njpilot

Shot Show Gun Theft

Anybody here about this? Didn't see it posted. Pretty crazy a felon working at a gun show and can get away with stealing 65 guns including NFA stuff.

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2019/02/15/men-arrested-stealing-machine-guns-silencers-shot-heres-atf-affidavit/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2019-02-16&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

As I commented with Nick,  During the last two days of the show they REALLY clamped down on security and had security guys count all of the guns and ask to match them up with a manifest, for every booth they were assigned to.

This explains it. 

I think this show was under many scrutinies.  If you have not heard, Division of Taxation for NV was there and they shut down a few booths, one fairly big, for selling at the show without a tax license.  

2 hours ago, brucin said:

I can't believe the judge ROR'd them. What's he going to sentence them to "community service"?

I think it depends on what their intent was.

Were they merely trying to steal "widgets" so they can sell them?

Or were they knowing trying to steal guns so they can sell them to gang bangers or terrorists?

I suspect if these people had more sinister intentions, they would not be RORed. 

After all, as gun owners... if we want guns to not be bad and scary... we can't go nuts after every time someone steals guns. 

11 hours ago, Maksim said:

I think it depends on what their intent was.

Were they merely trying to steal "widgets" so they can sell them?

Or were they knowing trying to steal guns so they can sell them to gang bangers or terrorists?

I suspect if these people had more sinister intentions, they would not be RORed. 

After all, as gun owners... if we want guns to not be bad and scary... we can't go nuts after every time someone steals guns. 

We will never truly know their real intent. Perhaps it was just to make some easy cash. That being said the value of the property taken alone warrants a felony theft charge at least in NJ, I'm not sure what the charge would be in Nevada.

I'm curious to know if a smash and grab at a jewelry store or an auto theft would get the perpetrators ROR'd.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, brucin said:

We will never truly know their real intent. Perhaps it was just to make some easy cash. That being said the value of the property taken alone warrants a felony theft charge at least in NJ, I'm not sure what the charge would be in Nevada.

I'm curious to know if a smash and grab at a jewelry store or an auto theft would get the perpetrators ROR'd.

Related to some Metro PD cops?  There is a bunch of "good ol boy" out there. 

4 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Related to some Metro PD cops?  There is a bunch of "good ol boy" out there. 

I agree it's never what you know it's always who you know.

1 minute ago, brucin said:

I agree it's never what you know it's always who you know.

What was eye opening was this documentary I saw on Amazon Prime about it... "What Happened in Vegas"

https://www.amazon.com/What-Happened-Vegas-Joe-Lombardo/dp/B0754MPT8L/ref=sr_1_3?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1550428632&sr=1-3&keywords=vegas