five co-workers dead and at least six other people wounded, had already had his state weapons permit revoked because of a felony assault conviction from years earlier, the police in Aurora, Ill., said. Still, they said, his gun was never taken away.

“Some disgruntled person walked in and had access to a firearm that he shouldn’t have had access to,” said Kristen L. Ziman, the chief of police in Aurora, where the shooting took place.

Always seems to be the knee-jerk reaction.  

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

From what I've read, he bought his handgun, then applied for a CCP a few days later which is when police found out he had been arrested multiple times with felonies. So...how did he pass the check when he got his handgun?

So the state rejected his CCW application when they ran his prints and he came up as a felon from Mississippi, revoked his FOID but never moved to take his recently purchased M&P 40 away.

Next of kin of the murdered should sue the State of Illinois for that shit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

So the state rejected his CCW application when they ran his prints and he came up as a felon from Mississippi, revoked his FOID but never moved to take his recently purchased M&P 40 away.

It seems to be a re-occurring theme yet instead of those groups being held responsible, responsible gun owners just get punished.

On 2/16/2019 at 6:53 PM, njJoniGuy said:

then we'll all cry "confiscation".

my issue.....why didn't NICS pick this up in the first place??

On 2/16/2019 at 6:53 PM, njJoniGuy said:

I'm sure they will.  I wonder if lawyers realize how much work they'll lose if things continue down this common sense gun law route?

38 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Last I read  more than 1/2 of states are not 100% in compliance with nics. Even the Air Force isn’t. It’s only as good as the data it has been given.

All this stuff involving "control" can no longer be handled on a state by state basis.  Just like the voter system, "mother" computers need to be set up.  Communication would have stopped a lot of this.  I wonder why it is that they can work a multi-state lottery flawlessly and not anything else?  Oh yeah money.