TheTeZ

Broke out of New York, ... arrived in jersey....

2 minutes ago, remixer said:

Mrs Peel,

While we might have differing personal opinion in the Pork Roll / Taylor Ham debate we cannot argue with the legal outcome and regulations that have solved this years ago.

As a gun owner - a gun DEALER no less! - you should be well aware of the plethora of bad laws that we all operate under. I will forever call it by it's appropriate and most beloved name - Taylor Ham.

Now, go run some NICS checks or something... and stop stirring up trouble!!! ;)

• Haha 1
  • Crazy 1

Just now, Mrs. Peel said:

As a gun owner - a gun DEALER no less! - you should be well aware of the plethora of bad laws that we all operate under. I will forever call it by it's appropriate and most beloved name - Taylor Ham.

Now, go run some NICS checks or something... and stop stirring up trouble!!! ;)

As am American i understand that while not all laws are just but they are laws...  To change the laws you must push our elected officials to right those wrongs.

Its ok that you want to continue to live a lie..... Elizabeth warren spent her entire life thinking she was an Indian.... She turned out just fine :)

• Haha 2

Look into the history, it's a little bit of both, I dont remember exactly, but it was originally supposed to be Taylor's ham pork product or something  but it couldn't be trademarked, so the generic name is pork roll, but the original intended name was supposed to be Taylor's ham....  if you look I to the history that's at least pretty close, so they are both kind of right, but Taylor ham is obviously the most right for all intents and purposes l. 

1 minute ago, TheTeZ said:

Look into the history, it's a little bit of both, I dont remember exactly, but it was originally supposed to be Taylor's ham pork product or something  but it couldn't be trademarked, so the generic name is pork roll, but the original intended name was supposed to be Taylor's ham....  if you look I to the history that's at least pretty close, so they are both kind of right, but Taylor ham is obviously the most right for all intents and purposes l. 

LOL

What part of NJ you from?

It is Pork Roll (note the capitalization).

If you prefer Case or Trenton over the Taylor brand, do you still call it Taylor Ham? Do you then call it Trenton Ham or Case Ham? I think not, that would be silly.

Ham, a delicious product in and of itself, is an existing cut of meat, codified as to it’s source by regulations. Pork Roll most certainly does not meet that definition.  

If I ordered a ham sandwich and received Pork Roll, I would be quite put out - well, at least until I tasted it and discovered the deliciousness that is Pork Roll. But, that is neither here nor there. 

What is important is the following:

It is Pork Roll.

Taylor’s Pork Roll is acceptable.

Taylor Ham is not.

That is all.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, remixer said:

As am American i understand that while not all laws are just but they are laws...  To change the laws you must push our elected officials to right those wrongs.

Its ok that you want to continue to live a lie..... Elizabeth warren spent her entire life thinking she was an Indian.... She turned out just fine :)

Ya, porkrollahontus! 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 2/20/2019 at 11:58 AM, Mrs. Peel said:

Ignore the naysayers... the critics... the unwashed knuckle-dragging heathens who mindlessly cling to their generic, pale, lumpish and misnamed "pork roll" (they know who they are...).

You, young man, are clearly intelligent and discerning. You're obviously a proud and rebellious truth-teller who boldly marches to the beat of your own drummer... no doubt, while dining on a delicious Taylor Ham, Egg & Cheese sandwich.  I salute you, Sir! :good:

I wash my knuckles after dragging them around all day!  Well, maybe every other day.

• Haha 1