Ray Ray

Buffalo Bore

If you are looking to kill a dinosaur with your 357 revolver, this is the ammo to do it with.   I used some today for function check and to check for point-of-aim to point-of-impact and DAMN!  This stuff bucks in my K frame Model 13.  It's there 180 grain hard cast bullet.  19a in their catalog. 

20190214_123344.jpg

• Like 1

Buffalo Bore certainly produces rhino roller loads in many calibers.  I'm not a fan of hot loads in anything.  I will use +P in k frame size revolvers and +P+ in 357s.  If I need more than a 9mm or 38 I'll use a 357, more than a 357 I'll go to a 44.  If I need more than that I'll use a rifle.

@Ray Ray are you going to use those on your hog hunt?  I'm pretty sure you'll get through and through penetration with those on most hogs.

Love Buffalo Bore!  I've used those loads for sidearm in bear country, they are quite a handful. I also shot some of their 125gr. JHC, muzzle blast was exceptional.

Lately, I've used their Outdoorsman line in both 40S&W and 9mm. A hunting guide recently used the 9mm in a compact S&W to take down a charging grizzly.

While you'll get very good penetration with them, you might get better hunting results using an stout expanding bullet like an A-frame or Barnes.

Yea, Buffalo Bore is some good stuff...

I was actually debating about getting some of their .45 AutoRim, but said the hell with it and will stick with ACP/moon clips. Of course, if you jump on their website to look at one/two loads... you go through the entire list.

Their 9mm 147 grain +P+ really interests me. Yea it costs some money, but I’d love to see what it does out of a CZ Scorpion or MP5 pistol. And definitely like their 220 grain 10mm...

I think this model 13 might be pushing it for this ammo.  Their website states it is safe in ANY steel framed 357 but after I shot it the casings required a slam on the ejector rod to pop out.  Funny enough @GRIZ, this 13 shot YOUR ammo the best, the 38 special 147g +P+ Hydrashok rounds from Federal.  They hit to point of aim better than Remington 125g 38 special +P JHP and Federal 125 grain 357 Magnum JHP.

• Like 1