TheTeZ

Broke out of New York, ... arrived in jersey....

Hey All,

I've broken out of the peoples republic of New York, but i think i went the wrong way,  i ended up in Jersey?!?! 

Just kidding, i was actually born in jersey and grew up here for a while,  moved to NY and did the rest of my growing up there.  
I'm about as big a firearms enthusiast as NY gave me permission to be.    
My wife and i bought a house in our original home state of NJ.  when we started looking murphey wasnt in yet, and their were small glimmers of hope,  But hes in, we got our house,  we're here for the long haul i guess. 

I know plenty about the NY gun laws, and a little of new jersey laws.  I know the basics,  I guess it was at worst a lateral move... so theirs that.   Some benefits, and some negatives,  
Well,  I've been members of the new york forums, and its time i join the NJ forums, and get to know you great people. 

tombarretsilence.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheTeZ said:

Hey All,

I've broken out of the peoples republic of New York, but i think i went the wrong way,  i ended up in Jersey?!?! 

Just kidding, i was actually born in jersey and grew up here for a while,  moved to NY and did the rest of my growing up there.  
I'm about as big a firearms enthusiast as NY gave me permission to be.    
My wife and i bought a house in our original home state of NJ.  when we started looking murphey wasnt in yet, and their were small glimmers of hope,  But hes in, we got our house,  we're here for the long haul i guess. 

I know plenty about the NY gun laws, and a little of new jersey laws.  I know the basics,  I guess it was at worst a lateral move... so theirs that.   Some benefits, and some negatives,  
Well,  I've been members of the new york forums, and its time i join the NJ forums, and get to know you great people. 

tombarretsilence.jpg

Welcome -- Just joined the this forum today as well.  First question for you, how do you conceal carry that bad-boy??  ;) 

Just now, chic013 said:

Welcome -- Just joined the this forum today as well.  First question for you, how do you conceal carry that bad-boy??  ;) 

well obviously i fold up the shoulder thingie, and we're good to go.   
Actually that just showed up in my memories today on FB, i so decided to share it in the post.  My buddy who moved to PA a few years ago owns that bad boy,  he very shortley after it got that can for the end of it.  The Suppressor is 17" alone. 

1 minute ago, TheTeZ said:

well obviously i fold up the shoulder thingie, and we're good to go.   
Actually that just showed up in my memories today on FB, i so decided to share it in the post.  My buddy who moved to PA a few years ago owns that bad boy,  he very shortley after it got that can for the end of it.  The Suppressor is 17" alone. 

Awesome.  Well, NJ is just about as strict as NY with gun regulations so yep, you're a tit-for-tat relocatee. 

1 minute ago, NJSigfan said:

Welcome to the forum!!

keep an eye for the next shotgun blast.  Great way to meet members!

is that the one down in Clinton? 

Im up here in West Milford,  it may be a little tough for me to get to some of that stuff, i work between 5 and 7 days a week, and never know what its going to be.  but generally closer to 7. 

1 minute ago, TheTeZ said:

is that the one down in Clinton? 

Im up here in West Milford,  it may be a little tough for me to get to some of that stuff, i work between 5 and 7 days a week, and never know what its going to be.  but generally closer to 7. 

Yes it is...long drive. Roughly 60 minutes

of course i expected that response from plenty when posting here.  As i am a transplant from NY, we say the same to the NJ inmates being transferred to our prison.    But the real issue is work.  Both my wife and i work in NJ, and i've had my job for 11 years there and plan on staying,   unfortunately PA wasnt really an option, But believe me, I wanted too. 

Hi,

Welcome. 

Think of all the joy you can have loading in 10 whole rounds into your mags instead of 7?

Think of how great your joy will be when you eventually leave?  I know I'm looking forward to it :).

We're not far apart, probably 6 miles as the crow flies but 25 minutes by road.  I recently rejoined Cherry Ridge after a hiatus, could guest you in if you're not already a member. 

46 minutes ago, Malsua said:

Hi,

Welcome. 

Think of all the joy you can have loading in 10 whole rounds into your mags instead of 7?

Think of how great your joy will be when you eventually leave?  I know I'm looking forward to it :).

We're not far apart, probably 6 miles as the crow flies but 25 minutes by road.  I recently rejoined Cherry Ridge after a hiatus, could guest you in if you're not already a member. 

Thanks,   I've been thinking about joining there for a few years.  

44 minutes ago, TheTeZ said:

Haha.   Glad to see some fun can be had here.   .... but seriously.  Taylor ham.

Thanks for the welcome.   I've been doing some reading up, wanna make sure I dont ask something that's been beaten to death.

Now there's a Mensch!

Lil Timmy.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, TheTeZ said:

That must be a trick question.   EVERYONE knows its Taylor ham.... or anyone that's right anyway...

Only those who voted for Murphy

15 hours ago, TheTeZ said:

.... but seriously.  Taylor ham.

Thanks for the welcome.   I've been doing some reading up, wanna make sure I dont ask something that's been beaten to death.

We forgive you.

If you live in Northern NJ AKA Suburbs of NYC then its Tayor ham. :)

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 11:20 AM, remixer said:

Only those who voted for Murphy

Well that's no way to treat a new member, that's some pretty mean stuff right there. 

But I understand, when you realize your wrong, you gotta just pass the blame, and discredit the other side.   It's all your side has.     I mean, does anyone ACTUALLY think its pork roll?    ;-)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheTeZ said:

Well that's no way to treat a new member, that's some pretty mean stuff right there.  

But I understand, when you realize your wrong, you gotta just pass the blame, and discredit the other side.   It's all your side has.     I mean, does anyone ACTUALLY think its pork roll?    ;-) 

Nothing personal :)

But to disspell the fake new its Pork Roll... I actually think there was a court ruling on this.

https://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2016/06/results_of_our_great_pork_roll_vs_taylor_ham_battle_divide_nj.html

1 hour ago, TheTeZ said:

Ignore the naysayers... the critics... the unwashed knuckle-dragging heathens who mindlessly cling to their generic, pale, lumpish and misnamed "pork roll" (they know who they are...).

You, young man, are clearly intelligent and discerning. You're obviously a proud and rebellious truth-teller who boldly marches to the beat of your own drummer... no doubt, while dining on a delicious Taylor Ham, Egg & Cheese sandwich.  I salute you, Sir! :good:

• Like 1
  • FacePalm 1
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Ignore the naysayers... the critics... the unwashed knuckle-dragging heathens who mindlessly cling to their generic, pale, lumpish and misnamed "pork roll" (they know who they are...).

You, young man, are clearly intelligent and discerning. You're obviously a proud and rebellious truth-teller who boldly marches to the beat of your own drummer... no doubt, while dining on a delicious Taylor Ham, Egg & Cheese sandwich.  I salute you, Sir! :good:

Mrs Peel,

While we might have differing personal opinion on the Pork Roll / Taylor Ham debate we cannot argue with the legal and regulations outcomes that have solved this years ago.

index.jpg

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1